HGI FAQ's, advice, examples & inspiration

Post by RisklessPips »

The attached PDF consists of :

FAQ's
Advice on usage
Examples
Inspirational information

on Nanningbob's incredible indicator Holy Grail Indicator - HGI

The material is derived by summarising what I consider important posts from the HGI thread. The entire thread - That means for as long as the thread grows this work will be a work in progress.

Notes :

I reproduce commentary as posted
All entries are my view of what is relevant -that means you still need to refer to the main thread if what you want is not satisfactorily answered here.

This will be of interest to :
  • New forum members who may be daunted by going through the entire original thread (230 pages as I write) and want a quick feel for what HGI is all about.
    Existing forum members who have not used HGI
    Anyone who has read the extensive user guide but still has questions and does not know where to start

Take it from me, having read that thread from cover to cover twice there are relatively few new or different questions people ask. They are answered in this PDF and more fully in the thread if the answers here are insufficient for your understanding.

Allow me the indulgence of defining what I have gleaned about this fantastic indicator.

HGI is an indicator - BUT nowhere on the tin does it say this exempts the user from thinking
Thinking does not include paralysis by analysis - understand HGI signals, trust the signals and make money.

HGI works in the here and now. It tells you what what the market conditions are right NOW. Trade this fact alone !

If HGI tells you buy or sell - do so (after any other due diligence you do of course) Buying need not be at market - experiment with pending trades as well.

If HGI tells you add to your position - do so (account and money management rules permitting). Multi level trading will grow your account - learn this technique

If HGI tells you get out of a trade - do so gracefully without argument - This is without doubt even more important than getting in at the exact pip required.

HGI is not a soothsayer (it comes close) - it cannot tell you what forex moving fundamentals will arise

HGI signals are present market condition specific, your trading method using it must reflect this reality. Do not moan about signals appearing and disappearing. Understand what the signals mean and then trade them. You will be a happy trader ! If you are not at your workstation when a signal (market condition) arises - whose problem is that ?

Finally, some may say this is placing too much reliance on an indicator. - If that's you, don't trade it and let those like me who want to trade it get on with our lives.

I will update this knowledge base whenever I have time but no less than once a quarter, depending on any new material on the main HGI thread.

Finally new users of HGI (existing or new forum members) ask your beginners question in the correct thread not the main one you will get a better response there.
HGI.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trading is a mind game - good job I have a brain
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Thanks Charles,

You are a star :good:

Cheers
Leon
windorz
Trader

Post by windorz »

Wow Thanks :good:
honeytov

Post by honeytov »

:youknow: Wonderful :clap:
Spurious

Post by Spurious »

Thanks fr all your efforts Charles :smile:
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

Good show. Appreciate your work.

Love the first two questions:Can someone pls tell me from where to start because the topic seems a little a chaotic? Should I download and read the HGI basics, or everything on the first post?
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”