PP on Steroids Basics - ask your questions here.

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
Reaper
Trader

PP on Steroids Basics - ask your questions here.

Post by Reaper »

Not sure whether your question will result in a kneecapping if you ask it in the PP thread?

Ask it here instead. Some kind soul may help you, but it might not be right away.

(If you're that kind soul, please no answers like "check the main thread". At the very least please provide a link to the exact post.)

Cheers
Last edited by Reaper on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reaper
Trader

PP Basics - ask your questions here.

Post by Reaper »

I'll go first. I think I know what UseTradingCandle means as per the first post in the main thread. I think it sets the stop loss to the hilo range of the previous day i.e. D1 ? Is that correct?

Cheers
rmndschmidt

Post by rmndschmidt »

I Know, it´s a stupid newbie question: what means MPTM (I read it again and again; perhaps MultiPair... ?)?
patrick93
Trader

Post by patrick93 »

Reaper
Trader

Post by Reaper »

rmndschmidt » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 pm wrote:I Know, it´s a stupid newbie question: what means MPTM (I read it again and again; perhaps MultiPair... ?)?
Multi Purpose Trade Manager

A link for it in patrick93's post above.
rmndschmidt

Post by rmndschmidt »

Angat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:54 pm wrote:
rmndschmidt » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 pm wrote:I Know, it´s a stupid newbie question: what means MPTM (I read it again and again; perhaps MultiPair... ?)?
Multi Purpose Trade Manager

A link for it in patrick93's post above.

Thank you very much! :uff:
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

Angat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:21 pm wrote:I'll go first. I think I know what UseTradingCandle means as per the first post in the main thread. I think it sets the stop loss to the hilo range of the previous day i.e. D1 ? Is that correct?

Cheers

Here's something from one of the manuals.... not sure if the settings are the same offered in PC.
I was going to check the code but never got around to it, to see what it does when you enter 5 trail candles - so in the example above, would it check all 5 or just the 5th? I've never used this trail because I don't FULLY understand it yet. Maybe I'll look in the code now and shut up.......

EDIT: just checked out the code. so for CstTrailCandles=5, it checks the bar 5 back and doesn't check any bars between current and 5 back.

note from code
//Trails the stop at the hi/lo of the previous candle shifted by the user choice.
//Only tries to do this once per bar, so an invalid stop error will only be generated once.

candy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reaper
Trader

Post by Reaper »

Angat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm wrote:I'll go first. I think I know what UseTradingCandle means as per the first post in the main thread. I think it sets the stop loss to the hilo range of the previous day i.e. D1 ? Is that correct?

Cheers
Not sure what your on about AnotherBrian. :)

Just realised this has nothing to do stop loss but just regular stop orders i.e. buystop, sellstop.

•UseTradingCandle: tells PP to use the previous candle hilo to calculate the stop order price

So I take it this is something to do with the entry, instead of using 20 pips above/low high/low, this tries to use another method. That's my guess.
Last edited by Reaper on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

Angat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:25 am wrote:
Angat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm wrote:I'll go first. I think I know what UseTradingCandle means as per the first post in the main thread. I think it sets the stop loss to the hilo range of the previous day i.e. D1 ? Is that correct?

Cheers
Not sure what your on about AnotherBrian. :)

Just realise this has nothing to do stop loss but just regular stop orders i.e. buystop, sellstop.

•UseTradingCandle: tells PP to use the previous candle hilo to calculate the stop order price

So I take it this is something to do with the entry, instead of using 20 pips above/low high/low, this tries to use another method. That's my guess.

Woops, I saw trailing and not trading. my bad. I also wonder?? :?:
rasta420
Trader

Post by rasta420 »

Error 130 (Version J)

Can somebody advise how to solve this error
I try to change ECNbroker for both (True and False) also got the same result

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”