Holy Graily Bob Basics - ask your questions here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Not sure whether your question will result in a kneecapping if you ask it in the HGB thread?

Ask it here instead. Nobody will shout at you.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

I subscribed to the topic, so will be alerted when a question is posted.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Nice one. Thanks. :clap:

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
monty
Trader

Post by monty »

Gertje » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:40 am wrote:I subscribed to the topic, so will be alerted when a question is posted.
Hi Guys.

Thank you for helping out .

I have some problem with the trading hours.
Here how I copied and paste the time, and just changed the digits.

'+09.00,-12.30,+16.15,-18.00' So the tradebot would start and stops.

Could anyone tell me, what I'm doing wrong, and why the tradebot has been issuing RAD trades at all hours.

Thanks in advance.
TheWolfInsideUs
Trader

Post by TheWolfInsideUs »

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the new feature added in version 1H called '' multiple positions ''. Is the multiple position feature independent of the maxtradesallowed?

So if the TrendMaxTradesAllowed is set to 5 and the TrendMaxMultiLevels is also set to 5 can there be 10 trades be opened as long as the maxoveralltrades allows it? Or does the MaxMultiLevels feature over rules all the other max trades features? Or does it count the trend trades and the multi level trend trades as one?

My sincere respect,

The Wolf.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

TheWolfInsideUs » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am wrote:Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the new feature added in version 1H called '' multiple positions ''. Is the multiple position feature independent of the maxtradesallowed?

So if the TrendMaxTradesAllowed is set to 5 and the TrendMaxMultiLevels is also set to 5 can there be 10 trades be opened as long as the maxoveralltrades allows it? Or does the MaxMultiLevels feature over rules all the other max trades features? Or does it count the trend trades and the multi level trend trades as one?

My sincere respect,

The Wolf.
Hi Wolf,

Since the feature is added today I can't tell much about it yet.
My guess is it will be a seperate kind of order, only limited to the overall number of max-trades.
I have it set up, and will report it's workings.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

monty » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 am wrote:
Gertje » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:40 am wrote:I subscribed to the topic, so will be alerted when a question is posted.
Hi Guys.

Thank you for helping out .

I have some problem with the trading hours.
Here how I copied and paste the time, and just changed the digits.

'+09.00,-12.30,+16.15,-18.00' So the tradebot would start and stops.

Could anyone tell me, what I'm doing wrong, and why the tradebot has been issuing RAD trades at all hours.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Monty,

Can't help you here, I don't use the tradinghours function.
johnsund
Trader

Post by johnsund »

Thanks for helping the less experienced among us. Have the new 1h version up on 14 charts , all on H4. Looking at the charts, it seems that one way to trade this way would be to enter at the appearance of a large arrow, and exit at an opposite wavy line. Simple, straightforward and overcomes one of the problems I have been having as a US citizen - violating the anti-hedging rules. I would disengage all other methods, staying in trades longer maybe but great results.

Are there inputs existing so that this approach could be setup? If so I don't see how to do it.

Thanks for the help.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

johnsund » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:13 am wrote:Thanks for helping the less experienced among us. Have the new 1h version up on 14 charts , all on H4. Looking at the charts, it seems that one way to trade this way would be to enter at the appearance of a large arrow, and exit at an opposite wavy line. Simple, straightforward and overcomes one of the problems I have been having as a US citizen - violating the anti-hedging rules. I would disengage all other methods, staying in trades longer maybe but great results.

Are there inputs existing so that this approach could be setup? If so I don't see how to do it.

Thanks for the help.
Hi John,

Sure there is.

Set "trendtrading" to true, and set SL/ TP to your taste .
Set "tradeclose on opposite..." all to true.

Set "rangetrading" to false.

Set "RAD-trading" to true if you want to add to the trend with the BIG arrows, same settings as "trendtrading".

This will only allow the EA to trade one way, and close on return signals, wether BIG arrows or wavy-lines.
johnsund
Trader

Post by johnsund »

Thanks Gertje. Have it set up as you said and will let it run for awhile. Will let you and others know progress.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”