Holy Graily Bob

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
admcd24

Holy Graily Bob

Post by admcd24 »

Hey Guys,

I ran HGB on my Demo account this week with good results. Here's my setup.

I am using HGB to execute wavy and trend trades only. Instant execution, no pendings and no multiples. 4Hr TF, 1 trade per chart with a tight 21 pip SL.

I am also using the APTM to manage all trades with an 80% partial close at 25pips. After that initial 25pip profit I have BE and JS kicking in to maximize profits. It worked well this week :clap: :clap: :party:

651 pips for the week . Will continue testing next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by trader689 »

hey how is your demo testing going? i tried using your settings global prime demo but it didnt do too well last wekk
admcd24 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:Hey Guys,

I am using HGB to execute wavy and trend trades only. Instant execution, no pendings and no multiples. 4Hr TF, 1 trade per chart with a tight 21 pip SL.

I am also using the APTM to manage all trades with an 80% partial close at 25pips. After that initial 25pip profit I have BE and JS kicking in to maximize profits. It worked well this week :clap: :clap: :party:

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
staedtler
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by staedtler »

admcd24 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:Hey Guys,

Great Job!

Can you tell us please, are you using the STO or Double MA filters ?
Are you watching closely ? ...
krzysiekqq2
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by krzysiekqq2 »

Hi All,

Can you advise from your observation which currency we enter target for Single Pair Cash Basket (USD or local?
I missed some targets significantly and wanted to avoid such situation. Your feedback is highly welcome.

Cheers
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Holy Graily Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

krzysiekqq2 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:48 pm wrote:Hi All,

Can you advise from your observation which currency we enter target for Single Pair Cash Basket (USD or local?
I missed some targets significantly and wanted to avoid such situation. Your feedback is highly welcome.

Cheers
It is whatever currency you are trading on your account.

:xm:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

keydcuk
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by keydcuk »

Well it appears that this thread is fizzling out for new posts but always worth posting to say thanks!

:clap: Thank you ENORMOUSLY for all your efforts of HGB. I have gone through all 128 pages of the old defunct version as well as the 31 pages of this thread. I must say I am surprised to see such little activity on HGB anymore or maybe you guys have moved to another thread?

After running this for only a few days (mid last week and this week onwards),
I have made a net pip profit of +513 pips. :party:

I think I still just want to end this month on demo and am tempted to open a small live account with HGB.

I think crucial to everything that I have read so far, the best bit of advice comes from Steve's first page and I am only saying this verbatim "This EA is not intended to be a set and forget EA"

I am trading OOTB although I remember Steve's comment about dimwits who trade OOTB. I am looking to keep reading more posts and re-reading the manual.

:oops: I feel a bit embarrassed that I was looking to trade HGI manually and now I am favouring HGB but I feel that the computer can see more of the trades than I can and effectively open them.

Anyway, Happy Pipping Everyone!
I hope to see where everyone is hanging out now a days and posting.
Thanks again Steve and Boinvest as well as the HGI programming team! :good:

Daniel

Cheers!
SteveHopwood
Owner

Holy Graily Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

keydcuk » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:05 pm wrote:Well it appears that this thread is fizzling out for new posts but always worth posting to say thanks!

:clap: Thank you ENORMOUSLY for all your efforts of HGB. I have gone through all 128 pages of the old defunct version as well as the 31 pages of this thread. I must say I am surprised to see such little activity on HGB anymore or maybe you guys have moved to another thread?
Yes. We have. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=4525 and http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=4602

keydcuk
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by keydcuk »

SteveHopwood » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:22 pm wrote:
keydcuk » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:05 pm wrote:Well it appears that this thread is fizzling out for new posts but always worth posting to say thanks!

Yes. We have. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=4525 and http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=4602

Thanks for the update Steve! :smile:
Pipstubborn
Trader

Holy Graily Bob

Post by Pipstubborn »

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post. I manually trade HGI but use HGB scripts. Dowloaded to my new computer the usual way: open data folder/mq4/scripts. On the journal tab shows that is loaded succesfully and when I click ok in the window, the journal says it's been removed. But on the chart nothing happens and pending trades are not placed.

Already searched in the different threads but couldn't find anything to help me solve the problem. Can anyone please help me? Are the scripts outdated or missing soomething? or something is blocking it's functionality? I know you guys moved to HGB n Grid and his MAs.

Thanks in advance,
Pipstubborn

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”