Breakout Hull Gadi Strategy

SarahS1977

Post by SarahS1977 »

Hi,

Thank you all for such a wonderful site and friendly welcome. I have learnt so much already from such a small amount of time being here. As I have gained so much from all your experience I thought I would give something back. I have been trading this strategy since January and made consistent profits, taking a £1,000 account to £2,800 with very little risk and practically no draw down. So far it has a 73% winning rate which I hope to improve further with the recently added indicators from here, even another 1 or 2% would make a huge difference to the bottom line.

I have just moved my account to Global Prime so have not been able to trade for a few days as the transfer takes place. This has given me some much needed spare time in which to tweak my original settings and get used to the car crash that is Empty-Crappy-PileO'Pants-4. The switch from TradeStation really has been every shade of awful. However, it has given me a great opportunity to really explore this site and into my original system I have now included:

- Pip Masher Indicator (Who doesn't want to know where Friday is? I know it does more but will explore later)
- Milanese Market Info (Knowledge is power)
- MN Show Profit Alerts (It keeps disappearing but nice to know profit/loss in pips)
- A 60 & 240 LW Moving Average (If Bob likes it then I'm all over it like a rash)
- HGI (Well it is the Holy Grail)
- Sixths SQ (It is incredible how this is respected by price)

This is added to my original indicator list:
- ATR Value
- Spread Lines
- Round Numbers
- Fractals
- MACD_Mirror
- Gadi_OBV with 10 EMA
- All Hull MA Hitogram (Period 5, period 200 and 8 period on daily chart)
- RSI Starc

The strategy is fairly simple:
I load up all the charts, however, I usually only ever end up trading any GBP, EUR or USD pairs.
This is at 9am (after the school run) and avoid the early false breakouts.
I now wait until Gadi breaks out of it's channel. If it is in line with the Hull MA's and MACD Mirror I place a trade.
Stop loss is set at 1.5 ATR and first take profit at ATR. I then move SL to break even and let the other half of the trade ride with a jumping ATR stop loss. This was easy on TradeStation but I just can't seem to get this right on Empty4. I have downloaded Steve's excellent MPTM but just can't get my head around learning it at the moment. I have read the instructions several times but it's just not sinking in. In the future I might be putting my hand in my pocket to have it simplified and more ATR friendly.

I have been trading this on Empty4 for a few days now and I have found that I can get early confirmations with HGI and this gives me greater confidence. I found that a lot of my previous losses came when I was trading into a solid zone and I am hoping that the Sixths indicator will help eliminate some of these, I will still trade above/below the white middle like but not over/under the yellow.

I have found, in general, the breakouts have been in line with the 60/240 LWMA so along with the HGI this has increased my confidence substantially.

I have attached a picture with the trade I took this morning. Very straight forward, Gadi broke above the 10MA at 10am, HMA were all blue (buy), RSI broke the middle starc band, MACD Mirror crossed and to top it all off HGI gave me a nice blue wave. ATR was 13 pips so I took 1/2 profit then but instead of a jumping ATR I cashed in 34 pips when price hit the top blue 6ths line. There were a couple of other trades I could have taken but I am only trading on a demo account so decided to carry on my education instead of trading. I would usually wait for Gadi to break above the 'zone' but everything was pointing in the right direction so may as well grab some extra pippage.

This is my first ever attempt at trying to explain what I do and how I do it to someone else and it probably make no sense at all. I think I have too many indicators and could probably ditch the RSI but every now and then it does keep me out of a losing trade and I feel it is as important to not lose as it is to win.

As far as money management is concerned I risk 2% of my balance on every trade and I have not taken any money out of the account yet. My plan is to build it up to a balance of £20,000 (ambitious) and then take out a regular wage. This may not happen but what I like about this strategy is I am in and out the market and 'banking' pips very quickly before news is released that could send things squiffy. I stated to learn how to trade because I want to be financially independent with something that could fit around my daughter and so far so good. I do genuinely believe that finding this site was the best thing that has happened to me in trading.

Many, many thanks,
S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

SarahS1977 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm wrote:This is my first ever attempt at trying to explain what I do and how I do it to someone else and it probably make no sense at all.
Dead right. Not a hint of sense.
I think I have too many indicators and could probably ditch the RSI but every now and then it does keep me out of a losing trade and I feel it is as important to not lose as it is to win.
Gosh. Really? I bow down before someone who clearly knows more than those of us who have been doing this stuff for over a decade.
As far as money management is concerned I risk 2% of my balance on every trade
Bonkers. You are an idiot.
I do genuinely believe that finding this site was the best thing that has happened to me in trading.
The only intelligent thing you have written so far.

Shut up Sarah until you have learned some of the invaluable lessons available to you at SHF. Continue down your path of self-destruction and I will remove your ability to post at all.

This thread is locked for the protection of similarly deluded members who might otherwise be tempted to waste time here.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Manual trading systems”