Ask Bob Forex Questions-no banning allowed

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
trucomallica
Trader

Post by trucomallica »

A question for when you return and have everything settled. I guess that if anyone has the answer can respond.
You say that you trade 10 cents lots for every 1000 dollars, so every pip movement in every pair should have a value of 0.1 of a dollar for every 1000 dollars, but how do you keep track of the position size you have to enter based on every different pair? Do you keep a table based on current prices for every pair? Is there a script for this?

Thanks you.
Try. Try again!
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

No you just trade the same lot size for all pairs. The concept is you trade in a way that allows you to trade another day. Guys who trade ten dollar lots usually have over a million dollars in their account.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
1000pips
Trader

Post by 1000pips »

:hi: Hi Bob, the question I pose is bcoz I just getting a grasp on Empty4 platform & its a really pressing issue that just irritates alot especially when drawing patterns and fibonaccis on an Empty4 Timeframe.

Every time a I draw fibs or trend lines on Empty4 lets say on H4, & I move on to H1, they keep on dissapearing on one step lower or one step higher Timeframes where they would be obviously visible on that scale.

Looking eagerly for a permanent fix, I have tried by advise:

✔ Selecting all timeframes in the object's visualization tab found by right clicking on it for its properties: IT does not work completely
✔ I have checked in the options tab : Keep personal Settings and data at startup : STILL it does not work

✔ I was advised that some coder was too lazy to use another fuction other than the DeleteAllObjects() function in their Indicator so went hunting for that indicator in a bid to learn and modify that function: IT HASN'T WORKED bcoz some of the most crucial indicators I use, like HGI for example are in .EX4 extention and finding them in the MQL4 editor seems more far fetched than I would want to believe. : NOT TO MENTION am just a fledgling coder getting so much inspiration from more seasoned coding traders in this great forum.

:cheer: please help. Is there a permanent way I can bypass all these limitations on Empty4 to keep drawn objects for better analysis frameworks for trading lower & higher timeframes like H1, M30 and so on. Thanks alot for your help
:roll:
mandarsne

Post by mandarsne »

Hi Bob,

I just started using HGI, went through the PDF over weekend and also run the DAX/US30 through last 1 year strategy tester. Excellent results with HGI. But today I am seeing one behaviour that sometimes arrows disappear if i change the TF and switch back to 4 hrs. I can understand that it may happen if the situation changes. It just happened to US30, up arrow disappeared but the US30 has increased in price 30-40 pips so not sure why the up arrow disappeared.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Every time you change TF you change the math. So when you change back everything goes to the optimum math. It's no longer live results.
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

You can save the screen by saving to templates. This will keep your markings if you need to. One back.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Didn't know where to post this info but look at your monthly charts. The last time Tepublicsns controlled the presidency and Congress they depreciated the dollar by almost 100% over a 7 year period. When ever these policies take affect next year I would expect the same thing.
pipson

Post by pipson »

Hi Bob, all,

First post. Thanks to Bob and team for this marvelous indicator.

I have done manual back testing on 28 major currency pairs for the last 6 months (SEP 2016 to FEB 2017) and results are very inspiring.
I will focus on 4H TF's and use BIG arrows (trend change) combined with wavy signals for entries (with a maximum of 6 session gap (basically 1 day) between the two - bonus if they're on top of each other but back testing reveals 6 session gap is OK. Use some discretion based on previous swing low/high of the gap is 7 to 12 sessions AND if draw down rule allows). I haven't figured out my draw down rules yet...I'ts kind of difficult if the draw down never actually realizes :lol:
Stop loss levels will be mentally placed and I'm not willing to loose more than 1 percent of my account per trade.

These currency pairs (and Gold) will be the focus and is based on testing (draw downs/total points):
EURAUD
GBPAUD
EURCAD
GBPCAD
NZDCAD
USDCAD
GBPJPY
XAUUSD

In the last 6 months there were 90 opportunities to trade the mentioned signal on only these pairs.

I Hope to post my results and experiences and lessons learned in September 2017.

Bob, if I may ask, why did you share this masterpiece?
I'm curious in the sense that most people will hide it but you and team have gone
counter clockwise - I've always been a believer of the more you give the more you'll get -
I will gladly contribute to compassion.com once I'm profitable - hopefully that will be soon
since I graduated from the School of Hard Knocks recently - cum laude :youknow:

I've stumbled upon your indicator (Steve's forum, via a reference from Lucas Liew's AlgoTrading101 course) at a crucial time in my life/career. As the saying goes: The teacher appears when the student is ready.

All the best
Alwyn
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

The reason, well like I've stated it was a team effort. This Indi is the result of over 7 years of work with contributions of hundreds of traders. To say this is my work would simply be false. There were four of us for the final putting it together and probably a dozen or more who tested it. Then after making it public hundreds of suggestions were made and updates before the final product. Each of the final four guys who put this together made major individual contributions but the real brains was Milanese who put the bulk of the programming and problem solving into the project. We decided to keep it free but protected so all may enjoy its benefits. We only ask of you is to give something to a charity as a thank you. Unlike others who make money selling mostly junk we make our money in trading so we pass on our success to others. We love trading and have a heart for others. Maybe God will reward us in the next life or maybe the money we earn and satisfaction we get from helping others is our reward. Either way we are satisfied with our lives.

"Give and it will be given unto you" I'm not rich but I'm not poor. I have enough to enjoy life. For that I am thankful to the Lord for both the hard times and the good times. I have friends all over the world now.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

nanningbob » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:08 am wrote:The reason, well like I've stated it was a team effort. This Indi is the result of over 7 years of work with contributions of hundreds of traders. To say this is my work would simply be false. There were four of us for the final putting it together and probably a dozen or more who tested it. Then after making it public hundreds of suggestions were made and updates before the final product. Each of the final four guys who put this together made major individual contributions but the real brains was Milanese who put the bulk of the programming and problem solving into the project. We decided to keep it free but protected so all may enjoy its benefits. We only ask of you is to give something to a charity as a thank you. Unlike others who make money selling mostly junk we make our money in trading so we pass on our success to others. We love trading and have a heart for others. Maybe God will reward us in the next life or maybe the money we earn and satisfaction we get from helping others is our reward. Either way we are satisfied with our lives.

"Give and it will be given unto you" I'm not rich but I'm not poor. I have enough to enjoy life. For that I am thankful to the Lord for both the hard times and the good times. I have friends all over the world now.
Brilliantly put Bob. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mind, the ball would not have started rolling if you were not around to give it the initial shove. The rest of us would not even have spotted that there was a ball to shove in the first place.

There is nobody at SHF who has been a member for several years who does not owe umpteen levels of understanding to you. For sure, I do.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”