Holy Graily Bob 'n Thomas multi-pair and dashboard EA

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

hey all

i've been having good results with these settings - bishopdotun m30 +h1/h4/d1 - untill 2 weeks ago it suddenly stopped taking trades, global prime demo. have made sure to load latest version of the hgb'n thomas dash. no errors in experts tab. can someone please take a look at the settings and see if they can find anything that might be causing this?

thanks, trader
HGBnT-M30-H1-H4-D1 bishopdotun mod.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

great results Steve! this is a special bot for sure

:party:
SteveHopwood » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:Results last week on my Global Prime live account:

All three HTF SS must align and my basket TP is $30, so these results represent two basket closures.

:xm: :rocket:
wallywonka
Trader

Post by wallywonka »

trader689 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 pm wrote:hey all

i've been having good results with these settings
Nothing wrong with the settings or the EA..I suggest you check your log files and look for any possible errors.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1h is in post 1. It is the experimental version renamed. It has the code required to allow us to send our results to the SHF tester database.

Set WriteFileForTestDatabase to 'true', then follow Thomas' instructions at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 44#p159644

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

I havent attached a report to this post. Instead from now on you can always have a look at the database in realtime here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The results are normalized to 1 Lot. So "ø Profit/Lot/Day" of 1000 would mean an average profit profit of $10 each day had you traded 0.01 lots.

Have fun.

:rocket:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Letsarb

Post by Letsarb »

Hi everybody,

I have still a few trades that are closed although I have only specified a Equitytargetclosure.

These trades are closed only in negative values, this is why I thought I missed something in the parameters.
I looked for an eventual mistake, I did not find anything.
Finally I looked at the code, Steve or someone else could confirm if I am wrong :

The 2 following lines seem suspicious to me :

//All higher frames are wrong
if (HtfAlignmentStatus[PairIndex] == tradableshort)
CloseThisTrade = true;

if (HtfAlignmentStatus[PairIndex] == tradablelong)
CloseThisTrade = true;

If I well understand, they mean that as soon as the Highertimeframe are aligned in the opposed direction, the trade has to be closed. There is no other conditions and nothing in the parameters that would allow to deactivate this thing.

I think it could explain these closed trades. Do not hesitate to delete my message if I am totally wrong .

Cheers

Letsarb
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Letsarb » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:52 pm wrote:Hi everybody,

I have still a few trades that are closed although I have only specified a Equitytargetclosure.

These trades are closed only in negative values, this is why I thought I missed something in the parameters.
I looked for an eventual mistake, I did not find anything.
Finally I looked at the code, Steve or someone else could confirm if I am wrong :

The 2 following lines seem suspicious to me :

if (HtfAlignmentStatus[PairIndex] == tradableshort)
CloseThisTrade = true;

if (HtfAlignmentStatus[PairIndex] == tradablelong)
CloseThisTrade = true;

If I well understand, they mean that as soon as the Highertimeframe are aligned in the opposed direction, the trade has to be closed. There is no other conditions and nothing in the parameters that would allow to deactivate this thing.

I think it could explain these closed trades. Do not hesitate to delete my message if I am totally wrong .

Cheers

Letsarb
Your post is mostly nonsense. Please do not continue to post nonsense here. I do not really mean, "Please". It is an instruction.

From what little sense I can make of your idiotic question, then the answer is, "Yes". That seems blindingly obvious to me.

Do not continue this discussion. You will not enjoy my response.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Letsarb

Post by Letsarb »

Nice to hear from you Steve, and thanks for the nice answer !

This week was pretty well too, not so good as last week but for sure still efficient . :party:

:rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodlands
Trader

Post by woodlands »

HGBnT from 09/03/2018 on a micro account so big spreads but :yahoo:
HGBnT_1e.png
Thanks Steve and Thomas :hi:
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Here is a pic to encourage those of you trading tiny starter accounts:
XAUUSDH4.png
This is a tiny Global Prime live account. In round figures, the account started last week with a balance of $299 and finished with $331. This was trading with all the higher time frame HGI enabled and a basket take profit of $2.50, so the profit represents c. 12 closed baskets. Lots of tiny profits eventually accumulate. I have uploaded the set file to enable you guys to try it for yourselves.

SHF members who read my posts know that I am not a fan of publishing set files. You will not replicate the results unless your broker is Global Prime (http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =52&t=1394 and http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =52&t=1475).

You may not replicate them even if you are a GP client. Next week could be completely different. Who knows?

Time to repeat my mantra, with an addition:
  • Able to open a Global Prime account and still have not done so? You are an idiot. Open one immediately.
  • Only ever trade with funds you can afford to lose. Not wanting to lose them is natural, but assume they are gone the moment you start live trading.
  • Never borrow money to start a trading account. Save up for it if you cannot immediately afford the initial deposit.
  • If you are successful, double the account balance with all trades closed then withdraw the original deposit. That way you are really are playing with money that you can afford to lose.
A quiet week on my main live account with no baskets closed. The open position is 34 trades at -148 at the close on Friday - and that is a substantial improvement on where it had been from time to time. We shall see what next week brings.

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”