New Zealand Brokers?

SilverTrader
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by SilverTrader »

Hi Folks
Currently trade with GP out of the UK, but moving to New Zealand for 3 years in the near future and am not allowed to trade with GP as a resident in NZ with a NZ bank account.

Please could a few of you NZ folks chip in with comments and suggestions for decent brokers in NZ?
I am not a large trader on Empty4, I trade about £50,000 at 20:1 leverage max and do run an EA or two.

Thank you in advance and many pips to all.
Regards
Wayne
Kind Regards
Wayne

Never look down on a person, unless you plan to help him up!
Ehrenmat
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by Ehrenmat »

SilverTrader » Today, 13:25 wrote:Hi Folks
Currently trade with GP out of the UK, but moving to New Zealand for 3 years in the near future and am not allowed to trade with GP as a resident in NZ with a NZ bank account.

Please could a few of you NZ folks chip in with comments and suggestions for decent brokers in NZ?
I am not a large trader on Empty4, I trade about £50,000 at 20:1 leverage max and do run an EA or two.

Regards
Wayne
Hey Wayne,

besides my GP Account, I started using Key to Markets since they have a leverage of 1:500 and are UK/NZ based. To date , I can't say anything bad about them.

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
SilverTrader
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by SilverTrader »

Ehrenmat » Wed May 08, 2019 7:27 pm wrote:
SilverTrader » Today, 13:25 wrote:Hi Folks

Regards
Wayne
Hey Wayne,

besides my GP Account, I started using Key to Markets since they have a leverage of 1:500 and are UK/NZ based. To date , I can't say anything bad about them.

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Much appreciated Mat, I'll take a gander.
Kind Regards
Wayne

Never look down on a person, unless you plan to help him up!
dakiwi
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by dakiwi »

Hi Wayne
I was with GP since early days but got stopped out when rules changed. Went to Tallinex which was good UNTIL it went tits up. Now back with FX Choice. So far so good. I dont think you can use Key to Markets from in NZ - probably same problem as with GP.
Good luck :)
Dakiwi
mrpipstrader
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by mrpipstrader »

Hi Wayne,

I'm pretty sure dakiwi is right.

From the Key to Markets homepage:

"Regulation

KEY TO MARKETS NZ Limited is a company registered in New Zealand under number 4472148 KEY TO MARKETS NZ Limited does not offer any services to residents of New Zealand, USA, Iran, North Korea and other countries where restrictions apply. For the full list of restricted countries please contact us." (my emphasis)

Not sure why a company registered in NZ is unable to provide services to its citizens tho.

Cheers
mrpips
Sandovich
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by Sandovich »

Why not register a company in the UK and trade out of the company ? That way you keep your trading in the UK.
You can reside anywhere in the world and you can trade from anywhere but just through the company .
When you need to withdraw pay yourself a dividend out of the company . Now days everything is electronic , banking , trading etc
monty
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by monty »

Sandovich » Fri May 24, 2019 7:44 am wrote:Why not register a company in the UK and trade out of the company ? That way you keep your trading in the UK.
You can reside anywhere in the world and you can trade from anywhere but just through the company .
When you need to withdraw pay yourself a dividend out of the company . Now days everything is electronic , banking , trading etc
Sandovic.

I really like the sound of that. Could you enlighten us with a bit more details please, if you can.

Thanks.
monty
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by monty »

dakiwi » Sun May 12, 2019 10:18 pm wrote:Hi Wayne
I was with GP since early days but got stopped out when rules changed. Went to Tallinex which was good UNTIL it went tits up. Now back with FX Choice. So far so good. I dont think you can use Key to Markets from in NZ - probably same problem as with GP.
Good luck :)
Dakiwi
I have used BlackBull Market, brooker ( Demo) which are based in NZ, with 500 to 1 .

You may like to look them up.
Sandovich
Trader

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by Sandovich »

monty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:06 am wrote:
Sandovich » Fri May 24, 2019 7:44 am wrote:Why not register a company in the UK and trade out of the company ? That way you keep your trading in the UK.
Sandovic.

I really like the sound of that. Could you enlighten us with a bit more details please, if you can.

Thanks.
I am a South African so not to familiar with the company registration requirements in the UK . I would find a small accounting firm in the UK to assist with the company registration and then you can open a bank account once the company is registered. The rest is straight forward open a brokerage account in the company name instead of your personal name . You will however have to keep records of your income and expenditure for tax records and pay an accountant every year to prepare financial records for your tax . You might want to get a quotation on that beforehand so you know what you in for.

I won't go through all this for a small account but if you serious about your trading and want to make a living off it then this might be the way to go.
tomele
Administrator

New Zealand Brokers?

Post by tomele »

Well, that is all good and fine. For the moment. But with the looming Brexit and brokerages thinking about moving somewhere else, I personally wouldn't undergo all this adminstrative efforts until things have cleared up a bit. You don't know what agreements a then independent UK (or England) will have with your country in two years. Just my 2 cents.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Alternatives to Global Prime”