Supersmall "Loss Recovery" trading

Post your EA's using ALR here
europer
Trader

Post by europer »

and btw I use ALR2 method..see text above or here again:
"BTW the context is with the ALR2 since we use less lots and to manage 30 trades simultaneously in a calculation with slippage and spread changing makes ALR not to be the right tool for this"
Fibotrend
Trader

Post by Fibotrend »

brcumming21 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:16 am wrote:Additional thoughts:

Instead of having a 1:1 Take profit to Recovery Zone ratio, let's change the ratio to 5:1 so a Take Profit of 25 pips and a recovery zone of 5 pips.
Hi there, sorry I'm trying to workout how you get your lot size sequence. If you have a recovery zone of 5 pips with 25 pips TP, the hedge should be only 20% bigger, why is it double in yours?

Cheers
europer
Trader

Post by europer »

Fibotrend » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 am wrote:

Instead of having a 1:1 Take profit to Recovery Zone ratio, let's change the ratio to 5:1 so a Take Profit of 25 pips and a recovery zone of 5 pips.
Hi there, sorry I'm trying to workout how you get your lot size sequence. If you have a recovery zone of 5 pips with 25 pips TP, the hedge should be only 20% bigger, why is it double in yours?

Cheers
Hi, where do I say double? I cant find it :) please show me.
What I mean in general that the ration between recovery zone and exit zone should be never less then 1:1 but 1:>1 (1:bigger then 1). As I did understand your setup you had 1:2. Big recovery zone and a short exit zone, what is very expensive in increasing lot size
Cheers
Fibotrend
Trader

Post by Fibotrend »

europer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 am wrote:
Fibotrend » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 am wrote:

Cheers
Hi, where do I say double? I cant find it :) please show me.
What I mean in general that the ration between recovery zone and exit zone should be never less then 1:1 but 1:>1 (1:bigger then 1). As I did understand your setup you had 1:2. Big recovery zone and a short exit zone, what is very expensive in increasing lot size
Cheers
I'm referring to brcumming21 spreadsheet post 3
brcumming21

Post by brcumming21 »

Fibotrend » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 am wrote:

Cheers
I agree that the hedge should be only 20% bigger, and I think what you are seeing is that the initial trades in the lot sequence has to be 100% bigger because you can't use anything less than .01 lots and have to round up to .02 lots.

Example:

You start with .01 lots and your recovery zone is 5 pips with 25 pips TP. You would then multiply .01 * 1.2 to get .012 lots. But you can't have .012 lots so you have to round up to .02 lots.

Does that makes sense? If not please let me know.

Best Regards

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”