Pipcruiser's Pipmashers Bare Bones

Post your derivatives/discussion threads here.
pipcruiser
Trader

Post by pipcruiser »

Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for "tweaking" PP, its an honor that PP has caught your interest!

Looking forward to play with PPBB.

:clap:

PC
"Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away"...
Baluda
Trader

Post by Baluda »

There was a small typo issue in the code of PPBB. I just updated v1.1 in the last post of page 1.

Paul
Check the MQL4 Market for my best EA's and Indicators.
Mike
Trader

Post by Mike »

Interesting. I placed the ea on usdcad H4 today at 20:30 GP Broker time and it fired about 370 trades within seconds continuing to open trades.
This part of the exercise does not work as intended, I presume.
Rather confused I turn the ea off and wait for comments.
Mike
AGT
Trader

Post by AGT »

Yep ! The same observation I made as well !

:uff:
Baluda
Trader

Post by Baluda »

@All,

Bugfix to v1.2 in the last post on page 1. No more gazillion trades.
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

Hi Paul

Don't we have to NormalizeDouble(Bid, Digits) for the OrderSend line?

Why did you decide to use market orders and not pending?
In the first post you said
"Pending trades are very useful in a manual system. They open trades when you are not able to be at your workstation. In a automated system pending trades are unnecessary. An EA is always powered on and can open trades itself. There are a lot of advantages to let the EA itself decide when to trade instead of the EA opening pending trades. Pending trades have the nasty property that they need to be nursed, that is moved or deleted in time. Let the EA take care of trades, get rid of pendings"

Is it really that bad to use pending? One advantage, although not a major concern, is that new trades would not be open if the platform freezes, connection is lost, etc. If the connection is lost with market orders is there a danger that the order would be placed "late" compared to where it would have been placed if there were no issues?

Very curious as to your thoughts on this.
AnotherBrian

Post by AnotherBrian »

Has anyone been running this on demo? The trend identification is a little different, wondering how it stacks up recently. And Paul, can you read over my post above?
remix919
Trader

Post by remix919 »

AnotherBrian » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 pm wrote:Has anyone been running this on demo? The trend identification is a little different, wondering how it stacks up recently. And Paul, can you read over my post above?
I'm running this on demo with 3 US brokers, so far nothing impressive, equity has just bounced up and down but no real gains or losses yet. I've been running the demo for about a month now.
EA's are the best way to trade. Why? Because they take the emotion out of trading.
AGT
Trader

Post by AGT »

Dunno about the results this special EA could give, but the 2 summer months have been inappropriate for the PP strategy itself. Did not have impressive results as well for jule+august using the PP bot.

:hi:
Baluda
Trader

Post by Baluda »

@Brian,

Using NormalizeDouble on OrderSend is unnecessary, slippage will take care of any price difference.

It isn't bad to use pendings, it is more complex and not necessary. Deal with lost connections by evaluating your hardware and communications platform. A serious trader needs a serious redundant VPS.

@All,

I said it before, but here is it again. This is an exercise, please do not mistake it for anything else.

Paul

Return to “Pipcruiser's Pipmasher forum”