Wavegarrick's HGI Trading

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys just a little bit of give back.

INTRODUCTION:

Many thanks to Steve Hopwood and Milanese for creating this thread for us and allowing me to continue my work learned over the years from my mentor and role model - Nanningbob. A saying from Bob that always sticks in my mind "Trade to trade another day" :) .

UPDATE 18/10/2021
I have reduced the number of pairs to trade with tweaks to my system. My focus has been on exits with various combinations tested. I have updated the indicators, set files, templates, and Expert files needed below (Step 3 to Step 5).
UPDATE 21/07/2020 My chart template.
You need the following indicators from my list of indicators below. (DWMpivots, Wyatt's pivots, stochastics color mtf, solar winds Joy, Hgi_v16.09, #Mtf Rsi, step Ehlers optimal tracking filter, sixths sq mod1.2, xSupertrend histogram, 10.6 SSG 100.50)
This is the chart template I tweak my settings from for TDesk.
Wave Template 46.tpl
UPDATE 21/04/2020
I have set up a step by step guide to follow with my system.

Step 1:
Ensure you have Thomas's latest TDesk version 7.41 downloaded. Go to http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 106&t=5522 on page 1 first post and download all the attachments and ensure you put them in all the correct folders experts, include and script folders.
Once you have done that you can open TDesk version 7.41 in a blank XAUUSD chart and load my preset:
TDesk Master - v 7.41.set
Step 2:
Go to http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 106&t=5654 and download all the UBD files from post 2 and ensure you put them in all the correct folders on our system, indicators, and library folders.
Go to http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 106&t=5654 and download all the USD files from post 3 and ensure you put them in all the correct folders on our system, indicators, and library folders. At the bottom of post 3 read the section about HGI library and ensure you download from the HGI thread the HGI Library hgi_lib.ex4

Step 3:

Download the following indicators and place in your indicator file:
OBV2.01_mtf+alerts.mq4
Solar Winds joy.mq4
Stochastic color mtf med.mq4
xSuperTrend histogram.mq4
SlopyBuffers.mq4
Download the following expert and place it in your expert file:
Sharky.mq4
Sharky.ex4
Step 4:

Open another blank XAUUSD chart and open the Sharky Ea from your experts' folder. You are ready to load my Sharky set.
Sharky V1q.set
On the same chart open your indicator "TDesk Universal Buffers Drone". Once you have done that you are ready to upload my set file:

Repeat as above and load the following presets on the same chart:
UBD-xSuperTrend histogram.set
UBD-OBV.set
UBD-Stoch col Med.set
UBD-SolarWinds.set
UBD-SS.set
Step 5:

Open another blank XAUUSD chart and open your indicator "TDesk Universal Signals Drone". Once you have done that you are ready to upload my set file: Take note: Hgi reads off the library file and not the HGI indicator for a lighter Cpu footprint.
USD-HGI.set
For those of you that have been around long enough will know that if you have downloaded all the indicators and expert above you simply have to download my templates and it will pick up all the manual procedures described above, so for the more experienced you can simply download the attached templates. If you cannot get it right you will have to follow my above steps, unfortunately:
TDesk v 7.41e - 23072021.tpl
UBD 1e -23072021.tpl
UBD 2e -23072021.tpl
Lastly, ensure that you have history downloaded for all your charts on different time frames else your system will not work properly.viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6103
A screen shot of what your TDesk should look like:
Screenshot_1342.png
Screen shots of your Desky and UBD and USD templates:
Screenshot_1343.png
Screenshot_1344.png
This is all you need for my system and where we are at, nothing else. Do your own due diligence and test properly before you ever contemplate going live.

Cheers
Leon

I have left a list of indicators that I use below, but not needed for the above system:
10.6 SSG 100.50.mq4
10.9_3.27STO7D1_wTS_ HT ALERT.ex4
10.9_3.27STO7D1_wTS_ HT ALERT.mq4
Baluda.SuperSlope.v.2.2.mq4
#MTF_RSI.mq4
Stochastic color mtf.ex4
Stochastic color mtf.mq4
STO7_D1_MA_TREND.mq4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milanese
TechAdmin

Post by milanese »

Hi Guys,

Update 03/04/2019 - TDesk fully automated:

As promised I enclose my latest tweaks and enhancements for running TDesk with my system. For newcomers you are lucky :) . This is a full system. All you do is upload all the indicators, templates, Ea and set files and Voila you are ready to go. Anyway I am happy to share, as this is the least I can do for SHF. At least I have a quick and easy place to come back should I have a computer crash again :smile:

If you want Your chart to look exactly the same as mine you need to down load all the indicators listed below:
10.6 SSG 100.50.mq4
Candle Time & Spread.mq4
DWMPivots.mq4
HGI_v16.09.ex4
pipsometer_decimal_edit_2.mq4
SIXTHS SQ_mod1.2.mq4
Wyatt's Pivots 20150517.mq4
Yearly_Pivots.mq4
Indicators that are a must have for the TDesk calculation:
MTF HGI Bars TD V2.mq4
STOCH7 SMA LWMA Mod TD V2.mq4
Peak HiLo indicator.mq4
Peak HiLo indicator_(inc.halfway).mq4
Pivots TD 1Hr.mq4
Pivots TD 4Hr.mq4
Pivots TD 15 Min.mq4
Pivots TD Daily.mq4
Pivots TD Weekly.mq4
RSI Cross TD V2.mq4
Jagz Eax Pin indicator needed for Tdesk calculation:
JagzFX_EAX_MUX_v1_03.ex4
JagzFX_EAX_SCALP_v1_00.ex4
Templates:
TDesk v 6.1.tpl
TDesk - Trade Chart v 6.1.tpl
Jagz Eax Pin.tpl
Library folder:
hgi_lib.ex4
Include Folder
You need to download the latest Tdesk and TDesk signals Mqh files from Thomas's thread http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 106&t=5522
TDesk Trading Partner Ea:
You will find the latest version 3g version here in Steve's thread http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 106&t=5545

Presets:
I am running 3 of Steve's trading drone ea's so you will have 3 charts open with Steve's trading drone and all feed off the TDesk master.
Magic number 20: Close on opposite with a rolling grid of 3 trades.
TDesk Trading partner20.set
Magic number 21: Basket 25 pip take profit set.
TDesk Trading partner21.set
Magic number 22: Basket 50 pip profit set.
TDesk Trading partner22.set
TDesk Master - v 6.1.set
PS. LittleCaro has kindly put all the above indicators, templates set files together in a zipfile. If you have any problems with my sets please refer to the zipfile. Thanks for this
Wavegarrick HGI auto.zip

This is the whole package and where I am at. I will give explanations and examples in due course. This is by no means the end product and please feel free to let us in on your tests and do post your results. Improvements are welcome but I would like to see your forward test results first.

Enjoy

Cheers
Leon

Thanks, Leon this is for sure useful for many users!

Cheers :)

Tommaso
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGI

Post by SteveHopwood »

I agree with Tommaso. Your post is already added to my wrup to go out soon. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
Yannis
Trader

HGI

Post by Yannis »

I have tried this method now for the past year in my manual trading and it is yielding positive results.

I have attached a template and all the indicators that I am currently using. It is a mix of all the things I have learnt from Nanningbob plus a few spices of my own. This is very much using 10.9 and hgi and stochs together.

Take note, you will have to use my template and the indicators attached if you do not have them allready to see the same picture as me.
Thank you very much Leon.
meck1

HGI

Post by meck1 »

Thanks Leon, the notification got me cracking tho :lol: thanks again :hi:
Look after your losses and your profits will take care of themselves
Viv
Trader

HGI

Post by Viv »

Thank you Leon :hi:
lwtrade
Trader

HGI

Post by lwtrade »

Wavegarrick » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 pm wrote: If the stochs cross over you enter on and Hgi trend signal on the hourly time frame in the same direction. If you get an Hgi trend signal in the opposite direction of stochs it is not valid as per my attached chart. Always look at the 4 hour stochs crossover timeframe to confirm your hourly time frame.
Thanks, Leon. Ha new week, something new to play with! This is great, and also that you are finding success with it!

I know your gonna post more info but just clarifying in my head...

Are you running 1 buy/sell per crossover? or keep adding as per new HGI signals?
I know it is probably signal, but do you open on signal, or candle close (if signal still exists)?
So 4hr and 1hr stochs have to agree before an entry?
Do you use opp. crossover, yellow wavy, or both for exit conditions?
How mechanical do you feel this is? ie do you use your discretion at any stage?
Are you only trading the 1hr chart? What session are you trading then?

Just to re-frame your explanation to make sure I understand it... if the 4hr and 1hr stochs agree, then wait for a directionally agreeing HGI Trend signal to buy/sell. Does that sound right so far?

Can't wait to give it a go!

:) LW
fx800
Trader

HGI

Post by fx800 »

Wavegarrick » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 pm wrote:Hi Guys just a little bit of give back.

I have tried this method now for the past year in my manual trading and it is yielding positive results.

I have attached a template and all the indicators that I am currently using. It is a mix of all the things I have learnt from Nanningbob plus a few spices of my own. This is very much using 10.9 and hgi and stochs together.

Take note, you will have to use my template and the indicators attached if you do not have them allready to see the same picture as me.

So here goes:

The methodology is very simple. If the stochs cross over you enter on and Hgi trend signal on the hourly time frame in the same direction. If you get an Hgi trend signal in the opposite direction of stochs it is not valid as per my attached chart. Always look at the 4 hour stochs crossover timeframe to confirm your hourly time frame.

I will post examples as I go along.

Please ask if not clear,

Cheers
Leon
Hi Leon,

Thanks for sharing your method of trading HGI. I had a look at the stoch7 setting as per your chart and it would seem the stoch7 time frame is 1440 ?

Thanks again.
peter
Wavegarrick
Trader

HGI

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words.

I will respond to all the questions so far, a bit later.

Cheers
Leon
Barcode
Trader

HGI

Post by Barcode »

One more question Leon :D

Have you tried this on higher time-frames 4hr/Daily and Daily/Monthly?

Tia
Bob
The 10 most powerful 2 letter words in the world.

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”