Holy Graily Bob 'n Sixths

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
Peepaws
Trader

Post by Peepaws »

Here are the results of my 2 tests for the last 24 hours. All trades closed at the time of writing this. Started both at the same time, 8 hours into the trading week.

I think using stop and limit will be more profitable in the long run, but I think I will go live with the stop only method as it will limit losses and use up less margin.

Will keep you all updated.

Trades were closed manually by the way. I think I will TRY to let them run, but it's so hard to do when you see so much profit. Live I would never be able to let them run like that!

Stop Only no CSS
Stop Only.jpg

Stop and Limit no CSS
SnL.jpg
Here are the set files I am using
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Hi Guys, just wanted to check to isolate the issue if with my VPS. Is anyone experiencing the EA freezing eg time not moving/changing?
fxstrategie
Trader

Post by fxstrategie »

New here and amazed and thankfull for all this great Deveopment and The Ideas behind! :good:

Here are the results of my 1 tests - running since 2016-06-03 24/7 on a 3000 USD Demo Account and 28 pairs on H4.

Running on long and short. After seeing big rebounds/waves of profit - closing most of the trades manually till now. Will change it now to let it run standalone... But maybe i'll a a basket manager to manage profit later ...

HGI V17.00, CSS True, (have to set MinMinutesbetweenTrades to 1, because of Error 130 and endless new open Trades for each Message)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vectieba
Trader

Post by vectieba »

patmontes » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:13 pm wrote:Hi Guys, just wanted to check to isolate the issue if with my VPS. Is anyone experiencing the EA freezing eg time not moving/changing?
Hi Pat

I have not experienced that the EA freezes.
What makes a good EA ... low drawdown, consistent profit!
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

patmontes » 07 Jun 2016, 14:13 wrote:Hi Guys, just wanted to check to isolate the issue if with my VPS. Is anyone experiencing the EA freezing eg time not moving/changing?
Hi.

Have it running on 28 pairs without problems.

Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
patmontes
Trader

Post by patmontes »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I can now isolate it is a different issue I should check. Thanks a lot.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

A quickie for you guys using my shells to produce your own EA's. I have added a retro-fitting CSS file to my shell codes post.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
szfxtrader
Trader

Post by szfxtrader »

Peepaws » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:Here are the results of my 2 tests for the last 24 hours. All trades closed at the time of writing this. Started both at the same time, 8 hours into the trading week.

I think using stop and limit will be more profitable in the long run, but I think I will go live with the stop only method as it will limit losses and use up less margin.

Will keep you all updated.

Trades were closed manually by the way. I think I will TRY to let them run, but it's so hard to do when you see so much profit. Live I would never be able to let them run like that!

Stop Only no CSS

Stop and Limit no CSS

Here are the set files I am using
Thanks for sharing.
Peepaws
Trader

Post by Peepaws »

Here are my result at the end of last week. Both demos lost considerably later in the week.

HGBnSixths seems to be very strong on Monday and Tuesday and then gives it all back and then some later in the week.

I'm going to keep letting them run to see what happens, however I think the best thing to do is to run Stop only orders on Monday and Tuesday, then close out before the profits are given back.

Stop and Limits I think are viable but they can eat up A LOT of margin.

Stop only:
Stop Only.jpg
Stop and Limit:
Stop and Limit.jpg
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have revived the original HGB folks. Explanation at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 98#p141998.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”