TDesk User Indicators Playground

youcrazykids
Trader

Post by youcrazykids »

Dear all,

I was thinking about Naninngbob's 10.7 CSS indicator (viewtopic.php?f=88&t=3556), how it could be utilised within the excellent TDesk, and would be grateful for some guidance.

The interesting point of 10.7 CSS is how it measures the overall strength of a currency in relation to others, rather than the strength of an individual pair. It is not "pairwise", whereas most other indicators are. It cannot immediately provide a value for a given pair. For example, to read the 10.7 CSS as it relates to the EURUSD pair, one must look individually at the EUR strength line and also the USD strength line, and proceed from there. Not only that, but the difference in strength between the two currency lines is significant. Therefore, the absolute strength of both currencies matters, as does the difference between the two.

I've thought about how to use 10.7 CSS through TDesk, with the following possibilities:
1) A Universal Buffer Drone, which can compare one 10.7 CSS currency buffer value against an absolute limit (which seems possible, given that a UBD allows up to eight sets of parameters), and also the difference between two currency buffer values comprising the pair (which could be the tricky part).
2) Adding individual arrays (and buffers) for calculating and storing values for all 28 currency pairs.

I'm unsure, and would be most grateful if one of the TDesk Indicators community could offer insight and advice on the direction I should go in.

Thanks!
youcrazykids
Trader

Post by youcrazykids »

Good evening all,

I would like to present to the forum a TDesk-compatible modification of Nanningbob's 10.7 CSS indicator. I hope that this indicator opens up new possibilities for TDesk setups and usage. The coding wizards in the forum must forgive the crude nature of the modifications. They are hardly a thing of beauty, but the point is: everything works, and we now have an additional weapon in the TDesk armoury.

The modified indicator in this post, "10.7 CSS UBD", provides data to TDesk using a Universal Buffer Drone. Get your TDesk and UBD files from the usual locations.

Note: The modified indicator displays only four numerical values: it aims to provide a "feed" to TDesk via UBD, for the respective pair being analysed. If you want to see all the coloured lines and values on your chart, add the traditional 10.7 CSS indicator as normal.

The features available from this indicator are:
Buffer 0 contains the strength of the base currency. If we were examining EURUSD, this would be the Euro strength as derived from the traditional CSS calculations (+0.14 at the time of writing);
Buffer 1 contains the strength of the quote currency. Continuing with the EURUSD example, this would be the Dollar strength as derived from the traditional CSS calculations (-0.54 at the time of writing);
Buffer 2 records the number of consecutive movements of the base currency in a particular direction. At the time of writing, the EUR has been weakening for ten consecutive days, resulting in a movement value of -10;
Buffer 3 records the number of consecutive movements of the quote currency in a particular direction. At the time of writing, the USD has been strengthening for six consecutive days, resulting in a movement value of +6.
1.png
Attached to this post are some setting files, to illustrate how UBD could be used to relay CSS signals to TDesk:
BC-Str.set shows how to compare the base currency strength against a defined threshold (+/-0.2, as indicated by Nanningbob), and send LONG / SHORT signals accordingly;
QC-Str.set shows how to compare the quote currency strength against a defined threshold (+/-0.2, as indicated by Nanningbob), and send SHORT / LONG signals accordingly (note the signal inversion due to being the quote currency - after all, we would usually seek to trade a strong currency against a weak currency);
BC-CM.set shows how to compare the base currency consecutive movements against a defined threshold (for instance, we watch for four days of consecutive strength/weakeness), and send LONG / SHORT signals accordingly;
QC-CM.set shows how to compare the quote currency consecutive movements against a defined threshold (for instance, we watch for four days of consecutive strength/weakeness), and send LONG / SHORT signals accordingly.

This is how TDesk appears at present with all four usage instances included:
2.png
I hope all of this made sense. Have fun everyone, and shout out if you have any queries.
10.7 CSS TD UBD.mq4
10.7 CSS TD UBD.ex4
BC-Str.set
BC-CM.set
QC-Str.set
QC-CM.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

youcrazykids » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm wrote:The coding wizards in the forum must forgive the crude nature of the modifications. They are hardly a thing of beauty, but the point is: everything works, and we now have an additional weapon in the TDesk armoury.
Trust me my friend. None of the coding wizards care about coding elegance. They just want it to work.

Congrats on: deciding to get your hands dirty by going under the bonnet of CrapQl4; hammering away at it until you made it work. This is bang on the best spirit SHF. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
taipan
Trader

Post by taipan »

youcrazykids » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:49 am wrote:Good evening all,

I would like to present to the forum a TDesk-compatible modification of Nanningbob's 10.7 CSS indicator. I hope that this indicator opens up new possibilities for TDesk setups and usage. The coding wizards in the forum must forgive the crude nature of the modifications. They are hardly a thing of beauty, but the point is: everything works, and we now have an additional weapon in the TDesk armoury.

The modified indicator in this post, "10.7 CSS UBD", provides data to TDesk using a Universal Buffer Drone. Get your TDesk and UBD files from the usual locations.

Note: The modified indicator displays only four numerical values: it aims to provide a "feed" to TDesk via UBD, for the respective pair being analysed. If you want to see all the coloured lines and values on your chart, add the traditional 10.7 CSS indicator as normal.

The features available from this indicator are:
Buffer 0 contains the strength of the base currency. If we were examining EURUSD, this would be the Euro strength as derived from the traditional CSS calculations (+0.14 at the time of writing);
Buffer 1 contains the strength of the quote currency. Continuing with the EURUSD example, this would be the Dollar strength as derived from the traditional CSS calculations (-0.54 at the time of writing);
Buffer 2 records the number of consecutive movements of the base currency in a particular direction. At the time of writing, the EUR has been weakening for ten consecutive days, resulting in a movement value of -10;
Buffer 3 records the number of consecutive movements of the quote currency in a particular direction. At the time of writing, the USD has been strengthening for six consecutive days, resulting in a movement value of +6.

Attached to this post are some setting files, to illustrate how UBD could be used to relay CSS signals to TDesk:
BC-Str.set shows how to compare the base currency strength against a defined threshold (+/-0.2, as indicated by Nanningbob), and send LONG / SHORT signals accordingly;
QC-Str.set shows how to compare the quote currency strength against a defined threshold (+/-0.2, as indicated by Nanningbob), and send SHORT / LONG signals accordingly (note the signal inversion due to being the quote currency - after all, we would usually seek to trade a strong currency against a weak currency);
BC-CM.set shows how to compare the base currency consecutive movements against a defined threshold (for instance, we watch for four days of consecutive strength/weakeness), and send LONG / SHORT signals accordingly;
QC-CM.set shows how to compare the quote currency consecutive movements against a defined threshold (for instance, we watch for four days of consecutive strength/weakeness), and send LONG / SHORT signals accordingly.

This is how TDesk appears at present with all four usage instances included:

I hope all of this made sense. Have fun everyone, and shout out if you have any queries.

Thank you for the 10.7 CSS setup. Do you think is it possible to use Slopybuffers indi instead of 10.7 CSS?
See attached the Slopybuffers indi and the UBD Slopybuffers set file.
SlopyBuffers.mq4
UBD SlopyBuffers.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ehrenmat
Trader

Post by Ehrenmat »

youcrazykids » Yesterday, 23:49 wrote:Good evening all,

This definitely is a nice new toy!

:clap: :yahoo: :clap:

Thank you for breaking this down into a TDesk compatible thingy. In my opinion tomele has been visionary with his Multi Signal. Personally, I am only beginning to understand its strength and possibilites.

Especially with your UBD compatible version of Nanningbob's 10.7 CSS we could have another four rounds to load the Multi Signal weapon.

:smile:

Cheers,

Mat

:hi:
Remember: A few hours of trial and error can save you minutes of looking at the README
freakyg415
Trader

Post by freakyg415 »

Big Pippin to all!. I'd like to offer up an indicator that I found useful. It's a no-lag MACD that I use for counter trend trading. I am trying to develop a set file which will send the signal when a signal is plotted on the chart. The signal is plotted on the very first histogram/signal line crossover after a zero line crossover. That way you can re enter on pullbacks. Problem is that this is a UBD indicator not a USD. So I don't even know if it's possible. I currently I run one a single color MACD like this with 2 separate UBDs one for the signal line zero cross and one for the histogram signal line crossover. It was easier to program. Any who, If anyone's up for the challenge, have at it. Otherwise hope it helps someone out.

V/r
Osito 8-)
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

freakyg415 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 am wrote:Big Pippin to all!. I'd like to offer up an indicator that I found useful. It's a no-lag MACD that I use for counter trend trading. I am trying to develop a set file which will send the signal when a signal is plotted on the chart. The signal is plotted on the very first histogram/signal line crossover after a zero line crossover. That way you can re enter on pullbacks. Problem is that this is a UBD indicator not a USD. So I don't even know if it's possible. I currently I run one a single color MACD like this with 2 separate UBDs one for the signal line zero cross and one for the histogram signal line crossover. It was easier to program. Any who, If anyone's up for the challenge, have at it. Otherwise hope it helps someone out.

V/r
Osito 8-)
Just curious what makes it zero lag? Do you have any evidence for this, if it truly is it will be useful :)
freakyg415
Trader

Post by freakyg415 »

c1borg » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:45 am wrote:
freakyg415 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 am wrote:Big Pippin to all!. I'd like to offer up an indicator that I found useful. It's a no-lag MACD that I use for counter trend trading. I am trying to develop a set file which will send the signal when a signal is plotted on the chart. The signal is plotted on the very first histogram/signal line crossover after a zero line crossover. That way you can re enter on pullbacks. Problem is that this is a UBD indicator not a USD. So I don't even know if it's possible. I currently I run one a single color MACD like this with 2 separate UBDs one for the signal line zero cross and one for the histogram signal line crossover. It was easier to program. Any who, If anyone's up for the challenge, have at it. Otherwise hope it helps someone out.

V/r
Osito 8-)
Just curious what makes it zero lag? Do you have any evidence for this, if it truly is it will be useful :)
Big Pippin to all!!!

Hey C1borg,

I don't know the math behind it but I use this indicator in two ways.The histogram and the signals The attached photo is the current CADCHF M15. I did not cherry pick this. I have also attached the normal MACD to the chart as well so you can compare. The histogram colors indicate play direction. So when talking about my trading strategies (Range and counter trend trading) the buy setups are:
1. Histogram and signal line on the bottom of the zero line
2. Histogram bars turn from red to green

The further away from the zero line the better. Sell set ups the opposite way.

The arrows that the Indicator displays on the main chart signify only the first color change per zero line crossover to try and clear out some false signals and clean the chart. It doesn't repaint so of course those arrows won't always be the best entry/exit because we can not predict the future. That combined with the histogram helps me out a bunch because they show price direction change almost instantly, and it is easier to read than the normal MACD in my opinion (which means crap lol). I think it would go great with confluence of S/R lines or pivots.

Using it with the normal MACD histogram, there's one buy trade in the middle of the photo. For the trade you could have gotten multiple entries in the same trend.

I have highlighted all the chart signals with lines so you can see for yourself. You can see either the main signals or the histogram depict price movement quite quickly. Thus, no lag. But of course that's all subjective lol. And this is a 15 min chart. Greater TF= less noise.

I hope that helps to clear up the mud.

V/r
Osito 8-)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

A quick intervention here.

Just because some cowboy recodes one of the standard indi's, prettifies it and calls it, "NonLag......" doesn't mean squat unless you are an idiot who believes the 'NonLag' bit.

Then you are on a hiding to nothing.

Indicators work on moving averages. These are lagging indicators. There is no such thingy as a 'NonLag' i.e. works on data presented now that will be predict the future. There are good and cogent reasons why we do not have, for example, NonLagHGI and NonLagSuperSlope. Trust me folks, that were such thingies possible we would have them in a heartbeat. And we would all be filthy stinking rich.

If you ever thought there was such a thingy, then think about it for a few seconds and then feel foolish.

This does not mean that so-called, 'NonLag' indi's have no useful function. That is the liberal part of me speaking.

Here is what I really think.

Would I ever put any faith in one of these cowboy-created Crap Customs Abortions?

Or even bother to have nightmares about using one of them?

Don't be so bloody stupid.

As usual, entirely up to you whether you take any notice of me or not. After all, I have only been doing this stuff for over a decade.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:20 pm wrote:A quick intervention here.

Just because some cowboy recodes one of the standard indi's, prettifies it and calls it, "NonLag......" doesn't mean squat unless you are an idiot who believes the 'NonLag' bit.

Then you are on a hiding to nothing.

Indicators work on moving averages. These are lagging indicators. There is no such thingy as a 'NonLag' i.e. works on data presented now that will be predict the future. There are good and cogent reasons why we do not have, for example, NonLagHGI and NonLagSuperSlope. Trust me folks, that were such thingies possible we would have them in a heartbeat. And we would all be filthy stinking rich.

If you ever thought there was such a thingy, then think about it for a few seconds and then feel foolish.

This does not mean that so-called, 'NonLag' indi's have no useful function. That is the liberal part of me speaking.

Here is what I really think.

Would I ever put any faith in one of these cowboy-created Crap Customs Abortions?

Or even bother to have nightmares about using one of them?

Don't be so bloody stupid.

As usual, entirely up to you whether you take any notice of me or not. After all, I have only been doing this stuff for over a decade.

Totally agree was just curious what evidence was there :smile:

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”