Trader

TradeChart

Post by jptwardy »

Excellent - my boat is high and dry!
biobier
Trader

TradeChart

Post by biobier »

First of all thanks for this great utility!
I have a little request for the German users.
This year in Germany a very bad law got active affecting the private traders:
For the income tax, trading losses cannot anymore be offset against trading profits in excess of 20k€ per year. :arrrg:
So for that it would be great to get in the extended stats, the sum of total loss (and maybe also the sum of total wins but less important). Just to have an easy way to control not getting over the limit. Hope it is clear otherwise please let me know.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
biobier
Trader

TradeChart

Post by biobier »

biobier » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:12 am wrote:First of all thanks for this great utility!
I have a little request for the German users.
This year in Germany a very bad law got active affecting the private traders:
For the income tax, trading losses cannot anymore be offset against trading profits in excess of 20k€ per year. :arrrg:
So for that it would be great to get in the extended stats, the sum of total loss (and maybe also the sum of total wins but less important). Just to have an easy way to control not getting over the limit. Hope it is clear otherwise please let me know.
Please ignore the request, stupid me now found that it is already in there! As Total of the column "Loss" and "Profit". :good:
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
heart1010
Trader

TradeChart

Post by heart1010 »

renexxxx » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:45 am wrote:
jptwardy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 am wrote:I noticed when changing the graph line colors the color key on the screen does not change - is it supposed to?
Hi jpt,

I've made a little change to the code such that the colors of the Equity/Balance labels are the same as those of the Equity/Balance lines. However, you now have to configure those colors using the input parameters, eg:
and no longer with the color selection from the color-tab:
Let me know if this floats your boat.
Great work - until now everything worked :good:
migoel

TradeChart

Post by migoel »

renexxxx » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:45 am wrote:
jptwardy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 am wrote:I noticed when changing the graph line colors the color key on the screen does not change - is it supposed to?
Hi jpt,

I've made a little change to the code such that the colors of the Equity/Balance labels are the same as those of the Equity/Balance lines. However, you now have to configure those colors using the input parameters, eg:
and no longer with the color selection from the color-tab:
Let me know if this floats your boat.
sir , i want first thank you for such a great tool you provided.

i have a little request/suggestion , would you consider adding a option for group by :"Summarize results by Day Of month"?

and btw what is the "expected return per dollar invested" calculation method? and is it return per month?
renexxxx
Trader

TradeChart

Post by renexxxx »

migoel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 am wrote: i have a little request/suggestion , would you consider adding a option for group by :"Summarize results by Day Of month"?
What is the use of that? Without a good justification, I will not consider adding this option.
migoel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 am wrote:and btw what is the "expected return per dollar invested" calculation method? and is it return per month?
That is exactly as it sounds. And no, it is not the return per month.
migoel

TradeChart

Post by migoel »

renexxxx » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:28 am wrote:
migoel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 am wrote: i have a little request/suggestion , would you consider adding a option for group by :"Summarize results by Day Of month"?
migoel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 am wrote:and btw what is the "expected return per dollar invested" calculation method? and is it return per month?
What is the use of that? Without a good justification, I will not consider adding this option.
the same reason as weekly summarization, but with wider span.
That is exactly as it sounds. And no, it is not the return per month.
the expectation always depends on time period, but anyways.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

TradeChart

Post by SteveHopwood »

migoel » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:15 pm wrote:
the same reason as weekly summarization, but with wider span.

the expectation always depends on time period, but anyways.
Etc.

OP, you are sailing close to an SHF ban here. Morons like you are not welcome. You want something coded for free here? Give the coders a reason to code it. Otherwise bugger off and play in someone else's sand pit. There are lots of them to play in.

Rene, you are a gentle soul who pushes the 'ban cretinous member' button only with the utmost difficulty.

Leave it to me if you need to do so.

OP moron, do you get the message?

Moving on. That was fun. I do not get many chances to reinforce the SHF ethos these days. Far too many members buy into it. :lol: Hey ho.

OP, do feel free to carry on here. Experienced SHF members are pulling up their chairs and ordering their popcorn. They have missed this sort of spectacle as it has not happened for a while.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Data analysis tools”