10.2 forum

This is where Bob posts his own threads
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Re: 10.2 forum

Post by SteveHopwood »

nanningbob wrote:It is a matter of numbers. Since the Olympics 4 years ago enrollment has declined every year. New people have not come. Part of the problem is the tightening of visa regs, part is the tightening of business rules (very difficult to get business license to start a business for foreigner in China), part is the new taxes levied against foreigner income, part is the worldwide downtrend in the economy, and part is refusal of Korean education system and some others to accept high school credits from schools outside their own countries. Bottom line is I have a dieing business on my hand so losing over half of my students this year. June 15 is the deadline for returning students to enroll. Then I see if I have enough to continue. All my teacher and staff know they may get laid off. 3 are already gone and have found other work. The rest are waiting tosee if they still have a job. Me, I am always employable as an English teacher in China because of my experience and qualifications but my school ..................... we will see.
Slightly different in that I do not have staff to worry about - but apart from that I am in the same boat re pupils. Numbers have dropped off considerably. This is a cyclical thing that I am well used to but this time is different; my wife is now disabled and unable to work, so if I do not earn the cash it does not get earned. Were it not for my Forex activities, I would be in substantial difficulties.

Not an easy thingy, this life business. Still, better than the alternative. :lol:

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
astral77
Trader

Post by astral77 »

Please convey our best wishes to Mrs Hopwood, our thoughts and prayers are with her.

In a way by trying to master Forex trading we are all adapting and evolving in an economic sense to face the challenges life throws at us. In your case you have the added benefit of having the ability of coding EAs and thus providing a service which has a real market. I recall your reluctance when some of us were urging you to start marketing your services and we are glad you have done so. Maybe it is time to have some advertising here as well. We are all well aware of your dislike (to put it mildly) of the criminals and having their adverts here would be against your better judgement. But lets face it they provide a service we all use. Having something like Google ads would generate some income which can be used for the upkeep and enhancement of this site.

Getting back to BOB, I pray that all his hard work in the school pays off. It is an uphill task and if it is doable, BOB is the man to do it. BEST OF LUCK BOB.

Kind Regards
forexripper
Trader

Post by forexripper »

Hi all,

I think we had an excellent system from Bob which looks very promising and makes a lot of sense. However, with all the EAs, which is good but has diverted our focus and energy. We r jumping from one to the other without fully developing one, testing it, reporting results and improving. This is not how most of us would normally test new things and is not recommended to change methods every now and then. I think I had good success using 10.2 manually but then the EAs messed it all up. I have only used 10.2 EA which to me does not do the job correctly and needs some more coding adjustments. I have highlighted those but no one seems to have time for 10.2 EA. So, I am bak to manual with use of Baluda CSS indi as a guide.

I think it is good to have NN10.2, Shelley, Baluda, and SJ EAs but we need to take a step back and think what is the best combination and how best to use the expertise available and everyone's time. We need to target going from demo to live not just keep testing. So I suggest, we target
1) optimization of NNBob system by end of June (original+use of Baluda and SJ to have good direction and entry and exits)
2) testing by August
3) be ready in September to go live and actually have real money playing.
forexripper
Trader

Post by forexripper »

Okay guys so my final strategy for this EA.

I would like to see 10.2 auto EA to do the following - triggering trades and managing them.
Long (D1/H4 trades):
1) D1 slope > 0.4
2) H4 slope > 0.8
3) WOH 2x1 (Gary version for GMT+3 criminals) is green
4) Price above monthly pivot
Entry:
1) When price gets above WP (it was below it before) or other S/R level
2) If say price was already above R1 or close to it and comes down to touch WP then it should not buy at the touch but let price close down WP and then come back up for EA to buy. If it does not do that and finds the WP to be a support area then enter when price gets above one of the MA (selected by user)
SL:
For all groups closest support level for the week less some cushion say 10-15 pips to avoid just touch of it and taking us out.
TP (any option):
1) Fixed pips defined by user
2) Some % of Average Daily Range (10 days) - user defined % depending on how much has already been achieved that day prior to our trade
3) Next R level
4) Set BE+10 pips with JSL

Shorts: All opposite of above
Range: If D1 slope in tact but H4 does not match it or even goes down then we can use Baluda's currency slope strength indi for the pair and trade in direction of the strong currency which has to be above the zero line and the weak one. Also, weak one to be below zero line. Price of strong one to be above WP or other levels.
SL: same and TP: same (conservatively few pips below next S level to avoid SRF).

Please revise the code accordingly if you like the idea. Thanks for reading and tolerating.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

forexripper wrote:Hi all,

I think we had an excellent system from Bob which looks very promising and makes a lot of sense. However, with all the EAs, which is good but has diverted our focus and energy. We r jumping from one to the other without fully developing one, testing it, reporting results and improving. This is not how most of us would normally test new things and is not recommended to change methods every now and then. I think I had good success using 10.2 manually but then the EAs messed it all up. I have only used 10.2 EA which to me does not do the job correctly and needs some more coding adjustments. I have highlighted those but no one seems to have time for 10.2 EA. So, I am bak to manual with use of Baluda CSS indi as a guide.

I think it is good to have NN10.2, Shelley, Baluda, and SJ EAs but we need to take a step back and think what is the best combination and how best to use the expertise available and everyone's time. We need to target going from demo to live not just keep testing. So I suggest, we target
1) optimization of NNBob system by end of June (original+use of Baluda and SJ to have good direction and entry and exits)
2) testing by August
I am going to test an update which I hope will simplify entries and exits more but also help with whiplash. I think I have a solution but need to test it first.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
forexripper
Trader

Post by forexripper »

nanningbob wrote:
forexripper wrote:Hi all,

2) testing by August
I am going to test an update which I hope will simplify entries and exits more but also help with whiplash. I think I have a solution but need to test it first.
Thanks. You are awesome
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

nanningbob wrote:I am going to test an update which I hope will simplify entries and exits more but also help with whiplash. I think I have a solution but need to test it first.
Lurvely.

:D
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
nanningbob
Trader

Post by nanningbob »

This is the 10.2A test version. It is to help you better define your entrances and know when to stop entering into trends. Hopefully this will keep us out of reversals and whip lashes better. It also has my first method of re entering a 2nd level trade designed for the 10.2 system. Enjoy. Remember this is a test version and I will be testing it this week for the first time. Basically I am changing the 3MA lines with 1 line using the daily pivot for each pair. This makes each entry specific to the price action of each pair instead of estimating which MA line to use. I am sure Steve will have an EA for entering off of the pivot line up and running soon. S/R lines are not on this test version but using them for profit and SL still applies. I just tried to keep this update as simple as possible. Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I trade http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3964,
I talk about my philosophy of trading here.
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =38&t=3627
"The key to converting something useful to others is simplicity. Complexity is the enemy to execution." Tony Robbins
alex_forex
Trader

Post by alex_forex »

Nice one NB, thanks a lot ;-)

Got some reading now :)
Jemook
Trader

Post by Jemook »

You guys are gonna love the simplicity of this one. Nice work NB
Please note I am no longer affiliated with Global Prime. I've moved on to my next adventure with Afterprime.

Catch me here: https://www.afterprime.com

Return to “Bob's individual forum”