PP Forward Demos

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
Pipologist
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by Pipologist »

Angat, many thanks for setting up this tread :good:
When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
gringoh

PP Forward Demos

Post by gringoh »

Hi Angat,

I shared in this post myfxaccount settings for my current tests:

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 27#p116427
A test in the test.

Yesterday I setup 1 demo account with 11 dashboard instances (all templates shared in post 2) and 11 MPTM Plus EA instances.

Let see how MTCrap latest update manage all this trades. At the moment there are 52 trades opened, 449 pending trades opened on 4 pairs. Useless to say that the platform is using high resources…

I also setup a Myfxbook account where you can have access to the results (use the custom analysis option to see the results per magic number):

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/gringoh ... 11/1174898

Depending on the results, I might remove the worst performing dashboard instances but I’ll let you know.
Cheers,
G
Reaper
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by Reaper »

gringoh » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:39 pm wrote:Hi Angat,

I shared in this post myfxaccount settings for my current tests:

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 27#p116427
A test in the test.

Yesterday I setup 1 demo account with 11 dashboard instances (all templates shared in post 2) and 11 MPTM Plus EA instances.

Let see how MTCrap latest update manage all this trades. At the moment there are 52 trades opened, 449 pending trades opened on 4 pairs. Useless to say that the platform is using high resources…

I also setup a Myfxbook account where you can have access to the results (use the custom analysis option to see the results per magic number):

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/gringoh ... 11/1174898

Depending on the results, I might remove the worst performing dashboard instances but I’ll let you know.
Cheers,
G
Updated post 1.

I put 'multiple strats' - I assume that's what you mean by multiple instances. If not let me know.
Reaper
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by Reaper »

Pipologist » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:30 am wrote:Angat, many thanks for setting up this tread :good:
No worries :yahoo:
gringoh

PP Forward Demos

Post by gringoh »

Angat » 03 Mar 2015, 14:52 wrote:
Updated post 1.

I put 'multiple strats' - I assume that's what you mean by multiple instances. If not let me know.
Yep, I have 11 PP dashboard instances (each for 28 pairs) with different settings on each one.

Settings details can be found in post 2 of PP dashboard thread:

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =91&t=4047

Which mean that Myfxbook is showing the results for all the instances. As you know, Myfxbook Custom analysis can provide the results per magic number

Cheers,
G
JohnnyAmpere
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by JohnnyAmpere »

I couldn't stand having the trades open for so long. I'm used to trading manually on the 4H timeframe so I adjusted my atr settings to get similar duration on open trades.

ATR TP: 1,5
ATR SL: 1,5
ATR BE: 1
No JS

My plan is to try and catch a good chunk of a trend wave and cash in, then wait for the retracement to happen and jump on the next wave. I might try setting the ATR SL to 1 later on, but first I'll see how it goes for now.
qvintus
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by qvintus »

Wonderful EA. Thanks again Pipcruiser, but a bit sad to not seeing any posts from you lately.

On my live account trading 21 pairs I have +450 pips closed this week. But open floating is around -175 pips.
I noticed yesterday the floating trades was above +800 pips for some time. I am using Xfactornos settings (no pendings addon trades).

Any ideas of how to squeeze out thoose extra pips from the open trades in right time? As of now it looks like at this moment half the profit is gone.
But the week is not finished yet. Lets hope for more pips.
DocT
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by DocT »

Any ideas of how to squeeze out thoose extra pips from the open trades in right time? As of now it looks like at this moment half the profit is gone.
Qvintus

Why not use either MPTM/MBTM or APTM/APBM to set a global profit grab target which would then close all trades for $x amount. Am looking at this myself

Doc
milanese
TechAdmin

PP Forward Demos

Post by milanese »

taggie11 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 pm wrote:
Qvintus

Why not use either MPTM/MBTM or APTM/APBM to set a global profit grab target which would then close all trades for $x amount. Am looking at this myself

Doc
with the APBM --> http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =21&t=4081 you can to set that EA trading will be deactivated after the basket close and and if you wish after a user selected time reactivated what is very comfortable imo..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
TFL999
Trader

PP Forward Demos

Post by TFL999 »

milanese » Today, 16:52 wrote:
taggie11 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 pm wrote:
Qvintus

Doc
with the APBM --> http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =21&t=4081 you can to set that EA trading will be deactivated after the basket close and and if you wish after a user selected time reactivated what is very comfortable imo..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Hi Tommaso,

Will the APBM also delete all the pending trades or will these trades still be opened when the price is there but with the EA that opened these pendings disabled?

Grtz, TFL

My Basket with PC trades went up for about 12% of the account and is now "only" 2% up. despite the jumping stop for each pair. I'm still happy with that. But the APBM would be a great idea i guess in protecting profits.

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”