Holy Graily Bob 'n Dotty 'n SuperSlope

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

hey dclayw

these results look great. my basket trading with a 500pip tp on D1 charts is still running, since July. Really exactly like you said, big runs and big giving back. mine is just barely into profit after all these months, this is after some huge upswings in equity / balance.

trader

dclayw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 am wrote:Here's a test I've been running on H4 since 20 November last year. I shut this test down for 1 week over xmas so it's been running for 8 weeks now. Basket TP is 500 pips. No holding trades over the weekend, all trades are closed at 23:45 Friday nights. I'm also running the exact same test but with 250 pips basket TP, it's doing OK but not as well as this one.

A basket SL would kill this system for sure but I'm thinking that a basket break even might be beneficial, e.g once the basket reaches X pips then close the basket if it goes back to 0. APTM doesn't do this just yet.

@trader689, a while back you also posted that you were basket trading this EA on D1. How's that been going? I'd be interested to know how you are actually using the EA, if you've made your own mods etc. I've found that basket trading on H4 seems to give better overall results rather then D1. The runs are bigger on D1 ofcourse, but D1 also gives too much back.
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

trader689 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:40 am wrote:hey dclayw

these results look great. my basket trading with a 500pip tp on D1 charts is still running, since July. Really exactly like you said, big runs and big giving back. mine is just barely into profit after all these months, this is after some huge upswings in equity / balance.

trader

Yes I ran that D1 test for 6 months straight, first 4 months were very good, then it marked time for the next 2 months with fairly wild equity swings. I basket traded that EA on D1 for a bit during that time too, but it didn't really help much.

That's why I dropped down to H4. The results have been encouraging there but it's only been 2 months so far. I have a very minor tweak that I will roll in this weekend that I think will improve it.

Basically I think the overall strategy is solid, which is why I've stuck with it for so long. The strategy is also very simple and is based on Bob's "simplest trading system ever". There are however some pairs that are definitely not suited, some that are really suited and some that are so so. You need trendy pairs ofcourse like GBPs, EURJPY, stay away from pairs like AUDCAD (although it's had a good run lately), and I also stay away from any CHF pairs.
pandaboy
Trader

Post by pandaboy »

dclayw » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm wrote:Here's a test I've been running on H4 since 20 November last year. I shut this test down for 1 week over xmas so it's been running for 8 weeks now. Basket TP is 500 pips. No holding trades over the weekend, all trades are closed at 23:45 Friday nights. I'm also running the exact same test but with 250 pips basket TP, it's doing OK but not as well as this one.

A basket SL would kill this system for sure but I'm thinking that a basket break even might be beneficial, e.g once the basket reaches X pips then close the basket if it goes back to 0. APTM doesn't do this just yet.

@trader689, a while back you also posted that you were basket trading this EA on D1. How's that been going? I'd be interested to know how you are actually using the EA, if you've made your own mods etc. I've found that basket trading on H4 seems to give better overall results rather then D1. The runs are bigger on D1 ofcourse, but D1 also gives too much back.
Hi DClayw..
Nice results.. can you please share the EA version and the setfile please? Thanks in advance!

Pandaboy..
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Basically I think the overall strategy is solid, which is why I've stuck with it for so long. The strategy is also very simple and is based on Bob's "simplest trading system ever". There are however some pairs that are definitely not suited, some that are really suited and some that are so so. You need trendy pairs ofcourse like GBPs, EURJPY, stay away from pairs like AUDCAD (although it's had a good run lately), and I also stay away from any CHF pairs.
Do you have the full list of pairs you would trade? :good:
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

pandaboy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm wrote:
Hi DClayw..
Nice results.. can you please share the EA version and the setfile please? Thanks in advance!

Pandaboy..
PM sent.
dclayw
Trader

Post by dclayw »

c1borg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm wrote:
Do you have the full list of pairs you would trade? :good:
This shows the pairs for the test I posted on the previous page. It's been in draw down since start of last week. I'm running a small live test with the pairs below except AUDCAD, GBPCHF and USDCHF
untitled.PNG
There's not much point chopping pairs just because they didn't perform the past 2 months. I've found CHF pairs generally not good to trade and AUDCAD has performed poorly with every version of this EA I've tested, not surprising when you look at how non-trendy it is most of the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”