Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

Also another thing guys, When working with multi timeframe indicators it is utmostly important to ensure that your chart history is updated else your indicators will not work properly. There are history download scripts or you can do it manually by zooming in and out of the charts from the 1min to the monthly timeframe for the charts or currency pairs that you wish to trade.

Furthermore I have no answers.
Cheers
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

Just al little synopsis on my my earlier example on EurNzd. All looks good for a swing to the upside, so far. However I need to wait for an hourly up trend signal now for confirmation.

Nothing cast in stone, confirmation is key.

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lwtrade
Trader

HGI

Post by lwtrade »

Wavegarrick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 am wrote: I close my trade if the blue and magenta line cross over in the opposite direction and I get and opposite Hgi trend signal.
Thanks for all the thorough replies Leon :)

With the above, do you mean, you close on opp. dir. AND HGI? or opp. dir. OR HGI?

Oh and another qn, how many trades would you do in a week? And do you watch the charts every hour or so? or do you need to be a bit more on the pulse?

Awesome :)

LW
smilee89
Trader

HGI

Post by smilee89 »

Wavegarrick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:30 pm wrote:Just al little synopsis on my my earlier example on EurNzd. All looks good for a swing to the upside, so far. However I need to wait for an hourly up trend signal now for confirmation.

Nothing cast in stone, confirmation is key.

Cheers
Leon
EURAUD looks good too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zafh
Trader

HGI

Post by zafh »

Something new to play around with, also a potential new HGI EA in the future as it is mostly mechanical.

Thanks for this.
smilee89
Trader

HGI

Post by smilee89 »

I still miss the green line (stoc?) in the lower window.
pathenry
Trader

HGI

Post by pathenry »

smilee89 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:I still miss the green line (stoc?) in the lower window.
Add this to the indicator window 1 (Center) section of your window
You won't really understand GRACE until you fully realise you've been GRACED.
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

lwtrade » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:20 pm wrote:
Wavegarrick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 am wrote: I close my trade if the blue and magenta line cross over in the opposite direction and I get and opposite Hgi trend signal.
Thanks for all the thorough replies Leon :)

With the above, do you mean, you close on opp. dir. AND HGI? or opp. dir. OR HGI?

Oh and another qn, how many trades would you do in a week? And do you watch the charts every hour or so? or do you need to be a bit more on the pulse?

Awesome :)

LW
Hi LW,

If a trade goes into a loss immdediately I will close the trade immediately on an opposite cross of the blue and magenta line, but if in a nice profit I will wait for an opposite cross a well as an opposite Hgi Trend signal. It is up to each individiual to develop their own style. This is a short to medium term strat and trades can last 3 days or 3 weeks and more.

There are not many signals. I only trade positive swaps on my live account. Simple reason that I can hold my trades for a period of time. So not that many trades per week. I do encourage all to trade every signal when trading on demo to get a proper feel for this method.

For traders not at their work station often I suggest setting a stoploss and some sort of trail stop.

To make life easier for myself I check Rene's Hgi matrix every hour or so for hourly Hgi Trend signals. If my trade conditions are met I open the trade.

Cheers
Leon
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

pathenry » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 am wrote:
smilee89 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:I still miss the green line (stoc?) in the lower window.
Add this to the indicator window 1 (Center) section of your window
Nice one, thanks Pathenry. This should help a couple of guys out. :good:

Cheers
Leon
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

zafh » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:24 am wrote:Something new to play around with, also a potential new HGI EA in the future as it is mostly mechanical.

Thanks for this.
Yes it could be. Anyway I suggest that all do a proper forward test to evaluate the method properly.

There are other things one can do when trading manually of course by looking at sixths and so forth when making the trade decision.

My pleasure Zafh.

Cheers
Leon

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”