PP Set Files

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
AGT
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by AGT »

Hi Mike ! :hi:

Nice to see your good results ! They are not so far away from mine.

But be careful with the interpretation - especially take a look at your last numerous NZD trades ! Someone here gave a valuable advice comparing these trades on demo and live accounts ! They have been abolutly different !!!
Mike
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by Mike »

AGT » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:37 pm wrote: ...be careful with the interpretation - especially take a look at your last numerous NZD trades ! Someone here gave a valuable advice comparing these trades on demo and live accounts ! They have been abolutly different !!!
Thanks for the spot, will screen the forum and come back. Perhaps Jemook can explain the differences since I am on GP Mike
Mike
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by Mike »

Hi all
PPoS got struck by News today: I lost 13% of my account within minutes, (which is almost the same amount I had recovered from losses since June 17 by the way, almost entirely this morning - you can imagine how happy I was this morning and how I looked at the screen now after the news).

My 50 Pips SL of Multitrades were the main reason for the losses.
I wonder
1. How to avoid getting struck like that: do you turn off the account during important news?
2. My Close TP of sAPBM is now far too way off, I have to reset sAPBM.

But instead of doing the same again I think I want to change my settings:
Actually I have set individual SL for Maintrades and Multitrades (50 Pips), the 30 Pips Multitrade TP AND a Basket take Profit of 3%
Setting no SL within PPoS, having all SL in sAPBM and turning it off during news would be an alternative. Would anybody share his setting and Capital protection-strategy that survived todays news (well) with or without turning the EA off.
I would appreciate very much, thanks Mike
JRforex
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by JRforex »

Mike » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 am wrote:Hi all
PPoS got struck by News today: I lost 13% of my account within minutes, (which is almost the same amount I had recovered from losses since June 17 by the way, almost entirely this morning - you can imagine how happy I was this morning and how I looked at the screen now after the news).

My 50 Pips SL of Multitrades were the main reason for the losses.
I wonder
1. How to avoid getting struck like that: do you turn off the account during important news?
2. My Close TP of sAPBM is now far too way off, I have to reset sAPBM.

But instead of doing the same again I think I want to change my settings:
Actually I have set individual SL for Maintrades and Multitrades (50 Pips), the 30 Pips Multitrade TP AND a Basket take Profit of 3%
Setting no SL within PPoS, having all SL in sAPBM and turning it off during news would be an alternative. Would anybody share his setting and Capital protection-strategy that survived todays news (well) with or without turning the EA off.
I would appreciate very much, thanks Mike
I learned the hard way last month not to trade during NFP, so I closed all my trades at a 4% profit during London session, and I used SAPBM to disable EAs after that. I use a 100 pip SL for all trades, but I guess that depends on the user, some use a 50 pips SL, others use a 1 ATR SL...

JR
Mike
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by Mike »

JRforex » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:33 pm wrote:
Mike » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 am wrote:Hi all
PPoS got struck by News today: I lost 13% of my account within minutes ... I think I want to change my settings. Mike
I learned the hard way last month not to trade during NFP, so I closed all my trades at a 4% profit during London session, and I used SAPBM to disable EAs after that. I use a 100 pip SL for all trades, but I guess that depends on the user, some use a 50 pips SL, others use a 1 ATR SL...
JR
Thanks JR. Right now, I recovered ALL the losses of yesterday and made another 7% plus on my account, amazing!
So I will not change my settings, but 1. close all my open trades before important news and 2. ask for modifications of the look back period of this bot.
Mike
qvintus
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by qvintus »

No loss yesterday for me at all. I did not touch my demo account trading 28 pairs. Only trading main trades. Xfactornos settings.

My live accont I disabled trading thursday before the high impact speech.
Mike
Trader

PP Set Files

Post by Mike »

qvintus » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:25 am wrote:No loss yesterday for me at all. I did not touch my demo account trading 28 pairs. Only trading main trades. Xfactornos settings.
My live accont I disabled trading thursday before the high impact speech.
Most interesting, thanks
No basket trading?
Running since?
Monthly Gain?
myfxbook-link?

Mike

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”