News event monitor EA that closes/disables trading

Rene's trading Expert Advisors
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

Kekospain » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:16 am wrote: Well, I hope with joy that René makes the necessary changes so that the EA works again because it is very necessary.
I have attached a new version of LibFF.mqh to Post 1 of this thread. As Thomas mentioned, ForexFactory has moved the calendar xml file to a new location. The new LibFF.mqh is checking both locations for some news data.

What you need to do:
1. Download the new LibFF.mqh from Post 1 and copy it to your \Include folder
2. (Re)Compile (F7) CloseOnNewsEAv1.2

I will post the new LibFF.mqh to other threads that refer to it (eg. FFCalIndi and FFCalLines)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

renexxxx » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 pm wrote:
Kekospain » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:16 am wrote: Well, I hope with joy that René makes the necessary changes so that the EA works again because it is very necessary.
I have attached a new version of LibFF.mqh to Post 1 of this thread. As Thomas mentioned, ForexFactory has moved the calendar xml file to a new location. The new LibFF.mqh is checking both locations for some news data.

What you need to do:
1. Download the new LibFF.mqh from Post 1 and copy it to your \Include folder
2. (Re)Compile (F7) CloseOnNewsEAv1.2

I will post the new LibFF.mqh to other threads that refer to it (eg. FFCalIndi and FFCalLines)
Thanks Rene. You are a star. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Kekospain

Post by Kekospain »

Good evening Rene:
I have done what you said, the compilation is OK, I attach the EA to the graph but I do not see any news, or High or medium or low, I have all put them in real but I get nothing in Empty4.
This is normal ? I have done something wrong?
Thank you very much for your speed in solving this problem.
A greeting.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Why do you think that an EA that closes/disables trading would show news?
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Kekospain

Post by Kekospain »

tomele » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:28 pm wrote:Why do you think that an EA that closes/disables trading would show news?
Because others I know also show the news, but you do not know how long it will take for them to occur, for example ...
So how do you know what the EA is going to stop and at what time?
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

Kekospain » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:19 am wrote: This is normal ? I have done something wrong?
Nothing has changed with regards to the visual feedback in the CloseOnNewsEA. The only thing that has been changed, is the location of the calendar xml file (i.e. the URL) the EA uses to look for news data.

If you want so see the news data, have a look at this thread.
Kekospain

Post by Kekospain »

Thanks Rene, I'm going to see it !!
BolibompaNisse

Post by BolibompaNisse »

Hi Renee, super work on the CloseOn NewsEA and works perfect on my local computer empty4 setup but for some reason it does not work on a VPS setup, actually no dll dependent News EA or indicator seams to work. It is a win 2012 64 bit VPS. Do I need to change VPS service. Is it dll dependent problem or where do I begin try to fix it. Is it just me or is there anyone else who has have the same problem?
renexxxx
Trader

Post by renexxxx »

BolibompaNisse » Wed May 20, 2020 4:11 pm wrote:Is it just me or is there anyone else who has have the same problem?
Hi Boli,
It does work on my VPS. Have a look in the Experts tab for some obvious messages. If DLLs are allowed and it doesn't complain about that, it might be that your VPS has blocked its firewall for HTTPS requests (port 443). Check with your provider if that is the case.

Sorry can't help more.
BolibompaNisse

Post by BolibompaNisse »

Hi Rene, you were absolutly right it was a block on 443 (Internet xplorer could not access ForexFactory) but to fix it they hade to give me a new VPS with windows server 2012R2.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Return to “Auto-trading EA's and EA monitors”