A trade trigger partner for Super Slope

Place your new trading idea here to see if someone can automate it.
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Xphoton,
xphoton » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:46 pm wrote:Hi guys,

I found another "dirty trick".
When reloading ma_bbands with default setting, sometimes some signals disappeared.It repaints.
The reason is that default parameter "MoveShift" is 12.When you load it, the arrows in the past combined MA from 12 bars after the arrows. But in realtime, you can't use MA from future.
If you don't want to see arrows repainted, set ""MoveShift" to 0. Looking is not so good as 12, but that's WYSIWYG. And it become more similar as FlyingBuddha. :smile:
Cheers,
Photon
I saw that the MoveShift setting was used to calculate the bands, but didn't think it through enough to realise that it would also cause historical arrows to move :(

Good spotting! :)

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
Check out my new, (well, old now), manual trade & automatic scale-in manager,
StackManV2
pacinvest
Trader

Post by pacinvest »

Hi Guys

After studying this Ma_bbands indy in the context of working with Slopey Ea's I am thinking we should put this idea on hold for now as there is so much in the Slopey Awesome family of Ea's to work with. Now that we are going to look at various triggers and stops with the new slick Slopey shell there will be some great strategies emerging. My original idea was that Ma_bbands could do what Flying Budda does to help entries and exits with SS but after the dirty tricks were taken out of the equation there is not such a big difference there in what they both do. I had hoped that the indy could also give us really accurate stops but if used in that way another problem is created with exiting in trends and then getting back into trend trades without getting murdered by flat PA and chop. I still think the idea I originally presented to avoid entering in chop in post 1 has some merit but may not be easy to code and would probably have problems with different market conditions or in other words maybe too clever for its own good. I will be focusing my test demo resources on Slopey ideas now and focus there and I have one Awesome set with SS and FB that I want to continue with.

A big thanks to Xphoton and Radar for dipping into the code here and quickly sorting out what was what with the indy. We may come back to this idea at some future point???
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Just a quickie here. I came across this thread by accident - completely missed it first time around.

It is a classic example of why we should view indicators not coded by the likes of Rene, Tomasso et al with the same sort of suspicion we would treat a pile of nuclear waste.

At least here you had the .mq4 source code so that Radar and xphoton could spot the 'dirty tricks'.

Anybody still willing to pay $99 for a commercial .ex4 only indi? :lol:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
macush
Trader

Post by macush »

Radar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:02 pm wrote:Hey Gang,

Here's a version of the indicator with the arrows placed at the bar that it was calculated on, rather than at the previous bar.

Use the original with the EA, or take "corrected" off the name of this one... The EA will get the correct signals from either one of them.

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
Hi Radar,
Thankyou,This is one of the best little Indi's I've seen, I changed the Std setting to 1.You being the gifted person you are would it be possible for a fellow Aussie in Geelong Vic to add alerts to it for the arrows.
Cheers mate. macush
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Macush,
macush » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 am wrote:
Hi Radar,
Thankyou,This is one of the best little Indi's I've seen, I changed the Std setting to 1.You being the gifted person you are would it be possible for a fellow Aussie in Geelong Vic to add alerts to it for the arrows.
Cheers mate. macush
If you're using the original version of the indie, rather than the corrected one, you have to ignore the historical arrows, as they are calculated for one bar, then placed on the previous bar to make them look like better signals. The only way to test it properly is to trade based on the most recent signal (<= 2 bars ago).

If I was to add alerts, it would be to the corrected version, though, as the original belongs in the bit-bucket.

Show me how you're using it; Show me that it's effective (screen-cap at entry, screen-cap at exit), and, if it's worthwhile, I'll add the alerts. Otherwise, I'd be working on something I have no faith in.

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
StackManV2
macush
Trader

Post by macush »

Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
[quote="Radar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm"]Hey Macush,

If you're using the original version of the indie, rather than the corrected one, you have to ignore the historical arrows, as they are calculated for one bar, then placed on the previous bar to make them look like better signals. The only way to test it properly is to trade based on the most recent signal (<= 2 bars ago).

If I was to add alerts, it would be to the corrected version, though, as the original belongs in the bit-bucket.

Show me how you're using it; Show me that it's effective (screen-cap at entry, screen-cap at exit), and, if it's worthwhile, I'll add the alerts. Otherwise, I'd be working on something I have no faith in.

Have fun!
Radar
Thanks Radar, firstly unfortunately I'm not yet using it because we have lived like frugal monks for 17 years since bin laden wiped us out.However if the universe ever smiles on us again I have studied and noticed that the "ma_bbands corrected" with Std setting changed to 1,gives a very good indication of when price has reached extremes and will probably reverse. So if I see a HGI, or a 3level2 ( thanks DigitalCrypto) or a Flying Budda outside the bands you can almost bet there is a reversal coming. Now sometimes it only travels to the other band and reverses again but other times it runs and runs. It does not matter what T/F you look at 5min or 4hr you will see this happening.But because I am still working just thought it would help to get a signal when price moves outside the bands to then have a closer look for one of the other signals, but if its time consuming and a pain dont worry I can just run with the other three signals.It doesnt have to CLOSE outside the bands ,it quite often spikes out and closes back inside.To play safe you could then exit on touching the opposite band,a HGI signal the other way or you could l just let it run. Let me know what you think,couple of eg's attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Radar
Trader

Post by Radar »

Hey Macush,

This indicator lies. Putting a circle around an arrow mid-chart tells us nothing about how effective it is on the hard right edge. That's why I asked for screen-caps at entry.

As for the hassle of coding the alerts, it's only ten lines of code. But, since the indicator lies, and I can't see that it's of any use, what's the point?

Show me that it works, and I'll show you how to add the alerts ;)

Have fun!
Radar =8^)
StackManV2
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have locked this thread and removed the indi from post 1.

No criticism of you intended pacinvest. Reading the latest posts here, I was under the mistaken impression that this was Macush's thread and was seriously incensed at his idiocy and did not notice whilst editing that it is your thread. Many apologies and send me a pm if you want me to replace Radar's updated version in post 1.

Mccush, you are a moron. Radar has explained to you why the Crap Custom Abortion you insist on continuing to use is rubbish. His post was neatly paragraphed, used short sentences and mostly one-syllable words. The only way he could have been clearer was to have been as rude to you as I am being now.

Do feel free to persist in using the ludicrous Crap Custom Abortion you place such idiotic faith in. Perhaps losing all your money will finally drag you kicking and screaming to your senses. Not sure you have any, so I doubt it.

The SHF ethos is this: stay quiet if you have nothing useful to say. You are a cretin with nothing useful to say. Attract my attention again and I will ban you.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Ideas for Possible Automation”