Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

[/attachment]
trader689 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:36 pm wrote:Great many thanks for the share Leon, will set it up to test this weekend. One of the issues with your previous settings were occasionally open positive floating profits sometimes were not being locked in and consequently pips were given back. Has employing Sharky mitigated this somewhat?

P. S. Could you please also share your templates if possible

thanks, trader
Hi Trader,
One of the issues with your previous settings were occasionally open positive floating profits sometimes were not being locked in and consequently pips were given back.
This is a culmination of many exits tried by me over the years with my system. If profits were given back then it is because it did not work for you or for me and this is why I have been tweaking. I have not found the holy grail yet, if anyone has, please take me out of my pain :smile: I have run the tweaked setup for a month and so far 2700 pips in open and closed trades. Is it because Ea's generally perform well this time of the year? I don't know. I have to take it through its paces. My idea is more for longer-term trades and I prefer to have exits with my veto signals which are responsive but not too responsive. With the trades that have closed so far, I have not seen too many profits given back. Touch wood. You can try setting breakeven at 50 pips or so if you want to lock in trades or use a jump stop. I just have not seen the need for that yet.
I started using Sharky because I wanted to test Richard's ATR basket take profit, however, did not see the need for that anymore with my longer-term strategy. It is there if you want to test it and can be beneficial to you. I would rather ride the full cycle than run the risk of new trades being entered towards the end of a cycle.
Anyway, here are my templates.
TDesk v 7.41e - 23072021.tpl
UBD 1e -23072021.tpl
UBD 2e -23072021.tpl
Have a great day,
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geojalencar
Trader

Post by geojalencar »

Good morning Dear Leon, your system is great! I'll see how to fit the Waddah into it, I really like Waddah. Thank you and strong hug and good weekend.
J. Alencar
geojalencar
Trader

Post by geojalencar »

Can you send Shaky.ex4 too? Here a error appears in the .mq4
J. Alencar
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

geojalencar » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:41 pm wrote:Can you send Shaky.ex4 too? Here a error appears in the .mq4
Hi Geo,
Here goes.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Hey Leon,

Thanks for the templates and your explanation,

trader
lemur6666
Trader

Post by lemur6666 »

Leon,

Looking good Billy Ray ! :party:

One question/request. I have noticed that in your UBD file for HGI indicator name= "HGI". Is that HGIv17.00 renamed or is it something else that is not icluded ?

Thanks
Max
barry
Trader

Post by barry »

lemur6666 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:40 pm wrote:Leon,

Looking good Billy Ray ! :party:

One question/request. I have noticed that in your UBD file for HGI indicator name= "HGI". Is that HGIv17.00 renamed or is it something else that is not icluded ?

Thanks
Max

Leon wrote this on the previous page: "Take note: Hgi reads of the library file and not the HGI indicator for a lighter Cpu footprint."
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,
Humble apologies for not updating page 1 and it will be updated in due course with my latest settings as per the last two pages. My focus has been primarily on exits for some time with many combinations tested,
The entry is the easy part, but the exit is the most difficult part.
Cheers
Leon
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,
I have updated post 1 with a step-by-step guide for my latest setup.
Take care,
Leon
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,
I have been wondering what the maximum open drawdown was in that period. Is there any way you can let me know, either in pips or % or currency?
Just trying to make my lot sizing as sensible as I can. I have started with your 0.05 lots, and that seems a good place to start.
I thought I would share my discussion here with one of our members. It is important for all to know:
I cannot remember much of a drawdown. My profitable trades have always superseded my trades that were in drawdown. Having said that, there were pairs that were not successful, and the reason I took them off my system. The pairs are GBPNZD,EURAUD,AUDCHF,AUDCAD,GBPCHF,NZDUSD,USDCAD.
You will see in my picture with all open and closed trades that these pairs have been a bummer for my system.
Screenshot_1345.png
My current open trades.
Screenshot_1346.png
I think it is very important to test which pairs will be most successful and cull the ones that are not successful for your system. I have 21 pairs and I am quite comfortable with 0.05c and 21 trades open. I have only one trade per pair at any given time.

Have a great day,
Leon

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”