TDesk Universal Drones

tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by tomele »

This thread is about the TDesk Universal Drones

Universal Drones are "Swiss knifes" acting as interfaces between TDesk and conventional indicators. They don't draw anything in any chart, but show some status lines to let you know how they understood your commands. They can read the output of other indicators and then send signals to TDesk. They eliminate the need to code a drone for each indicator popping up. You just have to enter some inputs to tell the Universal Drone details about the respective indicator and the rules to apply and there you go ...

There are four basic types of indicators. Each of them requires a different Universal Drone:

(1) Indicators that use buffers (explained below) to draw lines or histograms in the main chart or a subchart. I estimate that 90 percent of all indicators belong to that group. Nearly all built-in indicators like MACD, Stochastics, Moving Averages and most custom indicators like SuperSlope belong to this group. UBD (Universal Buffers Drone) is in charge of indicators in this group. Due to the nature of things, UBD can be multi-pair and multi-timeframe and needs to run in only one instance. The indicators themselves are not needed to be running.

(2) Indicators that use buffers (explained below) to draw solitary symbols in the main chart or a subchart as entry and exit signals. HGI is an example for this type of indicators. USD (Universal Signals Drone) is the interface for indicators of this type. USD also is multi-pair and multi-timeframe and needs to run in only one instance. The indicators themselves are not needed to be running.

(3) Indicators that don't use buffers, but draw graphical objects in the main chart or a subchart indicating different states or entry and exit points. HGI MTF Bars is an example of this type. UOD (Universal Objects Drone) is planned to take care for the indicators of this type. This part of the project needs further thoughts and tests.

(4) Indicators that don't use buffers, but draw lines or boxes to indicate support/resistance zones. Fibonacci levels, Pivot points, Round numbers belong to this group. ULD (Universal Levels Drone) is planned for indicators of this type. This part of the project also needs further thoughts and tests.

Usage instructions can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5655

The downloadable drones can be found in the following topics.

Indicators and matching set files shall be posted in this thread.

Have fun. I do.

Cheers
Thomas

:rocket:
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Buffers Drone

Post by tomele »

This topic holds information about the TDesk Universal Buffers Drone

UBD is the interface to nearly all indicators that use buffers to draw lines or histograms in the main chart or a subchart. I estimate that 90 percent of all indicators belong to that group. Nearly all built-in indicators like MACD, Stochastics, Moving Averages and most custom indicators like SuperSlope belong to this group. UBD is multi-pair and multi-timeframe and needs to run in only one instance. The indicators themselves are not needed to be running.

All usage information for UBD can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5655

Update Notes

2019-04-21 Version 1.3

The default for IgnoreOpenCandles is now TRUE.

The smoothing inputs have moved from the indicator sections down to the condition sections. Now each operand has its own smoothing option. We can compare two different indi buffer averages now.

There are more options like "None", "Unused", "Void" in the enumerations. Use them to make settings better understandable by indicating which inputs are used and which are not.

Many plausibility checks got added. If your inputs are unlogical, UBD will tell you the reason and then exit. So best practice will be to save freshly entered settings before you hit the OK button. Otherwise you might have to enter everything again.

2019-04-22 Version 1.4

Added another "plugin" that allows to use built-in indicators (which was not possible before). The additions should have no effect on your set files. But better save them before updating.

2019-04-27 Version 1.5

There are now 6 fields at the end of the input section that allow developers to note which settings have to be added to the "UBD Custom Parameters" and "UBD Builtin Indicators" plugins to make each setting work correctly.

The "UBD Builtin Indicators" plugin code got improved. And Ben has kindly added a list of all built-in indicators and their parameters as a reference.

2019-05-04 Version 1.6

Each of the two indicators now has an input for its "empty value" and the empty value can now be selected as operand in the conditions. The respective code solves a problem when using "greater" as operator for an indicator which has empty values (because the standard empty value is always greater than everyting else).

There are now 3 additional comment fields at the end of the inputs section.

2019-05-08 Version 1.7

Fixed some screen output bloops.

2019-06-16 Version 2.1

Two new operators got added: CrossUp and CrossDown, which give a directional signal for exactly one bar when two operands cross in a certain direction.

A new operand got added: ConstantValueRange. You can now define a range by upper and lower border and use it as operand.

A new input got added: SignalMaxAgeBars, which limits the lifetime of directional signals sent to TDesk. After the specified number of bars the signal flips back to FLAT.

The possible operands on both sides of the conditions have changed to a more logical structure. While only 3 operands are left on the left sides, now there are 6 operands on the right sides.

2019-09-24 Version 2.3

Inputs for symbol prefix and suffix got added.

2020-12-31 Version 3.1

The method for trading instruments specification has changed and is now identical to that of TDesk 7. The expiry date has been changed to 2022-01-01.

Have fun. I do.

Cheers
Thomas

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(Mark Twain)

tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Symbols Drone

Post by tomele »

This topic holds information about the TDesk Universal Signals Drone

USD is the interface to nearly all indicators that use buffers to draw solitary symbols in the main chart or a subchart as entry and exit signals. HGI is an example for this type of indicators. USD is multi-pair and multi-timeframe and needs to run in only one instance. The indicators themselves are not needed to be running.

All usage information for USD can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5655

Update Notes

2019-06-16 Version 2.1

A new operand got added: ConstantValueList. You can now define a comma-separated list of values and use it as operand.

A new input got added: SignalMaxAgeBars, which limits the lifetime of directional signals sent to TDesk. After the specified number of bars the signal flips back to FLAT.

The logic of input Indicator_MaxAgeBars got improved: This is used if you want two or more indicator signals to appear within a given number of bars to create a valid output signal.

2019-07-08 Version 2.2

The built-in HGI code didn't work as it should and got corrected.

2019-09-24 Version 2.3

Inputs for symbol prefix and suffix got added.

2020-12-31 Version 3.1

The method for trading instruments specification has changed and is now identical to that of TDesk 7. The expiry date has been changed to 2022-01-01.

Prerequisites

HGI Library hgi_lib.ex4
This is mandatory and goes into your \Libraries folder. Download it from the HGI thread.

Have fun. I do.

Cheers
Thomas

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(Mark Twain)

tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Objects Drone

Post by tomele »

This topic holds information about the TDesk Universal Objects Drone

No information available yet.

(Mark Twain)

tomele
Administrator

TDesk Universal Levels Drone

Post by tomele »

This topic holds information about the TDesk Universal Levels Drone

No information available yet.

(Mark Twain)

bodavid
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones Examples

Post by bodavid »

This topic holds indicators and setfiles for TDesk Universal Drones

Ben is the new "Master at Arms" for the drones setfiles. He will create, collect and index settings for many indicators here. Many thanks, Ben.

Thank you, Thomas! I will do my best...

You are welcome with wishes for indicators to add. But I think it is a good idea to learn to do it yourself as it gives you freedom to make changes to your setups very quickly without waiting for response. When you make setfiles by your own, please share them in this thread so we can grow the library as fast as possible.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Ben

UBD - TDesk Universal Buffers Drone

Here are some examples how to use UBD. The indicators were submitted to me by TDesk Whispers members to challenge my code. Thanks a lot, my friends. The .mq4 files go into the \Indicators folder and the .set files go into the \Presets folder.
i-BandsPrice.mq4
UBD i-BandsPrice.set
OBV2.01_mtf+alerts.mq4
UBD OBV2.01_mtf+alerts.set
HMA Histo 1.01 (mtf + alerts + lines).mq4
UBD HMA Histo 1.01 (mtf + alerts + lines).set
Below are some examples of how to use the builtin functions with UBD setfiles. "TDesk UBD Builtin Indicators.mq4" goes into the "Libraries folder" and the setfiles go into the "Presets folder".
UBD iMA.set
UBD iMACD.set
UBD iRSI.set
UBD iStochCross.set
UBD iStochLevel.set
UBD iCCI.set
TDesk UBD Builtin Indicators.mq4
Below is a list of some important indicators optimized for use with UBD.

PeakyBuffers based on Steve's PeakHiLo indicator
SlopyBuffers based on Baluda's SuperSlope indicator
More will follow...

Below is a growing list of links to all the creative UBD contributions by SHF members.

100pipstodayscalper by wallywonka
ADR 1 MOD28 by wallywonka
Advanced_adx2 by bodavid
aoac histo (mtf + alerts + arrows + text) by wallywonka
Beast Super Signal by opita
Center of Gravity by wallywonka
Daily Open Line by Wavegarrick
FractalBreakout by wallywonka
GannHiLo TD V2 by wallywonka
HalfTrend by rahmatfx
Mega by wallywonka
OsMA by wallywonka
PeakyBuffers TopBottom by MihxUp
precision trend on averages 1.2 (alerts) by Wavegarrick
PSAR by opita
ROC by taipan/wallywonka
Roc2 smoothed mtf by taipan/wallywonka
RSIBars by rahmatfx
RSI_Bars_Histo by rahmatfx
Semafor_Histogram_v1.02 by opita
smFisherTransform3_impr by bodavid
Smoothed_RSI_EhlersIFT by pacinvest
smTMAcentered-TwoMAs-MACD by opita
SMT_Red_Green_Bars by wallywonka
Solar Winds joy by wallywonka
step ehlers - optimal tracking filter (alerts) by wallywonka
Stochastic_GRAALUn by wallywonka
Stochastic color mtf by taipan/bodavid
Super_Indicator by opita
Super smoothed average trend 1.2 by opita
Support and Resistance by wallywonka
Swing_ZZ by bodavid
Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator by wallywonka
TDI-RT-Clone TD by wallywonka
TMA-Bands-Arrow-v2-TD by lemur6666
TMA_Centered_H1_V2_VS by wallywonka
TMA+CG mladen by pacinvest
TMA+CG mladen NRP Histogram by opita
xSuperTrend histogram by taipan

USD - TDesk Universal Signals Drone

Here are some examples how to use USD. The first is an example for using HGI via iCustom calls, the second is one for using HGI via library calls. See Remarks on using HGI with USD.
USD HGI-v16.09.set
USD HGI.set
Below is a growing list of links to all the creative USD contributions by SHF members.

NINJA by wallywonka
Oracle-direction by wallywonka
ZeroLag MACD Signals USD by lemur6666

Last edited by bodavid on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:18 am, edited 36 times in total.
pacinvest
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by pacinvest »

This is staggering stuff Thomas, another big door opens. I am beginning my homework this weekend. On first read, it seems really clear. Good for us non-coder traders to get a better grip on buffers and signal generation via this approach. Appreciate you efforts Thomas cheers vince
Dragonian
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by Dragonian »

Thank you Thomas, excellent stuff. :hi:
TTFN

Bill
vsmakkal
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by vsmakkal »

Wow, Thomas.. Simply staggering stuff.. You are changing the Indi/EA landscape forever with these revolutionary ideas and faultless execution.. Thank you for your astounding efforts and your willingness to share.. Thank you!!

Sara
Wavegarrick
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by Wavegarrick »

Many thanks for this Thomas. I have just made my first TDesk compatible indi ever. :yahoo:

Daily open line. Well it can be set to whatever time frame and will signal a buy if current price is higher than the previous candle close and vice versa lower for a sell. I have checked the signals on TDesk to the charts and all look correct.

Let me know if I am missing anything.

Cheers
Leon

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”