Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
pathenry
Trader

HGI

Post by pathenry »

Great job Leon.
Can you tell me what your 2nd #MTF_RSI settings are?
You have two? AllI get from the template is the red one. Not the Green. Is it a Stochastic or RSI?
Last edited by pathenry on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
You won't really understand GRACE until you fully realise you've been GRACED.
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

Ok Guys, let me answer some questions and also clear up some confusion.
Are you running 1 buy/sell per crossover? or keep adding as per new HGI signals?
On my live account I have been using 1 trade per crossover. If the blue line has crossed over the magenta line I will wait for the Hgi trend signal on the hourly time frame. I encourage traders to add on trades after the second Hgi buy signal and so forth, when they trade this on demo to get a good feel for it and see how we go with this.
I know it is probably signal, but do you open on signal, or candle close (if signal still exists)?
The beauty with this is you do not have to trade immediately when getting your Hgi signal. If I get an Hgi signal in Asia I will wait for London to open and see I i can get a better entry on any pull back. I have attached a chart below.
So 4hr and 1hr stochs have to agree before an entry?
I think I came across a bit confusingly with this. I Will usually go to the 4hr time frame to see where the blue and magenta lines are in relation to the 1 hr timeframe. On the 4 hr timeframe it is ideal to see my daily stochs (Green) above the blue and magenta line for a buy signal and below for a sell signal and the hourly time frame to cross over in the same direction. It is not neccesary if you are only going to trade the hourly time frame but you need to be on the pulse if things go against your trade.I have posted the chart below to show you and I think it will answer Fx 800's question as well. I only trade with stochs on the daily time frame.
Do you use opp. crossover, yellow wavy, or both for exit conditions?
I close my trade if the blue and magenta line cross over in the opposite direction and I get and opposite Hgi trend signal.
How mechanical do you feel this is? ie do you use your discretion at any stage?
It is very mechanical but yes some discretion is needed at times.
Are you only trading the 1hr chart? What session are you trading then?
1 Hr chart and I trade London and New york only.
Just to re-frame your explanation to make sure I understand it... if the 4hr and 1hr stochs agree, then wait for a directionally agreeing HGI Trend signal to buy/sell. Does that sound right so far?
[/quote]
the chart should be explanatory.

I will post some trades as and when they happen so all can get a clearer picture. Maybe some of you will come up with some good ideas that we all can incorporate.
Screenshot_154.png
You will see on the chart that my sell trade was taken after asia close even though I had an Hgi trend signal in Asia. It is possible that down momentum is slowing down. The red Rsi line has allready moved above the blue and magenta line, just and indication that down momentum could come to an end but nothing confirmed yet. I will wait for the blue and magenta line to cross over in the opposite direction and an Hgi trend buy signal. My green daily stochs must also move up above the blue and Magenta line. This could possibly happen tomorrow. I wait patiently for this.
Screenshot_155.png
On the 4 Hr chart a bit of a different picture. You can either wait for the green Daily stocks to move above the Blue and Magenta line and wait for a cross of the blue and magenta line and then go to the hourly timeframe and wait for an Hgi trend buy signal. This is an extra confirmation for those who like to make sure. Anyway hopefully time will tell what works best for all. Also note that you can use Baluda super slope for extra confirmation.

August has been a slow month and watching your trades is like watching grass grow. ;)

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

Barcode » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:46 am wrote:One more question Leon :D

Have you tried this on higher time-frames 4hr/Daily and Daily/Monthly?

Tia
Bob
Hi Bob 1 hr and 4 hourly only and I have only used daily stochs so far. Please feel free to try higher timeframes.

Cheers
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

pathenry » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:10 am wrote:Great job Leon.
Can you tell me what your 2nd #MTF_RSI settings are?
Hi Pat,

Rsi time frame: 1440
Rsi period: 2
Applied price: 5
Shift : 0

Cheers
Leon
smilee89
Trader

HGI

Post by smilee89 »

I don't know what's wrong.
It seems the chart has some incorrect trend-lines and other objects.
I attach a screenshot of my chart and its indicator list.
I marked in yellow rectangles some of the issues.

Please advise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

smilee89 wrote:I don't know what's wrong.

Please advise.
Hi Smilee,

I realized that I would just confuse traders with those lines highlighted in yellow by you. This was significant in the days that we were trading 10.9 to check market direction on a daily, and weekly basis. I have simplified the template so this is only applicable to what we are looking at now.

It is important that you also put the 10.9_3.27STO7D1_wts_Ht ALERT.ex4 as per my first post in your indicator folder else you will not have the Green stochs line appearing and your screen will not look the same as mine.

New simplified template:
Hgi with a bit of spice.tpl
Your indicator list should look like this.
I hope you come right now.
Cheers
Leon
smilee89
Trader

HGI

Post by smilee89 »

Wavegarrick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:49 am wrote:
smilee89 wrote:I don't know what's wrong.

Please advise.
Hi Smilee,

I realized that I would just confuse traders with those lines highlighted in yellow by you. This was significant in the days that we were trading 10.9 to check market direction on a daily, and weekly basis. I have simplified the template so this is only applicable to what we are looking at now.

It is important that you also put the 10.9_3.27STO7D1_wts_Ht ALERT.ex4 as per my first post in your indicator folder else you will not have the Green stochs line appearing and your screen will not look the same as mine.

New simplified template:

Your indicator list should look like this.
I hope you come right now.
Cheers
Leon
Thanks. Done.
I think it would be better to upload ALL indi's in your post so the template would match all of them.
lwtrade
Trader

HGI

Post by lwtrade »

smilee89 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:50 am wrote: It seems the chart has some incorrect trend-lines and other objects.
I had some display anomalies also, but they cleared after changing to another timeframe and then back. Maybe try that also?

:) LW
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys thanks to a pm from one of you,

I realise that I should have posted the Rsi Ex 4 file as well to be included in the indicator folder:

So here it is:
#MTF_RSI.ex4
Hopefully we are getting closer now.

Thanks Guys

Cheers
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

To those of you still not getting the Green daily stochs line. Try this set file to be attached to 10.9 327 Stochs:
10.9 stochs 3.27.set
Cheers Guys.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”