Technical problems running HGB'nG? Post here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
rollbahn
Trader

Post by rollbahn »

I had exactly the same problem on the first load both locally and then on my Amazon VPS and fixed it by removing the EA and restarting MTCrap4.

Make sure too of course that your settings for HGBG are the same on your VPS as your local PC.
rollbahn
Trader

Post by rollbahn »

I'm not sure this is the right spot but I noticed in my logs that there were a ton of error messages like the following:

"wrong order type for OrderCloseBy function"

I use HGBG along with the "TargetCloseAllTradesBE" basket manager.

Everything "appears" to be working as it should and I am doing very well with demo trading (up 100% in three months) with fairly conservative trading but it can't be good if this is happening thousands of times month.

I have searched Google and here but didn't find anything at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.
traderduke
Trader

Post by traderduke »

rollbahn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:00 pm wrote:I'm not sure this is the right spot but I noticed in my logs that there were a ton of error messages like the following:

"wrong order type for OrderCloseBy function"

I use HGBG along with the "TargetCloseAllTradesBE" basket manager.

Everything "appears" to be working as it should and I am doing very well with demo trading (up 100% in three months) with fairly conservative trading but it can't be good if this is happening thousands of times month.

I have searched Google and here but didn't find anything at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.
rolbahn
I'm assuming that you are using the TargetCloseAllTradesBE with the EmergPairLossPerc option (line 37).
The problem is "TargetCloseAllTradesBE" when it "ClosePair (symbol)" in BnG the errors are caused by the pending orders. We need a EA coder to close pending orders properly. I just found out about this yesterday, so I'll make a request at coding help

BG
Ray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rollbahn
Trader

Post by rollbahn »

Fantastic Ray - yes I use the EmergPairLossPerc option so that must be the issue. Great to know it is nothing too serious. The basket functions well and all that side of things is working so hopefully someone can come to the rescue with a fix. I close all open and pending orders at 5am (Australian time) each day so it's something that pops up as an issue quite a lot by the looks.

Regards
Jason
krzysiekqq2
Trader

Post by krzysiekqq2 »

Hi,
I just want to highlight importance of safety futures Steve put in all his EA's about MinBetweenOpenCloseTrades. I trade live HGBnG for many months almost "hands free" with reasonable sucess. But, recently I left minutes between OpenClose trades at "O min." with my last v. 2D and while I was enjoying my vacation last Friday at Mediterian sea, GBPUSD and USDCAD were closing and opening for spread only for 4 hours before EA was shut down at 21.00. Luckly it was Friday and not other day a week. Now, I increased time to 5 min and disable "Insert Immediate Trade" with StopLimit Orders
Just a warning how important those safety futures are if we trade hands off for some time. It does not happen often, but happens and costs money.
Cheers,
Krzysiek

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”