BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER

The forum for stuff related to this method of trading. Baluda coded the indi. Bob devised the trading method.
pakeha
Trader

Post by pakeha »

Gertje » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:03 am wrote:
TraderJoeForex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:33 am wrote:The way I use both CSS is trading the crosses (arrows) on the current timeframe only in the direction of the lines for the higher timeframe.
I see you lost the colours in the background on the CSS as well, do you know a solution?
I like to see the colours for the bars to enter from.

I notice losing colours happens when you have 2 CSS (e.g. H4 and D1) running in the lower 2 indicator windows.

I do the following

1. switch the TF to another and then back to the one I want
2. open and then close (don't do anything to the indicator) the bottom CSS indicator

Then it should clear itself.

If you are still having a problem, it may be because the original template pair is showing in objects, so you also may need to go into object and delete the half a dozen lines that describe that pair. For example say the original template pair was EURUSD and you have placed the template on a GBPJPY chart, then you may find the description of the EURUSD pair still in objects and interfering with the GBPJPY CSS.

Takes a bit of a one time effort to clean up every chart :)
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

pakeha » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:46 pm wrote:Takes a bit of a one time effort to clean up every chart :)
That won't work for me, because I only use 1 chart.....

I drag and drop the pairs from the marketview.
Huge CPU saver...
Barcode
Trader

Post by Barcode »

You have one CSS on your chart and I can see it is set to D1 so the arrows on your chart are showing D1 Crosses. I had an additional CSS indi on my chart for the arrows set to H4 (I have it minimized on my chart since I only need the arrows for current timeframe.. above the higher timeframe CSS at the bottom if you look closely)

The way I use both CSS is trading the crosses (arrows) on the current timeframe only in the direction of the lines for the higher timeframe.
Thanks TraderJoe
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.
fire580
Trader

Post by fire580 »

New version of dashboard seems to be working okay - but I guess not smart enough to figure it out :arrrg:

What do B0 - B5 stand for I thought TF's but I can't seem to make the numbers match the indicator on the chart

Also there is an input for TF - so how is this supposed to be set up? :arrrg:

Any help will greatly be appreciated.
gprince66
Trader

Post by gprince66 »

pakeha » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:46 am wrote:
Gertje » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:03 am wrote:
TraderJoeForex » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:33 am wrote:The way I use both CSS is trading the crosses (arrows) on the current timeframe only in the direction of the lines for the higher timeframe.
I see you lost the colours in the background on the CSS as well, do you know a solution?
I like to see the colours for the bars to enter from.

I notice losing colours happens when you have 2 CSS (e.g. H4 and D1) running in the lower 2 indicator windows.

I do the following

1. switch the TF to another and then back to the one I want
2. open and then close (don't do anything to the indicator) the bottom CSS indicator

Then it should clear itself.

If you are still having a problem, it may be because the original template pair is showing in objects, so you also may need to go into object and delete the half a dozen lines that describe that pair. For example say the original template pair was EURUSD and you have placed the template on a GBPJPY chart, then you may find the description of the EURUSD pair still in objects and interfering with the GBPJPY CSS.

Takes a bit of a one time effort to clean up every chart :)
Pakeha,

I found the solution last night for multiple css indis on same chart. Each indi needs a unique name or they display incorrectly.

Edit line 'Approx' 186, add '+IntegerToString(WindowOnDropped()', it should now look like this...

Code: Select all

almostUniqueIndex=StringSubstrOld(now,StringLen(now)-3)+IntegerToString(WindowsTotal())+IntegerToString(WindowOnDropped());

Now you can change time frames, scroll through history, etc and all css indis display properly.

Hope this helps,

Gary
gprince66
Trader

Post by gprince66 »

This is for all the HalfTrend fans,

Attached is a version with the 'WindowFirstVisibleBar()' functionality added. Set BarsLimit to 0 and now you can scroll through history with Super CSS and they both draw on the chart's visible bars.

Cheers,

Gary :hi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have taken the liberty of creating a dedicated sub-forum for this thread - http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... .php?f=101

Those of you creating dashboards etc, would you mind starting a separate thread in that sub-forum, please? The point being that your work does not get lost in a thread that is clearly going to run and run and run. Let me know when you have done so, please, so I can link it in my wrup.

We are all having a lot of fun with this and are likely to end up with a separate forum showing up on the Main Board. I shall give it a couple more weeks first.

Thanks Bob. You have done loads of good'ns, but this one takes the biscuit.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Lots of different trading methods being posited here, so a quick reminder of mine:
  • D1 candles. GP broker so new candle starts at the 'proper' start of the trading day.
  • Find a 'confirmed' cross at the open of the new D1 candle.
  • Trade in the direction of the cross.
  • Close all at sometime between 10.00 and 11.00 London time.
I thought to myself last night, "What if I send a basket of stop orders as well?"
With a grid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
TraderJoeForex
Trader

Post by TraderJoeForex »

SteveHopwood » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:42 pm wrote:Lots of different trading methods being posited here, so a quick reminder of mine:
  • D1 candles. GP broker so new candle starts at the 'proper' start of the trading day.
  • Find a 'confirmed' cross at the open of the new D1 candle.
  • Trade in the direction of the cross.
  • Close all at sometime between 10.00 and 11.00 London time.
I thought to myself last night, "What if I send a basket of stop orders as well?"

.. funny I was thinking back to Greedy Wotsit and wondering about this CSS as a trigger. Look forwards to seeing how you get on.
KeithM
Trader

Post by KeithM »

Gertje » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm wrote:.
And another one......
:!!:
Closed at 12h30 local time, only 3 candles traded.
Max DD 307.4 pips [according to MPBM].....

This is a very mechanical way of trading, just follow the colours of the previous candle.
Instead of a lesser profit [1.5%] due to the closing taking too long, there was more profit today.
Good work Gertje. I am moving house so won't trade until Monday. Did you start on the 10am or 11am (Global Prime) candle?

Cheers

Keith

Return to “BALUDA'S SUPER CSS-2.0. THE SIMPLEST TRADING SYSTEM EVER”