some analysis on Pound pairs..here we go... :smile: :smile:
patmontes
Trader

HGI + Sixths + a bit of Semafor

Post by patmontes »

gigikitajaya » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:08 pm wrote:hi guys,
Good one!
I believe it would go to the White Middle line, then go back down again... just a guess
RisklessPips
Trader

Post by RisklessPips »

gigikitajaya » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:08 pm wrote:hi guys,
Gigi

Your TP zone intrigues me. I'm sure you have your reasons for taking profits there but have you experimented to see if you are leaving money on the table ?

Here's what I'm saying (in demo) -

Trade type 1 - Trade one size with your TP style.
Trade type 2 - Trade a second similar size with a trailing stop of no less than 75% of the gap (preferably 100%) between the 6th lines

Take profit with trade type 1 as you normally do.
Let trade 2 run till taken out by the TS, regardless of how long it takes

Do this for a sample number of trades - say minimum 30 trades. Then do some analysis

I would expect before the results are in the following outcomes

Trade type 2 to run for longer than trade type 1
Trade type 2 to generate more pips
Trade type 2 to require a lot of patience and push your psychology for "let the winners run" to maximum

Obviously if you trade with a stop - put that in at the start of the trades.
Trading is a mind game - good job I have a brain
gigikitajaya
Trader

Post by gigikitajaya »

RisklessPips » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:59 pm wrote:
gigikitajaya » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:08 pm wrote:hi guys,
Gigi

Your TP zone intrigues me. I'm sure you have your reasons for taking profits there but have you experimented to see if you are leaving money on the table ?

Here's what I'm saying (in demo) -

Trade type 1 - Trade one size with your TP style.
Trade type 2 - Trade a second similar size with a trailing stop of no less than 75% of the gap (preferably 100%) between the 6th lines

Take profit with trade type 1 as you normally do.
Let trade 2 run till taken out by the TS, regardless of how long it takes

Do this for a sample number of trades - say minimum 30 trades. Then do some analysis

I would expect before the results are in the following outcomes

Trade type 2 to run for longer than trade type 1
Trade type 2 to generate more pips
Trade type 2 to require a lot of patience and push your psychology for "let the winners run" to maximum

Obviously if you trade with a stop - put that in at the start of the trades.
hi, Mr. Charles

I think it's good idea to take trade 2 with trailing profit as you mentioned. I probably consider using trailing stop or profit and let the trade run for more longer, maybe I will test it first. I'm used to trade manually by using H4 TF, so my take profit area in my screenshot pictures is enough for me ( it give good pips) if price reached those area. I will consider your idea to test it out.
cheers... :good: :good: :good:
RisklessPips
Trader

Post by RisklessPips »

July monthly Trade - GBPJPY

Analysis CSS
JPY rising, GBP falling - Both outside the 20's channel.

Analysis HGI + 6ths
Sell Rad. Price in bottom end zone. MA's widening and fast below slow.

Trade management rules

Mental SL just above the slow MA at 165.74 - Because this will reverse the MA's and price is saying get out.
TS 30% of gap between 6ths lines because price is in the bottom end zone. Normal TS is full distance of gap.
No TP
Stack a new sell trade every 20% drop in price (20% is arbitrary I could stack at different points)
Exit criteria - First of SL, TS or 31st July.
Expectation between 1500 and 1800 pips on first short, less on stack trades
July MN CSS.png
GBPJPY July MN.png
Trade development update - 12th July 2016

Japanese elections took place and spooked the Yen for fear of a stimulus package. Safe haven considerations fell away and any long Yen positions got hammered. On the MN chart the damage is less intense but need to keep watching.
GBPJPYMN-Update.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gigikitajaya
Trader

Post by gigikitajaya »

hi, guys
This is my micro live account resullt account for this week. Thanks to all master and veteran on SHF :
Stevehopwood, Nanningbob, Captain Jack and Charles. Hope we have another good pips week by week.
cheers...
:smile: :smile:
RisklessPips
Trader

Post by RisklessPips »

gigikitajaya » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:35 pm wrote:hi, guys
This is my micro live account resullt account for this week. Thanks to all master and veteran on SHF :
Stevehopwood, Nanningbob, Captain Jack and Charles. Hope we have another good pips week by week.
cheers...
:smile: :smile:
Very well done Gigi - pleasure to see your good numbers. :clap: :clap:

Charles
thirdconfig
Trader

Post by thirdconfig »

Guys, long time lurker here so first off let me say thank you to RisklessPips for handing us this useful tool and Steve for providing us with this wonderful platform. Much obliged. :hi:

As for my 'system'. I use the Sixths in conjunction with Gann Ribbons. The Sixths shows me if there's room to move with the trend or if I should be looking for a reversal. In case of a reversal I look for a ribbon crossover and a divergence on the Squeeze indicator. Such is the case for the first trade of this week I'm in: CADJPY long.
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 09.00.29.png
As someone who likes to keep his template as clean as possible I would like the Sixths to just show the dotted lines. So only the 'future' part, if that makes any sense. And if possible also turn off the Top to Bottom data in the upper left corner. Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Thank you and may the pips be in your favour!
— a friend from Amsterdam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BobbyT
Trader

Post by BobbyT »

thirdconfig » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:27 pm wrote:Guys, long time lurker here so first off let me say thank you to RisklessPips for handing us this useful tool and Steve for providing us with this wonderful platform. Much obliged. :hi:

As for my 'system'. I use the Sixths in conjunction with Gann Ribbons. The Sixths shows me if there's room to move with the trend or if I should be looking for a reversal. In case of a reversal I look for a ribbon crossover and a divergence on the Squeeze indicator. Such is the case for the first trade of this week I'm in: CADJPY long.

As someone who likes to keep his template as clean as possible I would like the Sixths to just show the dotted lines. So only the 'future' part, if that makes any sense. And if possible also turn off the Top to Bottom data in the upper left corner. Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Thank you and may the pips be in your favour!
— a friend from Amsterdam
Thirdconfig,

You can open the indi in metaeditor, find the first block of ObjectCreate...ObjectSetInteger and wrap it in an if statement. Don't forget to add the control variable to your external variables (extern).

If you don't know how then try. If you irreversibly break the indi just download it again. This is very simple indi mod.

As Steve always says, learning some basic coding skills will make your trading life super easy. And you won't have to wait 3 days for a coding request response only to have some prick tell you to do it yourself.

Trust me, learning to cde, in any language, is a very rewarding experience.

Cheers,
BobbyT
Procrastination provides exponentially negative returns - BobbyT
thirdconfig
Trader

Post by thirdconfig »

BobbyT » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:26 pm wrote:
Thirdconfig,

You can open the indi in metaeditor, find the first block of ObjectCreate...ObjectSetInteger and wrap it in an if statement. Don't forget to add the control variable to your external variables (extern).

If you don't know how then try. If you irreversibly break the indi just download it again. This is very simple indi mod.

As Steve always says, learning some basic coding skills will make your trading life super easy. And you won't have to wait 3 days for a coding request response only to have some prick tell you to do it yourself.

Trust me, learning to cde, in any language, is a very rewarding experience.

Cheers,
BobbyT
Right you are, BobbyT! Learning / trying out basic code as we speak. :hi:

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”