TDesk, Super Slope TD and XY42

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I am putting this here rather than in the TDesk setups exchange so that we can possibly develop a trading method that can be moved there.

There has been a perfect combination of:
  • My ever-growing faith in Baluda's Super Slope.
  • The arrival of TDesk. Wow, but has that revolutionised manual trading, or what?
  • A 'private' trading aid EA commissioned by zennor.
Here is the trading method I have been developing and am now trading it live:
  • Super Slope on the D1, H4 and H1:
    • All three must agree on a trading direction.
      • They must be >= 1 to buy.
      • They must be <= -1 to sell.
  • TDesk must be showing a multi-signal of >= 50 f0r a buy and <= -50 for a sell.
  • Peaky must agree. I find that trading only when H4 Peaky agrees is the most successful. "Peaky" is the attached Peak HiLo indicator attached. There is a user guide available at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 46#p161246 if Peaky is new to you.
  • Trade the M15 charts for the trade trigger.
I apply the relevant XY42 EA when all these conditions are met. This is the EA I coded for zennor - no idea why the name as it was his choice.

There are more details in the User Guide, but here is a brief description of what the EA does:
  • Imagining a buying scenario, zennor wanted these trading aids to:
    • Be applied when he had decided on the trading direction.
    • Send trades as and when appropriate. There are two styles:
      • “Regular” trades to be sent after x consecutive rising candles.
      • “Pull back” buy trades after the market had fallen for x candles – i.e. “buying the pull back".
    • Add new trades every time x candles had moved in the desired direction.
I am trading the M15 charts.

TDesk shows me the signals, so I go to the chart and apply the relevant XY42. I am trading this live on two accounts:
  • 0.03 lots on my main account, dealing with the DD left behind by Peaky during the summer. The individual pair basket tp is $100.
  • 0.01 lots on a second account account, with a starting balance of $1,000. The individual pair basket tp is $100.
There is a post describing my experience up until 3rd November 2018 at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 88#p164688

You will need: Apply the TDesk.tpl template to a XAUUSD chart. Open a different chart and apply the XY42.tpl. Read the details in the XY42 User Guide. Have some fun.

It does not matter what times you trade as SuperSlope gives you a clear indication of how tradable a pair is. I tried shutting down for the evening as an experiment but found it unnecessary - a few such experiments meant I restarted the demo several times. Here is the result of where I am from just two days last week:
One day.png
TDesk is the genius development that makes all this possible - it takes about 5 minutes to set load up the relevant EA's, then I walk away.

Have a play and see what you think, folks.

:xm: :rocket:

Edit 21st October 2018:
I have used this system to deal with Slopey Peaky Bob's DD across two live accounts. I have been trading it on a third: here are the results from two weeks:
XAUUSDH1.png
Edit 3rd November 2018:
I continued trading this way throughout Desky's development - in fact I coded some of Desky's features to mirror what I am doing here. Pairs can and do go against me. Here is what I do about that:
  • Leave the trades alone so long as the D1 SS is still in their favour i.e.
    • D1 SS is positive: leave buys open.
    • D1 SS is negative: leave sells open.
  • It is amazing how often the pairs return and all three SS timeframes come back into alignment.
The downside of this is that a pair will be deep into DD by the time TDesk generates an opposite direction signal. Imagining a scenario where there are buys open and TDesk generates a sell signal, here is what I do:
  • Remove XY42.
  • Open a sell trade to the full size of the open buys. From here, 1 of 3 things will happen:
    • The market will grunge around going nowhere for ages and costing me a fortune in swap.
    • The market continues to fall so the hedge trade becomes increasingly profitable. The hope is that when the market turns around again and TDesk generates a fresh buy signal, I can close the sell, bank the profits and watch the DD on the buys diminish.
    • Instead, the market turns around again, and rises. DD on the buys drops and the sell hedge becomes an increasing liability. The hope here is that a future TDesk sell signal will come when those buys are profitable, they can be closed and I can watch the sells DD drop.
The hedging stuff is a bit theoretical as I only have one hedged pair and it is one of those grunging around scenarios. :arrrg: Hey ho; we shall see how this develops. I am hoping soon to let Desky take all this over but I am not yet satisfied that he has no more coding bloops to surprise is with.

Edit 18th November 2018
I am getting great results basket trading with a basket take profit of $25 per 0.01 lots traded.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I had the wrong template in post 1. Sorry about that folks; it should be correct now.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

Bruster400
Trader

Post by Bruster400 »

Steve,

Very interesting entry EA. Similar to stop and limit grids but I'm keen to see how the entries turn out. However, I have it on demo and it's throwing up a 130 error when I ask it to put in a safety stoploss of 100 pips. (using StopLossPips set to 100).

I know this is a tried and tested shell so just checking.... is it just me?

Bruster
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

Bruster400 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:54 pm wrote:Steve,

Very interesting entry EA. Similar to stop and limit grids but I'm keen to see how the entries turn out. However, I have it on demo and it's throwing up a 130 error when I ask it to put in a safety stoploss of 100 pips. (using StopLossPips set to 100).

I know this is a tried and tested shell so just checking.... is it just me?

Bruster
Try going to CalculateStopLoss() and try NormalizsDouble ing the stop loss calculation stop = price - (StopLoss / factor);

renegade
Trader

Post by renegade »

Hey Steve! I have been mia for awhile and wanting to thank you and Thomas for all your hard work! I have just set this up and am as excited as a kid on Xmas. And this Desky expert is something I have been looking for forever. Mind sharing your settings?? Have a great weekend!
:good:
Last edited by renegade on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

renegade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:45 pm wrote:Hey Steve! I have been mia for awhile and wanting to thank you and Thomas for all your hard work! I have just set this up and am as excited as a kid on Xmas. And this xy42 expert is something I have been looking for forever. Mind sharing your settings?? Have a great weekend!
My settings are in the defaults - the advantage of being the coder.

Right now I am busy with Desky, but some time soon will produce an indi that replicates the candle patterns needed by XY42. Then we will be able to trade all this automatically.

c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Initally had some losses but now profits heading north :yahoo:
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have automated this. It shows how easy it is to think of a trading system that uses the drone indicators and then automate it without adding a single line of code to anything at all.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have developed my trading plan - details in, "Edit 3rd November 2018:".

Managing my way out of Peaky's draw down is taking a while, but it is happening slowly. Here are two baskets that closed last week:
Mine.png
Here is progress on a starter account beginning with a deposit of $1,000:
PJ.png
I could be about to test out my hedging theories as I have GBPxxx pairs in DD but we shall see. The D1 SS is turning out to be mighty powerful and is still in the right direction. I have a hedged pair - NZDJPY - and here is how it looks:
NZDJPYM15.png
I might start buying again if the H4 and H1 go over 1. Not sure yet.

All this is possible because of TDesk. Thanks Thomas. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Manual trading systems”