GridDancer / GridMaster

Rene's trading Expert Advisors
kwchau
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by kwchau »

renexxxx » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:
kwchau,

The Dancer needs to have a (positive) value for gridSize (or DistanceBetweenTrades) in order to operate. When it first starts, or when there are no trades open, it will obtain this value either from the DistanceBetweenTradesPips parameter, or from the DistanceBetweenTradesATRRatio parameter, with the latter one taking precedence. If, at the end of this calculation, gridSize has still no positive value, the Alert message is sent and the Expert is removed.

In your case, you would have set a non-negative value for DistanceBetweenTradesATRRatio, so it would try to calculate the gridSize via the ATR. The iATR() function often returns a zero-value, if it is run just after the platform is started and the chart is just loaded. That's why the calculated value for gridSize is zero and that's why you get the error message.

Cheers.
Thanks for your patience to explain what's happening.
renexxxx
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by renexxxx »

Update Week 3:
Capture.JPG
GM/GD took a bit of a beating this week, with a draw down that went up to 5.2% at some point. However, it recovered from that in a matter of hours and closed for a profit. I have removed GBPUSD from the standard set of pairs and added NZDUSD, AUDJPY and EURJPY, just to bring more versatility/flexibility into the mix. GBPUSD has not been doing well, constantly wrong-footing HGI. Not sure if this was just bad luck or a consistent pattern.

Have a good weekend!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vsmakkal
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by vsmakkal »

Hi everyone, mine was same as Rene's. difficult week for GDGM.but it pulled through, albeit with a 8.8% DD. This is the one with GM 1.8 and GD 1.1, with no SL and no Currency Exposure filter.

My newer demoes are the same as Rene's. Am going to run it a few more weeks and then post results. It was a bad week to start testing new demoes, in my opinion.. The most impt take home msg here, for me, is the low DD, which ranges from 8.8 to 3.8, across 5 demoes. Still great results for a lousy week but lets hope for a better run this week.

Have fun everyone, and of course, a great thank you to Grid Master Rene, :clap:

Sara
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kwchau
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by kwchau »

The exposure filter has successfully keep the drawdown at a low level but at the same time generate smaller profit, low risk low gain.

The first chart is a 2 week result for GridMaster 1.81 on 17 pairs and the second chart is this week's result for 1.9 on 10 pairs. Based on these results, I could draw the conclusion that more pairs generate more profit but also higher drawdown. The maximum drawdown is 3.9% and 2% respectively, though I consider 3.9% is still a low figure vs a gain of 7.3%
deadman

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by deadman »

I believe my GD/GM ran into a nearly unrecoverable situation. For GBPUSD it opened earlier SELL positions and later BUY positions. For GBPJPY it opened earlier buy positions and later SELL positions. The 1 Lot positions are from the Version 1.3 of GD.

In summary I have on GBPUSD 3,87 buy lots and 3.84 sell lots and on GBPJPY 3.8 buy lots and 5.62 sell Lots.

There is a small chance to recover when GBPJPY goes down, but how could we prevent such situations in the future? Should we take more pairs to reduce the risk that we have buys and sells open at the same time?

Thanks in advance
renexxxx
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by renexxxx »

deadman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:01 pm wrote: There is a small chance to recover when GBPJPY goes down, but how could we prevent such situations in the future? Should we take more pairs to reduce the risk that we have buys and sells open at the same time?
Yes, this is a situation we are trying to avoid at all cost, as it is very hard for GM to recover from this.

I guess that if you are only using two pairs, you should aim for 4 different currencies, to avoid the situation (like you had with GBPUSD and GBPJPY), where it is buying and selling the same currency, such that the Max Currency Exposure filter won't kick in. In general, it seems to make sense to have a wide variety of currencies, such that one currency can be bailed out by another. If your account size is big enough to use whole lots, I would rather use more pairs with a smaller lot size than only two with a big lot size.
deadman

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by deadman »

Hi Rene,

many thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying and I will setup another demo with more pairs to further test it. For this specific instance I actually had/have 4 pairs running. The GD/GM was able to cut down the losses. Lets see what happen during the NFP today.

Open positions:
USDJPY - 7.31 buy - 7.17 sell
NZDUSD - 2.79 buy - 5.45 sell
GBPUSD - 0.41 buy - 0.84 sell
GBPJPY - 1.01 buy - 2.86 sell

Thanks!
Timmy

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by Timmy »

Update: Focusing on risk management. Running a ~2% DD over the last three weeks. Making about 1% per week. So looking for ~60% p.a. (with compounding lots sizes) if it continues to cope with volatility as well as it has been.

My baskets are designed naturally to hedge each currency out quickly during range periods (along with the slower natural pair buy/sell hedging). Leverage has been at no more than ~1:3 to achieve these results.

Looking to run it on live test account from next week.

Baskets seems to cope well so far with weekend gaps and big movement volatility (eg EURUSD yesterday). Am relying on spread management tool to stop trades opening in case of a rapid volatile move. Also will run a 4% emergency backstop SL for the baskets.

How is everyone else doing.

Tim
theforexedge
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by theforexedge »

Hi Rene,

I'm just setting up some more demo's to forward test some of the settings and wanted to ask if its possible to add the following in the next update? the past few weekends I've got caught in either Friday reversals or Sunday night Gaps...

1. Monday Start / Friday Stop

2. Weekend Flatten - MinProfitFlattern

I always stop trading on Friday @ 2pm GMT and start Mondays at 10am GMT....

I hope this is possible and thanks for all your hard work with this EA and I will post my set-file once I've got some data to analyse :smile:

Jason
renexxxx
Trader

GridDancer / GridMaster

Post by renexxxx »

HI Jason,

I'm currently away on holidays. From memory there is already a trading times option in GridMaster, that is telling the dancers to stop opening new trades.

I will work on this again when I'm back in 2017.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

René

Return to “Auto-trading EA's and EA monitors”