Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

Wavegarrick » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:48 pm wrote:
taipan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:25 am wrote:Hi Leon,

Thanks for the update, will try an update again and make it better.
Thanks Taipan,

I am sure you will come up with some improvements :good:

My ambition has been to get an exit as soon as price changes in the opposite direction i.o.w get a timely exit. In my endeavors with Expert advisors I have too often seen that very good profits are given away when trades are closed with an opposite trend signal. This is of course taking a total hands off approach without manual intervention. So in a way I have concentrated more on exits than entries in my year long quest.

In my approach you will see that I follow trend on the 4 hour time frame. My profits will take a knock in ranging periods but grow substantially in trendy periods. I hardly have draw down because my trades are closed timeously. In ranging periods I take a knock but in trendy periods I can have more than 20 000 pips on the table. This is how I have grown my system.

So let us take this a step further, now that we know we have a good exit. We need some sort of filter to take out the ranging periods. If we can get a good filter that looks at the higher time frame which will make you wait for your entries, but will give you quality entries with a timely exit, I think we will be onto something good.

I have tried with HGI on the higher time frame but was not too successful. I am now looking at solar winds joy which on a visual back test looks good. If you add the daily time frame you could have a filter. Alternatively add the daily and weekly time frame. Anyway, these are just ideas to explore which I have not yet touched.

This is the kind of thing we could look at and ideas are welcome.

Have a great weekend.
Cheers
Leon
Hi Leon,
Thanks for the sharing, I am looking some great indicators to improve the entry and exit. Will test it first before posting here.
Have a great weekend too.
Cheers,
taipan
milosz
Trader

Post by milosz »

Hello Wavegarrick,

thank you for your detailed setup guide. I've followed your procedure and it's up and running on my test machine.
tdeskwavegarrick.png
I'll move this to VPS asap.

Best regards,
Milosz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WillemJvR
Trader

Post by WillemJvR »

Hi Sir Just loaded all the indicators and set file and all neede > i love you system and would like to try it out bee watching HGI for long time and always add it to my charts

i have one problem that the HGI . set file do not want to work

Regards

Willem

looking forward to market open to see how it works
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Before anyone else replies to WilemJvR above, I have been in pm contact with him and we've sorted the issue. No further action required

trader
Last edited by trader689 on Sun May 24, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

trader689 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:16 pm wrote:Before anyone else replies to WilemJvR above, I have been in pm contact with him and we've sorted the issue. No further action required

Trader

Thanks for helping out Trader, much appreciated :good:
Cheers
Leon.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Hi Wavegarrick

This setup is amazing. I started with $5000 and it's now $8000 in one month.
I do notice that it will give back 50% of the profit or worst if I let it run the whole week, so I just close all trades after I have a satisfied profit of about $1000 (usually by Tues US end of day). I will close it all manually and wait for Monday again. Consistency is the key.

What do you think? I remember you manual intervene as well.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

lamdog330 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:45 am wrote:Hi Wavegarrick

This setup is amazing. I started with $5000 and it's now $8000 in one month.
I do notice that it will give back 50% of the profit or worst if I let it run the whole week, so I just close all trades after I have a satisfied profit of about $1000 (usually by Tues US end of day). I will close it all manually and wait for Monday again. Consistency is the key.

What do you think? I remember you manual intervene as well.
Hi Lamdog,
I don't intervene manually and have not tried as yet. I have noticed that my losses more or less equal my profits in ranging periods and seem as though my account is not making much progress, however, this is fine for me because my balance grows exponentially when we go into trendy periods.

Thanks for giving us a different exit method. It will be interesting to see how you go in ranging periods and could be worth future consideration.

Cheers
Leon.
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I started playing with Waddah attar explosion indicator and made it UBD compatible and thanks to Wallywonka for putting the final touches to it.

The reason behind this was to explore volume and staying out of the market when there is a little volume or ranging periods. As I have mentioned in my previous post, my set up grows well in trendy periods but gives back in ranging periods.

Bringing the Waddah indicator into the mix is an attempt to stay out of trades when there is no volume. We can probably tweak it some more with higher time frames but I have it set from the hourly to the daily time frame.

I have received Pm's with regards to exits. It is all in the Tdesk calculation. You will see the blue highlighted columns in the Tdesk header. Exits will occur when most opposite signals agree. I have set it to be reasonably responsive to changes in direction in an attempt to take what is given and not give back too much. More tweaking as time passes could follow.

Here is the Waddah attar indicator.
Waddah_Attar_Explosion.mq4
I have made some modifications to the stochastics Mtf slow and will have to be re-downloaded:
Stochastic color mtf slow.mq4
All the other indicators remain the same as per post 1 of this thread. Here is my Tdesk template, I have now included multi signals:
TDesk v 6.81 - 27062020.tpl
Screenshot_597.png
UBd template with some minor changes to Desky Ea.
UBD 1 - 27062020.tpl
Screenshot_598.png
Usd Template:
USD 1 - 27062020.tpl
Screenshot_599.png
I am hoping this can bring us to a new level in staying out of the market in ranging and low volume periods.

Cheers
Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Bravo, thanks Leon :good:

trader
Dragonian
Trader

Post by Dragonian »

Thanks Leon for your continued dedication and sharing.
TTFN

Bill

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”