Holy Graily Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
yamez
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by yamez »

After 2 weeks of drawdown :cry: , now this week, the 3rd bout of mostly larger profitible trades. 1 step backwards, 2 steps forward. Not always that way, but don't over leverage.

Please ignore the fib pattern, I use that in manual trading. All listed open trades taken with HGB on H4, with semi manual/auto exiting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnotherBrian

Duplicate orders

Post by AnotherBrian »

HGB is sending duplicates often on my set-up. I know this happens so I reduced the lot size.

Here is a snippet from the experts log that shows two orders being places when only one was required.
The indicator is deinitializing and this is what is causing it.

Also below are the reason codes. Code 7 is "A new template has been applied". The EA and platform has been running without any intervention.
I added some troubleshooting code, seen here as "Area 2..."
Dupes.png
Hopefully this is helpful info. Also - I haven't looked at the code but I thought I'd post this for the coders who have some time on their hands. Hopefully this helps. Steve - have you had this occur on your platform? I'm using build 765, but this has happened with previous version as well.
Uninit codes.png
edit:

template code is in IsChartRefreshNeeded()
ChartSaveTemplate(0,"HGB_temp_Template");
ChartApplyTemplate(0,"HGB_temp_Template");

And it is called here....
//HGI does not remove a signal that is no longer valid until the chart is refreshed. The signal remains in the indi's buffer
//so HGB thinks the signal is still valid. Refresh the chart every few minutes if there is a pending trade.
if(PendingTradeOpen)
if(CloseOnFalseSignal)
{
IsChartRefreshNeeded();
CloseAndDeleteTradesOnFalseSignal();
}//if (CloseOnFalseSignal)

Suggest we need a delay in here to let things settled down, but not sure. I could add troubleshooting code to see what is going on, if you think this will help let me know.

edit - did more reading - why not use ChartRedraw()? I assume there were issues with that since the code indicates the template was another method....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yamez
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by yamez »

HGB has been rather trendy of late. Exit when a yellow wavy says so.
Bippo
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Bippo »

HolyGrailBob has not been so profitable for me in the last 4 weeks

I'm using OOTB settings,H4 Timeframe
Broker Demo FxPro

wondering if someone that has been profitable in the last month could help me or point me to some good setup

I've read all HGI and HGB Threads,
I've been studying many different setup combinations in the last 2 weeks,but still I have to find what I'm lookin' for
and I don't know if it would be better to stop demo HGB OOTB setup H4 Timeframe
I trade AUDCHF\AUDUSD\
CADCHF\CADJPY\
EURGBP\EURNZD\EURJPY\EURAUD\EURUSD\
GBPCHF\GBPUSD\
NZDUSD\NZDJPY\
USDCAD\USDJY\USDCHF
maybe I could add another account with different nuances of the EA

other EAs,such as PcPm and PcPm on S , are working fine

please let me know if I'm missing something good,or maybe July is simply a bad month for this sys?
I'm puzzled 'cos it seems I'm the one and only not making money with HGB
this forum is full of helpful people,and I appreciate very much great traders and coders sharing their works here.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Advice: dont quit your day jobs yet and have your wife leaving you in 3 months
AnotherBrian

Duplicate orders

Post by AnotherBrian »

AnotherBrian » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am wrote:HGB is sending duplicates often on my set-up. I know this happens so I reduced the lot size.

Here is a snippet from the experts log that shows two orders being places when only one was required.

Also below are the reason codes. Code 7 is "A new template has been applied". The EA and platform has been running without any intervention.

Hopefully this is helpful info. Also - I haven't looked at the code but I thought I'd post this for the coders who have some time on their hands. Hopefully this helps. Steve - have you had this occur on your platform? I'm using build 765, but this has happened with previous version as well.

edit:

//HGI does not remove a signal that is no longer valid until the chart is refreshed. The signal remains in the indi's buffer
//so HGB thinks the signal is still valid. Refresh the chart every few minutes if there is a pending trade.
if(PendingTradeOpen)
if(CloseOnFalseSignal)
{
IsChartRefreshNeeded();

Suggest we need a delay in here to let things settled down, but not sure. I could add troubleshooting code to see what is going on, if you think this will help let me know.

edit - did more reading - why not use ChartRedraw()? I assume there were issues with that since the code indicates the template was another method....
I replaced the part of the code where it saves the chart template and then re-applies it. This was causing the duplicate orders.

This is original

I changed it to
ChartRedraw();

It seems to have solved the problem. I'm hoping other coders can chime in here - will this accomplish the same thing? What I am not sure about is the "refreshing" requirement of HGI and is ChartRedraw accomplishes this.
trader689
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by trader689 »

bippo i recommend you try the WRB HGB variant available here:

http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=4328

it is a profitable variation of HGB and is doing well

Bippo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:17 pm wrote:HolyGrailBob has not been so profitable for me in the last 4 weeks

I'm using OOTB settings,H4 Timeframe
Broker Demo FxPro

wondering if someone that has been profitable in the last month could help me or point me to some good setup

I've read all HGI and HGB Threads,
I've been studying many different setup combinations in the last 2 weeks,but still I have to find what I'm lookin' for
and I don't know if it would be better to stop demo HGB OOTB setup H4 Timeframe
I trade AUDCHF\AUDUSD\
CADCHF\CADJPY\
EURGBP\EURNZD\EURJPY\EURAUD\EURUSD\
GBPCHF\GBPUSD\
NZDUSD\NZDJPY\
USDCAD\USDJY\USDCHF
maybe I could add another account with different nuances of the EA

other EAs,such as PcPm and PcPm on S , are working fine

please let me know if I'm missing something good,or maybe July is simply a bad month for this sys?
I'm puzzled 'cos it seems I'm the one and only not making money with HGB
this forum is full of helpful people,and I appreciate very much great traders and coders sharing their works here.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
pt2004
Trader

Error 4109 : Trade is not alllowed in the expert properties

Post by pt2004 »

Hello,

Anyone else getting this error. Ea works fine for some hours then gives this error.

I do have the live trading allowed in the ea properties as DLL imports etc..

Best regards

PT
tcollings
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by tcollings »

Hi PT,

Try restarting your platform if you get that error. it works for me when the error starts to occur.

Cheers,
Tim
pt2004
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by pt2004 »

Hi,

Thank you Tim.

Restarted the platform and it seems to do the trick... :clap: So far

Thank you

PT

tcollings » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:01 am wrote:Hi PT,

Try restarting your platform if you get that error. it works for me when the error starts to occur.

Cheers,
Tim
AnotherBrian

Duplicate orders

Post by AnotherBrian »

Anyone still getting duplicates orders?

AnotherBrian » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am wrote:HGB is sending duplicates often on my set-up. I know this happens so I reduced the lot size.

edit:

if(PendingTradeOpen)
if(CloseOnFalseSignal)
{
IsChartRefreshNeeded();

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”