New ALR Trade Manager from Milanese

Post by falanca »

Ok thanks
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

Hi Tommaso,

I know this is currently set up to work with one open trade per pair, but I was wondering if it might be possible to modify it to work with multiple trades per pair? I know this might not be wise, but I also see situations where it might work well.

Best trading,
J
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

nonlinear » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:Hi Tommaso,

I know this is currently set up to work with one open trade per pair, but I was wondering if it might be possible to modify it to work with multiple trades per pair? I know this might not be wise, but I also see situations where it might work well.

Best trading,
J
Hi J,

as you wrote it is probably not wise, so I will not do any modifications allowing this..

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

nonlinear » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:25 pm wrote:ALR test am running on a live account. Yes, I know this is an admittedly risk test. I wish ATC allowed lower lot sizes.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/nonlin ... lr/1325110

Hey guys, unfortunately, I have to pull the plug on this bot this week because ATC brokers is going under. As this EA will not work with any other brokers in the United States (that I am aware of), I plan on transferring funds to Tallinex and then running it fresh there. It's up about 18% with a 7% DD thus far (4% monthly, just on EU). Stay tuned.
Cubic
Trader

Post by Cubic »

Hi,

My understanding is that ATC will remain in business, though current customer accounts are being transferred to FXCM, where I assume your 'bot won't work. Apparently ATC is going with a new clearinghouse. After that is set up, they plan to offer the features that should allow your 'bot to work in an ATC account once again. I don't know when that will be, but I'm sure they'll be making an announcement.

So, your test won't have trading-environment continuity, but at least ATC's benefits may once again be available.

Your test BTW, is looking nice and steady. Equity sticks with balance, losses get recovered.

FWIW, I have no affiliation with ATC.
nonlinear
Trader

Post by nonlinear »

If you say so, but who is going to trust them now?

"Dear Valued Client,
As of the close of trading on March 18, 2016, FXCM is no longer recognizing Avail Trading Corp, dba, ATC Brokers as a Referring Broker with FXCM, as FXCM is terminating its relationship with ATC Brokers.
In an attempt to avoid any disruption to clients trading account on ATC’s Empty4 platform, ATC had suggested alternative solutions for FXCM’s consideration. Unfortunately, the solutions that ATC brought forth were not accepted and ATC’s Empty4 platform will be unavailable at the close of trading on March 18.
ATC Brokers has established a new relationship with a Forex Dealer Member (FDM). We are implementing a new back office technology in correlation with the FDM and we will provide the well known Empty4 trading platform with the same great service offered by ATC. We anticipate to have the new infrastructure in place in the coming weeks. As the Empty4 platform will be unavailable, please proceed with the instructions provided by FXCM.
We will provide you with an update once additional information is available.
Thank You"

Sorry for getting this ALR thread off topic.
Cubic
Trader

Post by Cubic »

nonlinear » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:21 pm wrote:....but who is going to trust them now?
Good point...
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

nonlinear » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:21 am wrote:If you say so, but who is going to trust them now?

Sorry for getting this ALR thread off topic.
No problem I am sure this is for many of interest..

Tommaso
Just PM
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
werterherr

Post by werterherr »

patmontes » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 am wrote:Hi Tommaso,
I have ATR pips setting set to false also, but it seems it still sets the TP and SL based on ATR inputs
Given this, so what I do was just to use the True setting and use recovery zone 0.75 and profit pips both directions as 1.5 multipliers
I´ve got the same problem as patmontes a while back. Did anybody manage to use the inputs ALR_zonePIps and ALR_TargetPips...in this EA? Even if one sets useATRforALRzoneAndTarget to false, these settings still seem to get overridden.
You can achieve yor desired settings by adjusting the 3 ATRmultipicator.. inputs, but just using the fixed inputs would be nice also.
I tried on GP, Fxpro and JFD demos. The version is 3.22
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

werterherr » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 am wrote:
I´ve got the same problem as patmontes a while back. Did anybody manage to use the inputs ALR_zonePIps and ALR_TargetPips...in this EA? Even if one sets useATRforALRzoneAndTarget to false, these settings still seem to get overridden.
You can achieve yor desired settings by adjusting the 3 ATRmultipicator.. inputs, but just using the fixed inputs would be nice also.
I tried on GP, Fxpro and JFD demos. The version is 3.22
Note this EA is calculated only for the OOTB setting, if you change settings, you will probably get at least in longer time use worse results. So it is a feature that you can't change certain values, as the EA checks the for the formula needed inputs, and if needed and possible it changes values.
This is a highly mathematic experimental EA, that should only be used with demo accounts.

Tommaso
Just PM

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”