PPoS Improvement Ideas - Brainstorming

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
Lifesys
Trader

Post by Lifesys »

Hi
Subtle difference highlighted by AUDCAD today between Mn(1) and 20xD1.
Using calendar values, last Mn was down -76.4 pip [(Open-Close)*factor], whereas due to recent activity, 20xD1 was up +93.2pip. Hence
PPoS2-AUDCAD-2015-08-04_174636.jpg
but PPoS would not have traded.
PPoS-AUDCAD-2015-08-04_175903.jpg
Both "Weekly" directions were up & yesterdays (Day1) candle was a mere -1.6pip (2.6% Dojo) reversal,
PPoS2-AUDCAD-2015-08-04_175202.jpg
PPoS2 fired pending trades and due to overlapping, 4 hit TP before last turned on. Brilliant!
I manually close out, total +1.5% to account, as I do not have high hopes of AUDCAD continued rise.
Note - In top image Stoch (at +76.5 = overbought in H4 TF) was only 40 when buy trades turned on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lifesys
Trader

Post by Lifesys »

Got to be some sort of record!
PPoS with 20xD1 and 5xD1 (as PPoS2) has already Modify/closed 50 pendings this week, has fired another 108 pending trades on 18 pairs, 3 of which are open (-0.4) & 6 hit TP or closed out. Many are parallel ie every CAD pair opened.
With this number, if not for the brilliant overlapping, risk would be intolerable!
Could use UseZeljko = true; but this mechanically selects which trades to reject, usually alphabetically.
Another idea is to auto close or significant jump for pendings on pairs where the Price has moved past the last SL - in the wrong direction. The bus is well missed by then, but they should expire anyway.
TGIF, or praise God it's Friday & all will disappear later today.
Bending with the wind!
Paul
PPoS2-2015-08-07_112136.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProFXer

Post by ProFXer »

Every EA has one major drawback; HITTING STOP LOSS.

How to overcome that? I suggest using the recovery zone. Let assume that the SL is 200 pips away. So if the SL level is reached rather than exiting the position(s) with real loss, it will open an opposite position of size 140% the original position(s). The GOAL is not to make profit. Rather it is to exit losing trade with BE plus 10 pips.

This is described @ this post
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost7997074
and the original post that has the video that explained the recovery zone is @
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost7961256

what we are looking for is not strategy automation. but rather using the hedging to exist losing trades.
PPoS is great EA; however its drawback is giving back its gains hitting SLs. IF WE SOLVE THIS, it will be fantastic and we can let it trade every week.
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

ProFXer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:44 am wrote: The GOAL is not to make profit.
Just take the hit on the stop and move on. You don't like to lose, a traders biggest problem to overcome, I get it. You could try ALR, a nice recovery system on this forum that works well if you have the appropriate account size. You could plug the PPoS code into that and see how it works. Have you ever heard of it?
ProFXer

Post by ProFXer »

AnotherBrian » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:47 pm wrote:
Just take the hit on the stop and move on. You don't like to lose, a traders biggest problem to overcome, I get it. You could try ALR, a nice recovery system on this forum that works well if you have the appropriate account size. You could plug the PPoS code into that and see how it works. Have you ever heard of it?
Thanks Brian. Manually I accept taking a loss.

But I noted that when I tested good EAs that it generates 50% profit and 50% losses. So, if w have a way to minimize losses, it will be very successful EA.
I';; take a look at ALR. Appreciate your input.
AGT
Trader

Post by AGT »

ProFXer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:19 pm wrote:
AnotherBrian » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:47 pm wrote:
..... it will be very successful EA.

Yes bro ... we all here like zillions of traders in the world are seeking the HG .... it exist .... somewhere .... :smile:
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

Has anyone done comparative testing between the original logic and the PPoS2 logic that determines direction?

20xD1 and 5xD1 (as PPoS2) compared to using the candles?
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi All,
For sometime now I have been pondering whether or not it would be beneficial that before PPoS sends a pending main trade order, the previous candle must have a certain number of pips between open and close prices. Ex: 20pips open close price diff. The reason is to allow for a proper pull back and gain momentum when the main trade goes back to the direction of MN and W. What do you guys think?

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”