Slopey Hedgy Bob

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Hedgy Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

SERIOUS WARNING
  • Most Forex traders lose all their money.
  • Using the robot posted here in trading Forex does not guarantee success.
  • Trading this robot could lead to serious financial loss.
  • Trading this robot without understanding its underlying trading strategies guarantees traders will lose their money.
  • This is not a set-and-forget ea; there is no such thing and anyone who tries to claim there is, is either stupid or lying. This ea requires frequent manual intervention.
  • At best, a trading robot is only 90% as good as the manual strategy it trades. At best. At worst, it can be much less effective. If the strategy is rubbish, so is the robot.
  • To trade this robot, you have to understand:
MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS POST http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... 41#p111241 There was a Forex bloodbath on Jan 15th 2015 that you need to know about.

Have a look at this picture of the trades open at the time I took the pic. You may have to open it in a new tab to view the details.
Capture.PNG
Note the balance: $16,228. The original deposit was $20,000.
Note the equity: $21,843.
Scroll along to the 'Profit' column: +$5615.

Slopey Hedgy Bob evolved out of my checking the scale out stop loss I coded for Desky. I opened a GJ buy and sell to make sure the market would move far enough to start closing portions of at least one of the trades. The market cooperated for a change and Desky eventually closed all of the sell in four stages, then the entire buy. The profit was the difference between the phased loss on the sell and the profit on the buy, minus costs.

I knocked together Art. He traded at the start of each new trading day. He would check to see if each pair had an open trade and if not, send a buy and a sell trade. He was called Art because he used the D1 ATR to calculate the take profit and stop loss, so I simply rearranged the letters of ATR to name him.

Art then monitored each pair of trades to close out the losing one in four stages. ATR proved to give too narrow a range and I was seeing both sides of the orders being closed, so I changed to the default of 100 pips. ATR is still in the code should anyone want to experiment further; it is disabled by default and the inputs hidden from users but most of you should be able to unhide them should you wish to.

I had added CCI to a privately commissioned EA by one of our members, who wanted to trade only when there had been a trending market - ideal for Art as we ideally want the market to move strongly in one direction. I added CCI to Art.

Then I thought of Super Slope and wondered if avoiding trading when the values are in the -1 to +1 range, so I added SS and renamed Art as Slopey Hedgy Bob.

SHB requires no thought. I have coded the defaults as I am trading on the demo. Just amend the Lot input according to the starting balance, making sure that it is divisible by NoOfLevels.

I have no idea whether SHB has a future, or how we make the most of him if he does. It may be that a periodic basket closure my be best - we shall see. US citizens will be able to trade him live by splitting the account into two halves and loading an instance of the bot onto each account with TradeLong and TradeShort set to trade only in one direction.

If you want to follow my demo then you can access it on a Global Prime demo with these details:
  • Login: 2167000
  • Investor: rm6fdxm

The Investor password allows you to view progress without being able to open/close trades, so you cannot do any harm.

:xm: :rocket:

Matters of general interest
Go here to download and run the script that will fill your platform's missing chart history: http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... f=15&t=254
Read this post:
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=6&t=78 Newbie traders, read this for inspiration and warning. Those of you who have suffered losses, read it for inspiration.

Masterly summary of hedging: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread. ... ost4977179

EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. Traders, if I code your EA for free, then I will share it here. If you want me to code your EA without sharing, then my fee is $100 payable into my paypal account. I explain why at http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... ?f=15&t=79, at the bottom of the post.

Useful utilities/EA's/scripts -

-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Hedgy Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

What a difference a day makes.

SHB closed this little lot earlier:
XAUUSDH1.png
It is exactly one month since I started the demo. The equity currently sits at just over $23,000. I could live with returns like that. :lol:

Quite why Hedgy suddenly closed all those trades is a mystery. He left some of the original trades alone. I think it is probably shirt protection and that a further partial closure tipped my margin level below my CloseDeleteAllBelowThisMarginLevelPercent input of 125, but do not actually know. Besides, Hedgy should have closed everything.

Hey ho. Let the entertainment continue. :clap:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

trader689
Trader

Slopey Hedgy Bob

Post by trader689 »

Great start Steve! Will be very interesting to see how this develops. :clap:

Trader

SteveHopwood » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:24 pm wrote:What a difference a day makes.

SHB closed this little lot earlier:

It is exactly one month since I started the demo. The equity currently sits at just over $23,000. I could live with returns like that. :lol:

Quite why Hedgy suddenly closed all those trades is a mystery. He left some of the original trades alone. I think it is probably shirt protection and that a further partial closure tipped my margin level below my CloseDeleteAllBelowThisMarginLevelPercent input of 125, but do not actually know. Besides, Hedgy should have closed everything.

Hey ho. Let the entertainment continue. :clap:

SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Hedgy Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

There is a teensy update in post 1.

Ben (Pivotter) emailed me last week with a couple of fixes but I only just discovered his mail. The first fix is to an incorrect symbol call in the CCI code that I had not noticed because I am using SS to try to ensure there is sufficient movement in the market. This line:
double val = getCci(Symbol(), TrendCciTimeFrame, TrendCciPeriod, TrendCciAppliedPrice, 0);

should be:
double val = getCci(symbol, TrendCciTimeFrame, TrendCciPeriod, TrendCciAppliedPrice, 0);

Ben also spotted why the hidden stop loss in the scale in feature was not working. I have fixed this myself but would have saved myself some pain had I seen Ben's email earlier. Thanks Ben. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

raffus

Slopey Hedgy Bob

Post by raffus »

hello @steve
i'm loving Hedge EA.

i have analyzed the excel data of your demo account, unfortunately most of missing gain is the swap cost.
you lost over 7K in swap and gained only 3.

please immagine an account without these costs....
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Hedgy Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

raffus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:43 pm wrote:hello @steve
i'm loving Hedge EA.

i have analyzed the excel data of your demo account, unfortunately most of missing gain is the swap cost.
you lost over 7K in swap and gained only 3.

please immagine an account without these costs....
I had a whole bunch of trades close today for the first time in weeks:
Capture.PNG
Swap costs are not a problem with these trades. They can be if a high swap pair stays open for a long period of time. Cut them out if the swap on those pairs bothers you.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”