Hi Rene
Ok no worries, maybe you can get some ideas from it for your next version. :hi:
cheers
spyderman
Trader

TradeReport

Post by spyderman »

Rene,

Great Indi here. Would it be possible to add the ability to display the "locked in" profit of the trades as opposed to total running profit. In other words how much unrealized profit is protected by stop loss.

Thanks for your work and consideration.
Snaggin' some pips
renexxxx
Trader

TradeReport

Post by renexxxx »

Some time ago, I received a request from Tebis (Ernst) to be able to run several versions of TradeReport on the same screen. This would mean that we would somehow have to limit the vertical size (height) of the report - and therefore that we would need a (vertical) scrollbar to see all the selected trades. As this is a trading forum and not a coding forum, this request was initially rejected. However, as I had not much to do last weekend, I made some changes to TradeReport such that it now creates a scrollbar if it can't show all the trades. The scrollbar is quite jerky when you drag it up and down ... this is because MQL4 is really too slow for handling screen events and updating the canvas. But it is was it is.

For those who are curious to look into my coding kitchen, I have attached the source code. Be prepared to be disgusted as the code is not pretty ... I even have resorted to the use of some global variables - don't have many hands left (only one person on this forum understands the meaning of this last remark...). I'm not sure how many bugs are still in the code -- I haven't counted them :lol:

The update is in Post 1
milanese
TechAdmin

TradeReport

Post by milanese »

renexxxx » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:14 am wrote:Some time ago, I received a request from Tebis (Ernst) to be able to run several versions of TradeReport on the same screen. This would mean that we would somehow have to limit the vertical size (height) of the report - and therefore that we would need a (vertical) scrollbar to see all the selected trades. As this is a trading forum and not a coding forum, this request was initially rejected. However, as I had not much to do last weekend, I made some changes to TradeReport such that it now creates a scrollbar if it can't show all the trades. The scrollbar is quite jerky when you drag it up and down ... this is because MQL4 is really too slow for handling screen events and updating the canvas. But it is was it is.

For those who are curious to look into my coding kitchen, I have attached the source code. Be prepared to be disgusted as the code is not pretty ... I even have resorted to the use of some global variables - don't have many hands left (only one person on this forum understands the meaning of this last remark...). I'm not sure how many bugs are still in the code -- I haven't counted them :lol:

The update is in Post 1
You are simply a star! :!!:

All the best

Tommaso
forexgeeker
Trader

TradeReport

Post by forexgeeker »

Hi Renexxxx,

Thank you for creating this TradeReport. It's been a great tool for me to use. I have a little request however, if it is possible to add.

I'm using this to track my closed trade for the day. And the "JustToday'sTrades" function did the job well. However since i'm tracking my closed trade group by group(basket) daily, i was thinking if it's possible to have another option for the TradeReport to track only the closed trade, starting from the time it is loaded to the chart. And not the total closed trade for the day.

I hope i explain it well, Thank you. :)
renexxxx
Trader

TradeReport

Post by renexxxx »

forexgeeker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:11 pm wrote:...to have another option for the TradeReport to track only the closed trade, starting from the time it is loaded to the chart...
Yes, you just have to set the DateChoice to "Custom Dates" (default) and the StartDate to the date and time from which you want to track closed trades. It is dangerous and not practical to make the StartDate equal to the date that the indicator is loaded, as the indicator can be reloaded unintentionally many times (eg. when Empty4 is restarted, or when you change time frames on the chart the indicator is run, or when you change one of the indicator's parameters).
forexgeeker
Trader

TradeReport

Post by forexgeeker »

renexxxx » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:19 am wrote:
forexgeeker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:11 pm wrote:...to have another option for the TradeReport to track only the closed trade, starting from the time it is loaded to the chart...
Yes, you just have to set the DateChoice to "Custom Dates" (default) and the StartDate to the date and time from which you want to track closed trades. It is dangerous and not practical to make the StartDate equal to the date that the indicator is loaded, as the indicator can be reloaded unintentionally many times (eg. when Empty4 is restarted, or when you change time frames on the chart the indicator is run, or when you change one of the indicator's parameters).

I see...Ok noted. I understand now. Thank you very much. :)
heart1010
Trader

TradeReport

Post by heart1010 »

renexxxx - fantastic (canvas) stuff! Thanks for that!
Graceofgod

TradeReport

Post by Graceofgod »

Wow! I really love it now more! Thank you so much and I very much appreciate it!
DavidB
Trader

TradeReport

Post by DavidB »

Great stuff Rene, you're a champ! :clap:

Return to “Data analysis tools”