The Slopey Peaky Bob family

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

This is a locked thread. Please read on to find out why.

We all know that Slopey Peaky Bob is a slow and steady profitable EA. Trading him takes a lot of patience as trading baskets can hang around for weeks before going anywhere.

This thread is about other combinations of using CSS and Peaky as the trade direction finder, then a different indi to trigger a trade. You can read about them further down.

Several months on, I have been able to run c.14 demo accounts courtesy of Eaymon's fantastic VPS - details at viewtopic.php?p=156450#p156450 I have come to some conclusions re the members of the SPB tribe.

Slopey Peaky Bob's Candle Power is a superb I-am-right-or-I-am-out autotrader. I have him on a live trading account.

The rest of the tribe apart from the original SPB are not worth investigating further. Some were outright failures. Several others made profits but so slowly that they were not worth investing in.

So, the two profitable members of the tribe are: Feel free to read on folks. Please ask me to reopen this thread if any of you find a way to use any of the failed members of the tribe profitably. For now, it is locked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is post 1 before I locked this thread.

Many of us are trading Slopey Peaky Bob live. 16 months old at the time I write this, SPB has become the Gold Standard of auto-trading EA's.

We have become aware of the power of the Super Slope and Peaky indicator combo. SS gives us the overall strength of a currency. Peaky highlights the power of the universal trading principle of: buy low; sell high.

I had an idea last week. What if we use the SS/Peaky combo as the trade setup, then use something else as the actual trade trigger? I coded a bot that uses Fractals to identify swings high/low and then trade in the direction shown by the SS/Peaky combo.

Then it occurred to me that it I could shuffle the code around so that it would be easy for members with a modest coding ability to add their own trade triggers. I did so and have created the attached pdf - "Adding Your Own Trade Trigger.pdf" to explain how.

So was born a new family of SPB EA's. The basic engine is SPB, so all you need to do is add your own fav trade trigger.

The only difference between members of the new family is the trade trigger, so this is the only thingy that needs explanation. Everything else is explained in SPB's User Guide.

These are the members of the family so far. Play with them to your heart's content.
viewtopic.php?p=167835#p167835 uses Fractals to identify the latest swing as the trade trigger
viewtopic.php?p=167836#p167836 uses a retrace of x candles as the trade trigger
viewtopic.php?p=167850#p167850 uses Bob's HGI as the trade trigger
viewtopic.php?p=167869#p167869 uses Stochastics as the trade trigger
viewtopic.php?p=167880#p167880 uses Bollinger Bands as the trade trigger
viewtopic.php?p=167909#p167909 uses a swing >= the Mean average of 100 swings
viewtopic.php?p=167916#p167916 uses a retrace from the daily open price as the trade trigger
viewtopic.php?p=167984#p167984 uses the cross of a moving average as the trade trigger
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 33#p168333 uses and increase in tick volume as the trade trigger
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 52#p168352 is SPB without Peaky. The trigger is the LTF SS
viewtopic.php?p=168556#p168556 uses a Flying Buddha as the trade trigger
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 75#p169275 sends initial buy and sell trades then uses the scale out stop loss from Desky to gradually close out the unsuccessful trade.

Note that the trade trigger indi is not displayed on the dashboard. The trigger is only relevant at the time it fires a trade so leaving it out saves having to muck around with the display code.

Coders, feel free to start threads with your own versions. I will add links to them here. Maybe one of them will topple SPB from its Gold Standard position.

Bear in mind folks that SPB can operate as a TDesk/Desky drone - details at viewtopic.php?p=159559#p159559 It is up to you to decide whether that approach is more productive than adapting SPSB to your trade trigger. The world is your oyster right now.

PROGRESS REPORTS
See post 2 for progress reports on my demo accounts.

SCALE OUT STOP LOSS
Remember that you need the "SPB core library.mqh" Include file from http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 59#p159559 in your platform's /Include folder.

These are the tribe members with the scale out stop loss function:
  • Candle Power
  • Bandy
  • Flying Buddha
  • Holy Graily
  • Moving
  • Pippy
  • Stochy
  • Swingy
  • Rangy
  • Volume
  • Unpeaky
Have fun folks.

:xm: :rocket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I am able to run a shed-load of demos thanks to being an FX VPS Power user (viewtopic.php?p=156450#p156450). I have left them entirely unattended until today. You will see as you read down that I made some inputs mistakes at load-up time that I have corrected as I have gone along in preparing this report.

All of these demos are sending their results to FX Testify (read about this at viewtopic.php?p=160081#p160081). I encourage all members testing these EA's to do the same.

Slopey Peaky Bob is the flagship of the tribe. I have written a separate report about his progress on my live trading account at viewtopic.php?p=168728#p168728 This report is about the progress, or otherwise, of the other members of the tribe.

Links to all the tribe members are to be found in post 1. Follow the links to read about them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LATEST UPDATE 5th Jan 2020. Previous balance is in brackets.

Candle Power is the runaway leader of the pack. I have him trading on a small, live cash account: $1,000 deposit, 0.04 lots with the same tp/sl as the demo. CP has been turbo charged by the addition of scaling out the stop loss. Time will tell if scaling back in is equally valuable.

Candle Power:
H1 chart. NoOfCandles = 5.
Started 24th June 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($26,784 with no current trades.) $29,189
Lot size 1 lot.
TP 150, SL 50.

Volume:
H1 chart
Started 29th July 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($23,197) $21,619
Lot size 1 lot.
SL 25, TP 75. Global basket TP $2,000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trading the rest as whole position basket traders.

Unpeaky:
Started 7th August 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($19,071) $17,425
Lot size 0.01 lots per dollop of $5,000 of equity.

Pippy:
Started 29th June 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($20,804) $22,950
Lot size 0.1 lots per dollop of $5,000 of equity.
Oops. That 0.1 lots should have been 0.01 lots. The margin level is down to 229%
and so should MC soon. I will start again with the intended lot size.

Stochy:
Started 26th June 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($20,252) $20,385
I see I have accidentally left the global basket target
at 10,000 pips. This is far too rich for Stochy, so I am
reducing it to 1,000. Looking at the history tab, it looks as
though the profits are due to Recovery.

Truly Rangy:
Started 1st July 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($20,165) $20,589
at 10,000 pips and $30 cash. This is far too rich for Rangy, so I am
reducing it to 1,000 pips and removing the cash tp.

Bandy:
Started 1st July 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($20,036) $19,358
at 10,000 pips and $30 cash. This is far too rich for Rangy, so I am
reducing it to 1,000 pips and removing the cash tp.

HGI:
Same starting balance as the other demos. Two time frames:
H1: lost -$300 with an open position at -$115.
H4: not a single trade in 3 months of running the demo.
Maybe there is something wrong with the code, but I cannot find it.

Swingy:
Started 24th June 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: ($21,818) $25,111
at 10,000 pips, so resetting it to 1,000.

Flying Buddha
Started 7th November 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: $20,113

Moving Average
Started 7th November 2019.
Deposit $20,000.
Current balance: $20,563

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I forgot to add a note to the adding your own trade trigger pdf about editing the FX Testify code, so I have added this:

Go to int OnInit() to edit the code that sends the trading results to the FX Testify database. Slopey Peaky Swingy Bob's code is this:
ChartSaveTemplate(0,StringFormat("ZZT2MTPL-%s-%s-%s-%d-%d-%d-%d","SHF","SPSB","MULSYM",Period(),AccountNumber(),TimeCurrent(),MagicNumber));

You need to change the coloured part of the code to a unique identifier. I am describing a cross of a moving average conversion here, so my code would look something like this:
ChartSaveTemplate(0,StringFormat("ZZT2MTPL-%s-%s-%s-%d-%d-%d-%d","SHF","SPBMAC","MULSYM",Period(),AccountNumber(),TimeCurrent(),MagicNumber));

c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 pm wrote:Many of us are trading Slopey Peaky Bob live. 16 months old at the time I write this, SPB has become the Gold Standard of auto-trading EA's.

We have become aware of the power of the Super Slope and Peaky indicator combo. SS gives us the overall strength of a currency. Peaky highlights the power of the universal trading principle of: buy low; sell high.

I had an idea last week. What if we use the SS/Peaky combo as the trade setup, then use something else as the actual trade trigger? I coded a bot that uses Fractals to identify swings high/low and then trade in the direction shown by the SS/Peaky combo.

Then it occurred to me that it I could shuffle the code around so that it would be easy for members with a modest coding ability to add their own trade triggers. I did so and have created the attached pdf - "Adding Your Own Trade Trigger.pdf" to explain how.

So was born a new family of SPB EA's. The basic engine is SPB, so all you need to do is add your own fav trade trigger.

The only difference between members of the new family is the trade trigger, so this is the only thingy that needs explanation. Everything else is explained in SPB's User Guide.

These are the members of the family so far. Play with them to your heart's content:
viewtopic.php?p=167835#p167835 uses Fractals to identify the latest swing as the trade trigger.
viewtopic.php?p=167836#p167836 uses a retrace of x candles as the trade trigger.

Coders, feel free to start threads with your own versions. I will add links to them here. Maybe one of them will topple SPB from its Gold Standard position.

Bear in mind folks that SPB can operate as a TDesk/Desky drone - details at viewtopic.php?p=159559#p159559 It is up to you to decide whether that approach is more productive than adapting SPSB to your trade trigger. The world is your oyster right now.

Have fun folks.

Its uncanny how we all seem to go down the same/similar tracks. I have been testing several setups for the last couple of months and guess what I have filtered out the crap, and settled on using Peaky, Super Slope and HGI. I have now 4 demos running which I am refining but here are the results which seem encouraging.

Started May 28th Testone 11.96%
Started May 3rd Testthree 16.6%
Started May 3rd Testfour 21.5%
Started May 3rd Testsix 56.2%

All of course using compounding principles :smile: I will continue as I now know I am on the right track ;) and will start a new thread when I am confident of my setup.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

c1borg » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:24 am wrote:
Its uncanny how we all seem to go down the same/similar tracks. I have been testing several setups for the last couple of months and guess what I have filtered out the crap, and settled on using Peaky, Super Slope and HGI. I have now 4 demos running which I am refining but here are the results which seem encouraging.

All of course using compounding principles :smile: I will continue as I now know I am on the right track ;) and will start a new thread when I am confident of my setup.
I have just done an SPB HGI version and will post it later today.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I received this PM from Thomas earlier:
tomele wrote:Hi Steve.
You need to change the coloured part of the code to a unique identifier. I am describing a cross of a moving average conversion here, so my code would look something like this:
ChartSaveTemplate(0,StringFormat("ZZT2MTPL-%s-%s-%s-%d-%d-%d-%d","SHF","SPBMAC","MULSYM",Period(),AccountNumber(),TimeCurrent(),MagicNumber));
This is a bit misleading, because the two strings are both limited to 5 characters. So it should better be "SHF","SPBMC" or something. Just letting you know.

Have a nice day.
Thomas
I have updated the pdf; just bear it in mind when making your own alterations.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have created a version that uses HGI as the trade trigger - http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 50#p167850

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have added a Stochastics version. http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 69#p167869

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I have coded a Bollinger Bands version - http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 80#p167880

tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

c1borg » 25 Jun 2019, 11:24 wrote:

If you need any help in uploading results to FXtestify, just sing out.

Cheers
Thomas
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate

Return to “Super Slope EA's”