Slopey Peaky Bob

cmac0351

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by cmac0351 »

Could someone please help me understand why this basket was closed due to recovery and if this is correct behavior?

I am using SPB Latest version OOTB.

I get that there are 6 trades, 2 losers a the time of closure, but the scenario in the guide is when a group of losers makes a comeback and the basket gets back to breakeven. This basket was up 260 pips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
n229vxhbx

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by n229vxhbx »

OK, forgive me if I'm being somewhat of an idiot, but I've read all the PDFs, and the posts (and the weekly updates since I joined last year!) but I cannot seem to get SPB to attach to a chart to play around with this awesome looking EA. I've been meaning to get it set up on my VPS to begin learning the way this grid trader operates as it *sounds* more versatile and dare I say, intelligent, than the one I use.

I've been trading Forex for a few years now (so by no means an expert by any stretch of the definition), and all that time I've been trading with EAs to try and reduce the emotion side of trading. To run SPB, I have a clean version of my brokers platform, and followed the following steps:-

1. SPB core library.mqh into the ""MQL/Include" folder
2. Peak HiLo indicator.mq4 into the "MQL/Indicators" folder
3. Slopey Peaky Bob 10000 pips.mq4 into the "MQL/Experts" folder
4. Start Empty4

But once started, the Indicator, nor EA will attach to any chart. Have I missed a compile step, or a piece of the puzzle? I didn't want to get into TDesk just yet, as I'd prefer to explore these new tools one piece at a time, however if this is the piece I've missed, I again apologise. Trying to be methodical!

Oddly, the Journal doesn't give any entry when I'm attempting to attach the EA or Indicator to a chart, so I'm not getting any error information back to help in my own investigations, so I simply wondered if anyone else had bumped into this particular problem, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT - Worked it out. SORRY for posting what must seem in retrospect as the dumbest question in quite some time. For anyone as silly as me, go get TDesk.mqh, put that in your Include folder too, and then compile all the files using Metaeditor and it'll compile with zero warnings and attach just fine.
echoman01
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by echoman01 »

Prepare thyself for the wrath of Hopwood...
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

echoman01 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:36 pm wrote:Prepare thyself for the wrath of Hopwood...
Not this time. I did not make the need for TDeskSignal.mqh obvious in post 1 and have added a note to that effect.

Besides, he sorted himself out. :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
n229vxhbx

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by n229vxhbx »

Phew! :roll:

On a more serious note, thanks for this thread Steve et al. I've been consistently losing money, ur, I mean trading Forex, for a few years now and the cautionary tales and stories of success on this forum have really helped me out this past few weeks, through this market turmoil (and the associated stresses). I'm going back to basics, and going to try get myself out of this rather large hole I've dug myself into. Thanks for the inspiration.
Promixer

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by Promixer »

Hi all,

I would like to start SPB on my VPS and I am confused where to start to have everything right.

Is post #1 latest for all indicators and EA files?

As second, can someone provide best setfile for this EA, so I dont loose time with this too. Or is default one already fine?

Many thanks for answers.
n229vxhbx

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by n229vxhbx »

Promixer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 pm wrote:Hi all,

I would like to start SPB on my VPS and I am confused where to start to have everything right.

Is post #1 latest for all indicators and EA files?

As second, can someone provide best setfile for this EA, so I dont loose time with this too. Or is default one already fine?

Many thanks for answers.
Oh buddy...

OK, Steve diligently updates his posts as new work is done so that post is up to date. Read it, and re-read it, everything is there (I know cause I set it all up a week ago). The only piece of info thats not readily offered up as it is common knowledge, that if you have an mq4 file you'll need to use metaeditor to compile it into its ex4 component before it'll run. if you get really stuck, drop me a PM, I'll try to help (if Steve doesn't perma-ban you for that heinous "loose" lose debacle!).
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 2s is in post 1, in response to a member finding that filling the gap in a grid sometimes failed because the new stop order would breech his broker's maximum trades per platform limit. You do not need 2s if your broker has no maximum.

The code deletes the highest buy stop and lowest sell stop when necessary.

Easy to DIY. Search for:
sendPrice = NormalizeDouble(price - (distanceBetweenTrades / factor), digits);

Insert this block immediately above

Code: Select all

//Stop the gap filling from exceeding the broker's trade limit.
                  //Delete the highest pending order.
                  if (!checkBrokerMaxTradesOnPlatform(1) )
                  {
                     //Rebuild a picture of the position.
                     countOpenTrades(symbol, pairIndex);
                     result = OrderDelete(highestbuyStopTicketNo);
                     //In case something went wrong
                     if (!result)
                        return;//Cannot send the new pending order, so no use continuing.
                  }//if (!checkBrokerMaxTradesOnPlatform(1) )
Then search for:
sendPrice = NormalizeDouble(price + (distanceBetweenTrades / factor), digits);
Insert this block immediately above

Code: Select all

//Stop the gap filling from exceeding the broker's trade limit.
                  //Delete the lowest pending order.
                  if (!checkBrokerMaxTradesOnPlatform(1) )
                  {
                     //Rebuild a picture of the position.
                     countOpenTrades(symbol, pairIndex);
                     result = OrderDelete(lowestSellStopTicketNo);
                     //In case something went wrong
                     if (!result)
                        return;//Cannot send the new pending order, so no use continuing.
                  }//if (!checkBrokerMaxTradesOnPlatform(1) )

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

billv
Trader

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by billv »

SteveHopwood » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 am wrote:V 2s is in post 1, in response to a member finding that filling the gap in a grid sometimes failed because the new stop order would breech his broker's maximum trades per platform limit.
The other thing people can do, is to go through all traded pairs and delete some of the oldest pending orders.
Alternatively, they can open accounts with Global Prime who allow more open trades,
Actually I just checked with Mikey at GP because I though there was a limit of 300 but he says there is no limit, your EA can place as many pending orders as it needs but whether you have enough margin or not to trigger them depends on the funds in your account.
The crappy brokers only allow 200 trades and this is because they take all trades in-house and they don't want you to win.
SteveHopwood
Owner

Slopey Peaky Bob

Post by SteveHopwood »

I shut down and stayed out of the markets for a few weeks.

At the start of this week I thought, "What the hell? Markets go up. Then they go down. Then they go up. Then they go down....................." and restarted SPB on my live trading account.

Mind, I am not trading a $500 starter account here. My live trading account can laugh at a lot of DD, so take no false comfort from what I am about to post.

Fact us, it was a good week.
XAUUSDDaily.png
That is one 1,000 pip basket closed per day Monday to Thursday. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This has not happened before. It will probably never happen again.

For now and for a change, I am crowing triumphantly.

I wish all of you who follow here equal success. Fact is, timing is everything and I just happened to get in on the start of some decent moves. No doubt but that this time next week I will be in my usual position of -3,000 pips. Hey ho. :arrrg:

For now: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

I do not often get to post like this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Super Slope EA's”