HGI and proper stop loss

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
fxcommentary

HGI and proper stop loss

Post by fxcommentary »

Hi

1. how about TRAILING SL with distance to the market "20 pips" each 3, or 5, or 10 pips.

If there is momentum then you loose less (in case of retrace within a candle) because you reduce SL. Trailing SL is less than 20 pips so you loose less.

If there is no momentum you loose the same as if you have not trailed SL.

--

2. how about you locate @entry on chosen levels and not on every "20-level". You would locate @entries just after intraday PIVOT LEVEL (possibly combined with weekly pivot levels). Ie. You wolud only use @entries on the other side of that level .

possibly you would maximise the probability of having a stronger momentum required to cross the pivot level which reduces the risk of retracement to SL.

in such case i would definitely use a TRAILING SL, because you could enter nicely but the price could reject the pivot level and come back to SL. However still this would be reduced SL, as mentioned in point 1.

--

3. how about adding to the point 2 additional filter - 50% of previous candle. You would only locate @entires above pivot level + above 50% level.

--

4. how about using SL on the EXTREME of previus 4H candle, and trailing SL this way ?

--

I am also interested in SL placement. I love to loose (SL), If i loose small.
Last edited by fxcommentary on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fxcommentary

HGI and proper stop loss

Post by fxcommentary »

This is an example.
Price did not test SL zone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fxcommentary on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”