TDesk Universal Drones

fx800
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by fx800 »

fx800 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:26 pm wrote:Hi,

I have been watching Ivan Delgado's (from Global Prime) daily forex insights videos during the past week and found his trading strategy using Fractal Breakout and SMT indicators very educational.

I have been trying to create UBD set files for these two indicators without much success. If anyone here can help, I would be most grateful. Unfortunately, only the EX4 file for the SMT indicator is made available by the Discord forum.

Thank in advance and cheers.

peter
Below is the MTF version of FractalBreakout indicator to which I have added TDesk codes which I thought looked ok but it does not seem to work either. :arrrg: :arrrg: :arrrg:

In his daily video, Ivan scans the market for pairs to trade in the next 24 hrs and put them on his watch list for the day. Then during the higher volatility period between GMT 10.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs, he waits for either all the signals in M15, H4 and D1 or M15 and H4 to line up, and set up his trade.

If you have time to trade manually, you should have a look at his videos. They are really cool. If you do not have the time to trade manually, you can try to add your own trigger to TDesk e.g. M15 GHL or Bob's M15 7 LWMA shift 1 when all the signals (FractalBreakout and SMT) line up. Worth experimenting. I tried using M15 GHL as the trade trigger last week and managed to grab some pips. Only trade the pairs on the watch list for the day. I only wait for M15 and H4 time frames to line up. Looks like a nice scalping strategy.

The key is to learn how to scan the market for trending pairs at the beginning of each trading day. Once that is done, you could use your usual trending strategy to trade and I believe you would also be profitable.

I have also attached the MTF version of the SMT indicator below. I will try to make it TDesk compatible over the weekend if possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wallywonka
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by wallywonka »

Attached is the UDB setfile for the SMT_Red_Green_Bars indicator and FractalBreakout.

Hope it helps mate, all the best!

Cheers Wally
UBD-FB.set
UBD-SMT.set
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fx800
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by fx800 »

wallywonka » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:42 am wrote:Attached is the UDB setfile for the SMT_Red_Green_Bars indicator and FractalBreakout.

Hope it helps mate, all the best!

Cheers Wally

Hi Wallywonka,

Thank you very much for your help.

I have loaded the UBD set files on to AUDCAD M15 chart and also added the MTF FractalBreakout and FractalBreakout indis on the top, then MTF SMT and SMT indis on the bottom for M15, H4 and D1 time frames. For the MTF versions, the top colour is D1, middle colour is H4 and M15 at the bottom.

As you can see, the arrows on TDesk Master does not match. For the FractalBreakout, M15 colour is down, and H4 and D1 colours are up. The arrows on TDesk master are the opposite. For the SMT, all the colours are up whereas on the TDesk master, M15 arrow is up but the H4 and D1 arrows are both down. Not sure why this is so. :?: :?: :?:
wallywonka
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by wallywonka »

Something is wrong with your indicators I would say or something else, it should look like this and not have any flat signals. I have tested it thoroughly and it works fine, signals all match correctly.

Maybe check your indicators...
indicators.jpg
fx800
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by fx800 »

wallywonka » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:26 am wrote:Something is wrong with your indicators I would say or something else, it should look like this and not have any flat signals. I have tested it thoroughly and it works fine, signals all match correctly.

Maybe check your indicators...
OK thanks.
fx800
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by fx800 »

I am uploading the Fractal breakout indicators again as the previous ones may be corrupted.

For the Add-ons to work, you must have the FractalBreakout and SMT_Red_Green_Bars in the indicators folder.
Last edited by fx800 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fx800
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by fx800 »

I did mention that if you are able to trade manually at M15 tf, you should pay a visit to Ivan Delgado's daily forex insights from Global Prime. Here is one of trades on his watch list for the day. EURUSD 2 : 1 target reached.

I repeat. The key is to learn how to scan for trending pairs. Wonder why some of your trade entries fail ? It is because the pair you are trading is trapped in a range.

If you are a swing trader and can find the trending pairs, even you usual trading strategy would be profitable.

Great educational videos.

Wallywonka's UBD set files work great but the TDesk UBD are heavy on memory and my Empty4 platform keeps freezing. Need to make the Add-ons indicators TDesk compatible.
Last edited by fx800 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
wallywonka
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by wallywonka »

fx800 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 pm wrote: Wallywonka's UBD set files work great but the TDesk UBD are heavy on memory and my Empty4 platform keeps freezing. Need to make the Add-ons indicators TDesk compatible.
No such problem here mate, been running them since Monday and Memory usage is 1% with no freezing.
fx800
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by fx800 »

wallywonka » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:24 am wrote:
fx800 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 pm wrote: Wallywonka's UBD set files work great but the TDesk UBD are heavy on memory and my Empty4 platform keeps freezing. Need to make the Add-ons indicators TDesk compatible.
No such problem here mate, been running them since Monday and Memory usage is 1% with no freezing.
OK thanks, Wallywonka.

As i mentioned previouly, set your UBD set files to monitor D1, H4 and M15. On your TDesk, only open the pairs you would like to monitor for the day. Run your TDesk from 10 am GMT and when all the time frames line up, set your TDesk to send an alert when all the SOLO SIGNALS agree.
wallywonka
Trader

TDesk Universal Drones

Post by wallywonka »

If you have charts open like the one above with multiple indicators running it will chew memory and could cause freezing. The beauty of Universal Drones is you don't need multiple charts open.

Return to “TDesk: A Thomas Special. The greatest trading tool ever.”