Moving Day for the hopelessly confused. Ask here.

saintalan
Trader

Post by saintalan »

Here goes, I'll put my head above the parapet!

Followed the instructions carefully and managed to load, setup and trade MD yesterday, I plan to make sure I've got everything in order and will then link to database.

Everything appears fine with trading, only thing of note with one trade was that it set a Sell Stop on AUDNZD at 04:00 yesterday that never executed and the market then moved above the 20 and then opened on a Buy Stop at 07.23 which is still running nicely in profit. The original Sell Stop is still showing.

I may have missed something so just checking.

Cheers

Alan
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

saintalan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:57 pm wrote:Here goes, I'll put my head above the parapet!

Followed the instructions carefully and managed to load, setup and trade MD yesterday, I plan to make sure I've got everything in order and will then link to database.

Everything appears fine with trading, only thing of note with one trade was that it set a Sell Stop on AUDNZD at 04:00 yesterday that never executed and the market then moved above the 20 and then opened on a Buy Stop at 07.23 which is still running nicely in profit. The original Sell Stop is still showing.

I may have missed something so just checking.

Cheers

Alan
I fixed this yesterday, so make sure you have the latest version. I did not think to change the version number, so you would not know if your download failed. Delete both the .ex4 and .mq4 versions and re-download.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
saintalan
Trader

Post by saintalan »

Thanks Steve,

I have reloaded all up to date files but I am not getting any activations/orders showing now. My original orders from pre-update are still active with TP/SL still showing.

I have double checked and about to triple check but guess I am missing something.

Thanks

Alan

UPDATE - Have gone through whole procedure again, just waiting for a test.
lamdog330
Trader

Post by lamdog330 »

Congrats on reaching $30,000
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

lamdog330 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 pm wrote:Congrats on reaching $30,000
It is indeed a pleasant thingy to see. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Those of you who started to demo MD last week will have been disappointed. It was a losing week. They happen and it is hard when they happen just as you start up.

This week has made up the losses and just tipped the equity over the $30,000 mark. It might not stay there. We shall see.

It will not have escaped you folks' notice that using the pending trades thingy is a double edged sword. Wonderful when it works, but costly when a pending trade fills and then the market reverses and recrosses the moving average.

I am going to do a cull of the SPB tribe this coming weekend. Many of them are not performing at all. Others are profitable but so slowly that watching grass grow would be a more interesting pastime than watching those accounts. SPB and SPB CP on the hourly remain the most consistently profitable and I have them both running on live trading accounts. The CP demo will top $30,000 soon.

I shall replace the duff SPB tribe members with three MD demos that will start trading simultaneously when the markets reopen after the weekend:
  • One will take immediate market trades.
  • One will send pending trades 10 pips from the market.
  • One will send pending trades 20 pips from the market.
I will post the account numbers - no point in us all testing the same settings for anything other than satisfaction and reassurance. Maybe someone would like to test 15 pips stop orders from the market?

Another quick bump for Eaymon and FX VPS viewtopic.php?p=156450#p156450 His service has made all my testing possible. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

I got into a tangle here last night, trying to move the previous two posts to the main thread. I accidentally managed to delete some posts instead. Apologies if yours was one of them.

TradingMastermind
Trader

Post by TradingMastermind »

Hi All
I have been running 2 Demo accounts with Moving Day since the start of March. The first one is OOTB with a 10 PIP pending order. The Second has a 20 pip pending order. Early days yet but both seem to be quite profitable.
10PIP.PNG
20PIP.PNG
Happy St Patricks Day All :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

hey tradingmastermind

thanks for posting your great results so far with this fab EA. please do keep us posted :clap:

trader

TradingMastermind » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:58 pm wrote:Hi All
I have been running 2 Demo accounts with Moving Day since the start of March. The first one is OOTB with a 10 PIP pending order. The Second has a 20 pip pending order. Early days yet but both seem to be quite profitable.

Happy St Patricks Day All :party:
n229vxhbx

Post by n229vxhbx »

Looking at Steves original demo for this interesting EA, I noticed some serious directional bias toward the short side.

Looks like this EA (at least in the limited testing done so far) has been much more successful as a short play rather than a long play.

Do you think thats due to the global financial meltdown and potential beginning of the endtimes we appear to be going through, or actually indicative of the nature of this setup?
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

n229vxhbx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm wrote:Looking at Steves original demo for this interesting EA, I noticed some serious directional bias toward the short side.

Looks like this EA (at least in the limited testing done so far) has been much more successful as a short play rather than a long play.

Do you think thats due to the global financial meltdown and potential beginning of the endtimes we appear to be going through, or actually indicative of the nature of this setup?
Just means there are more short trades satisfying the rules than long, you set the rules and the EA trades, simple.

What I do like is the ability to set your risk, in my case I am achieving 4.4% drawdown but with a daily increase in profit of 0.38%. Steve is achieving 16.54% drawdown but with an increased daily profit of 0.55%. :smile:

Return to “Moving Day”