Slopey Peaky Desk - Putting The Strings Together

tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

TDesk, Desky, the Universal Drones, buffers and indicators - I admit it can be confusing. I totally understand those of you telling me they don't know where to start. This thread shall be a starting point for you.

Those of you interested in some theory and understanding, please read the following section. All others just wanting to set up a working TDesk/Desky system for now, skip part 1 and go directly to part 2.

Part 1. Overview

First I want you give you an overview how all the parts work together:
TDesk.jpg
If you go from left to right, there are the following components involved:

Indicators

Indicators written to directly send signals to TDesk (called drones) like here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5527#p163641
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5538#p167458

EAX-PINs which TDesk can read directly, explained here:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=568595
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=730416

Conventional indicators which can be read by Universal Drones:

TDesk Universal Drones Examples

Indicators written and optimized for Universal Drones:

Peaky Buffers
Slopy Buffers

Universal Drones

Universal Drones are interfaces between TDesk and conventional indicators or indicators written and optimized for them. You can find them and their documentation here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5654
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5655

TDesk

TDesk is the machine that collects all these signals, displays them as a dashboard and crunches all signals into one resulting signal of FLAT, LONG, SHORT or EXIT (the Super Signal). You can find it and the documentation here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5522
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5536

Signal Receivers

Desky is a higkhly sophisticated masterpiece of Steve. It reads the Super Signal of TDesk and then trades the market. You can configure it to every thinkable strategy. Find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5545

TDesk Viewer and TDesk Player are tools to visualize and optimize TDesk settings and strategies. They are only available to members of the "TDesk Whispers" group.

Further insights

All available documentation can be found here:

Part 2. Example - Slopey Peaky Desk

There is a somewhat profitable expert setup that I like very much - Slopey Peaky Bob. With the setup tested under the name FXT-SPB3, it made constant progress of 10%-15% per month over more than 15 months now. Thus we will use that as our example strategy to implement.

The ingredients you will need for the receipt can be found in the following threads. Download the bits and pieces and copy them to the right directories:

Peaky Buffers
Slopy Buffers
Universal Buffers Drone (UBD)
TDesk
Desky

Now here are two templates for you. Please load them on two separate XAUUSD charts. The first loads TDesk in a configuration that is appropriate for our strategy, the second loads Desky and two instances of UBD using Peaky Buffers and Slopey Buffers. All configured properly and ready to use:
Slopey Peaky Desk 1.tpl
Slopey Peaky Desk 2.tpl
Now what will happen is this: The two instances of UBD will call Peaky Buffers and Slopy Buffers to read their signals. The indicators themselves have not to be on any chart. Then the two UBDs send the signals to TDesk. TDesk will compute the Super Signal and send it to Desky. And Desky will trade like FXT-SPB3 would.

The assignment of the parts to the two charts is irrelevant. I did it this way to use the space on the charts as best as possible.

The above is all you need. But if you want to go into details or use just parts of the system, I have attached the setfiles for all parts here:
Slopey Peaky Desk TDesk.set
Slopey Peaky Desk Desky.set
Slopey Peaky Desk UBD Slopy Buffers.set
Slopey Peaky Desk UBD Peaky Buffers.set
Please don't deviate too much from the original concept by deleting signals or adding more than one. It wouldn't be "DESK-SPB" anymore. When in doubt, contact me in advance.

This thread is open to discussions.

Have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
Jamesmsv
Trader

Post by Jamesmsv »

Thank you so much for this Tomele - I must admit I fall into the category of those who found it hard to grasp what was going on here. I didn't want to ask anyone for help as it was clear from the entire TDesk part of the forum that every effort had already been made to help people help themselves, but I didn't have much success. I have been an occasional visitor to FX testify and seen that there have been some obvious successes in this project, I'm looking forward to implementing your instructions later today to study it in more detail. Thanks once again :smile:
Jamesmsv
Trader

Post by Jamesmsv »

Wow - after almost a whole working week of using TDesk I'm very impressed. I have been struggling with the low volatility in 2019 so this is a godsend to me. I don't do auto-trading but spent this week paper-trading my manual strategies using TDesk for signals. 10Wins, 3 Losses, 187pips banked. I know that's nothing like a thorough forward test but it's a damned good start.
:!!:
minaz

Post by minaz »

tomele » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:16 pm wrote:Hi @all.

TDesk, Desky, the Universal Drones, buffers and indicators - I admit it can be confusing. I totally understand those of you telling me they don't know where to start. This thread shall be a starting point for you.

Those of you interested in some theory and understanding, please read the following section. All others just wanting to set up a working TDesk/Desky system for now, skip part 1 and go directly to part 2.

Part 1. Overview

First I want you give you an overview how all the parts work together:

If you go from left to right, there are the following components involved:

Indicators

Indicators written to directly send signals to TDesk (called drones) like here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5527#p163641
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5538#p167458

EAX-PINs which TDesk can read directly, explained here:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=568595
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=730416

Conventional indicators which can be read by Universal Drones:

TDesk Universal Drones Examples

Indicators written and optimized for Universal Drones:

Peaky Buffers
Slopy Buffers

Universal Drones

Universal Drones are interfaces between TDesk and conventional indicators or indicators written and optimized for them. You can find them and their documentation here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5654

TDesk

TDesk is the machine that collects all these signals, displays them as a dashboard and crunches all signals into one resulting signal of FLAT, LONG, SHORT or EXIT (the Super Signal). You can find it and the documentation here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5522

Signal Receivers

Desky is a higkhly sophisticated masterpiece of Steve. It reads the Super Signal of TDesk and then trades the market. You can configure it to every thinkable strategy. Find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5545

TDesk Viewer and TDesk Player are tools to visualize and optimize TDesk settings and strategies. They are only available to members of the "TDesk Whispers" group.

Further insights

All available documentation can be found here:

Part 2. Example - Slopey Peaky Desk

There is a somewhat profitable expert setup that I like very much - Slopey Peaky Bob. With the setup tested under the name FXT-SPB3, it made constant progress of 10%-15% per month over more than 15 months now. Thus we will use that as our example strategy to implement.

The ingredients you will need for the receipt can be found in the following threads. Download the bits and pieces and copy them to the right directories:

Peaky Buffers
Slopy Buffers
Universal Buffers Drone (UBD)
TDesk
Desky

Now here are two templates for you. Please load them on two separate XAUUSD charts. The first loads TDesk in a configuration that is appropriate for our strategy, the second loads Desky and two instances of UBD using Peaky Buffers and Slopey Buffers. All configured properly and ready to use:

Now what will happen is this: The two instances of UBD will call Peaky Buffers and Slopy Buffers to read their signals. The indicators themselves have not to be on any chart. Then the two UBDs send the signals to TDesk. TDesk will compute the Super Signal and send it to Desky. And Desky will trade like FXT-SPB3 would.

The assignment of the parts to the two charts is irrelevant. I did it this way to use the space on the charts as best as possible.

The above is all you need. But if you want to go into details or use just parts of the system, I have attached the setfiles for all parts here:

Let this be our starting point for some experiments. I have configured Desky to send the results under the new name "DESK-SPB" to the FXTestify database. You can play around with the settings and we will soon be able to compare results on FXTestify.

Please don't deviate too much from the original concept by deleting signals or adding more than one. It wouldn't be "DESK-SPB" anymore. When in doubt, contact me in advance.

This thread is open to discussions.

Have fun.
tomele wonderful result for this... really thank you man :xm: :xm: :xm: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Someone at last understands and uses my stuff? Congrats, guys. You are my special elite troop, the "TDesk Seals". If I can help you in any way, let me know.

(Mark Twain)

Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

Hi Thomas,

Your concept is brilliant and I would love to be one of your elite troops. The fact remains that we are from all walks of life in this universe. From my country and my situation I look at the Rand to the dollar for example. A total shambles. I would love to invest 10 000 dollars which equates to R 150 000.00 here in SA, an arm and a leg, The question remains would less than 10 000 dollars be enough to have periods of draw down and get into a winning streak with this strat? I would like to hear answers from all of you, I have tested on demo for lengthy periods and my tests have not been good on small accounts.

Cheers
Leon
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Wavegarrick » 08 Sep 2019, 16:29 wrote:Hi Thomas,

Your concept is brilliant and I would love to be one of your elite troops. The fact remains that we are from all walks of life in this universe. From my country and my situation I look at the Rand to the dollar for example. A total shambles. I would love to invest 10 000 dollars which equates to R 150 000.00 here in SA, an arm and a leg, The question remains would less than 10 000 dollars be enough to have periods of draw down and get into a winning streak with this strat? I would like to hear answers from all of you, I have tested on demo for lengthy periods and my tests have not been good on small accounts.

Cheers
Leon
Hi, TDesk Seal Leon.

From my experience and all the collected data over 3 years (having started with Dottybot), I would recommend the following for grid trading EAs: Each pair with 0.01 lots per trade and a maximum of 10 trades in the grid needs at least 500 USD or equivalent funds. This would mean you need 50 USD for each possible 0.01 lots trade. My accounts survived even the crazy markets of the last weeks without any SL. Scarce, though.

But mind - I usually have a leverage of 1:200. A lower leverage will get you into trouble much sooner. You will have to adjust the needed funds by the leverage.

Hope that helps. Semper fi, marine.

Cheers
Thomas

(Mark Twain)

Wavegarrick
Trader

Post by Wavegarrick »

tomele » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:14 am wrote:
Wavegarrick » 08 Sep 2019, 16:29 wrote:Hi Thomas,

Cheers
Leon
Hi, TDesk Seal Leon.

From my experience and all the collected data over 3 years (having started with Dottybot), I would recommend the following for grid trading EAs: Each pair with 0.01 lots per trade and a maximum of 10 trades in the grid needs at least 500 USD or equivalent funds. This would mean you need 50 USD for each possible 0.01 lots trade. My accounts survived even the crazy markets of the last weeks without any SL. Scarce, though.

But mind - I usually have a leverage of 1:200. A lower leverage will get you into trouble much sooner. You will have to adjust the needed funds by the leverage.

Cheers
Thomas
Thanks for the reply Thomas :good: I would love to be a navy seal :clap:. Just wonder if they will still take me at my age? :smile:

Anyway thanks for the forward guidance. Be sure that I am looking at this.

Cheers
Leon.
Gertje
Trader

Post by Gertje »

tomele » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:14 pm wrote:
Hi, TDesk Seal Leon.

Cheers
Thomas
I can second that.

I'm only running PoS at the moment, and my 2 year old demo bit the dust due to a margin call.
Live I was able to dodge the bullet by adding some funds to the account. The live account recovered almost completely last week, by closing some positions and thereby adding 6% to the account.

In my opinion, all of us are looking at too high of a return. This includes me.
Logically it is impossible to make monthly returns in the double figures.
I re-adjusted the dollup to 0.01/ €10.000 - €30.000 now, trading 28 pairs and expect to make 4-5% monthly.

Don't have the funds to deposit?
Start with a cent-account.
Be prepared to be manipulated, orders in a cent-accounts don't see the real market due to the limited lotsizing.
Grow the account and in the mean time learn the inn's and out's of the choosen strategy.
Then if and when the account has reached a certain level, transfer the funds to a standard account with the confidence that the strategy is solid and profitable.
tomele
Administrator

Post by tomele »

Hi @all.

The templates and setfiles in post 1 have been updated to be fully compatible with TDesk 7.

Stay well and safe.

(Mark Twain)

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”