Robot Wealth Fundamentals of Algorithmic Trading

Find eaymon's fabulous VPS.
Includes a members to members business forum for activities not related to Forex trading.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

longy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 am wrote: ...................... It is also a brilliant simulation and experimentation tool, and you get 99% of those features with the free version of Zorro.
That is what the course is all about, so we must not get hung up over writing transferable code. The course will teach subscribers transferable skills, a completely different thingy and an excellent by-product of the actual purpose of the course.

I have edited post 2 in light of your comments, Kris.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
ezaffa

Post by ezaffa »

Hi all, I discovered Zorro some months ago and followed the tutorial on their site. I had already some background in programming and I've coded some ea in mql4 (not profitable to be honest, except one that at least does not lose money). I soon realized that Lite C code is by far more efficient and easy to code/mantain than mql.
About two weeks ago I purchased Kris course. I can confirm what has been commented so far: is a great course. With Zorro and this course I look now at algorithmic trading from a totally different perspective. Right now I'm trying to apply what I'm learning in the course with very simple algorithm, just to exercise with good practices of testing and optimization and to be more confident with Lite C code. Next step, when I'll be able to trade some profitable system in demo with free version, will be the purchase of Zorro S version.
Definitely highly recommended.
toc17
Trader

Post by toc17 »

Hi Kris,

Two questions:

In your first post you write:
"There is also a 7-day, no-questions-asked money back guarantee - and I have no issue with folks using it to try out the course."
But in your site, you offer a 30 day money-back guarantee.
What is the "no-questions-asked money back guarantee" period?

By other hand, I cannot see the complete class curriculum, the link that I found in your site does not work:
http://patriciagailey.wixsite.com/robot ... curriculum

Thanks,
Jose
longy

Post by longy »

Hi Jose

Thanks for pointing out those inconsistencies.

The money-back period is indeed 7 days, not 30. I've updated the website to reflect this.

The link to the complete curricula will be fixed by the end of the week. In the mean time, if you want to view the curricula of the individual modules, you can access them via the homepages for each module:

Module 1: http://robot-wealth-algorithmic-trading ... tals-tools
Module 2: http://robot-wealth-algorithmic-trading ... als-robust
Module 3: http://robot-wealth-algorithmic-trading ... s-examples

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Kris
MonteCristo
Trader

Post by MonteCristo »

Can you build EAs or Indicators with Zorro, or just scripts?
longy

Post by longy »

Zorro is a platform for simulating and executing strategies written in the lite-c language. Using lite-c, it is quite straightforward to code your own indicators and strategies - much simpler than MQL.

You can execute your strategies via Empty4, so in that sense a Zorro strategy can behave like an EA. But it is not really the same thing given that an EA is specific to the Empty4 platform and Zorro strategies can also be executed via a broker's API.

If you wanted to distribute your indicators and strategies to others, you can do so as either source or compiled lite-c code for running in a Zorro platform. In that sense, a Zorro strategy is also different to a Empty4 EA.

I hope that answers the question. Come back to me if anything is unclear.

Cheers
Kris
eyalperel

Post by eyalperel »

hi everyone,
I purchased the bundle of courses from Robot Wealth back in November but really started to dig into the material the last couple of weeks.
I admit that when I noticed that there is no video content, I was skeptical but when I actually started reading through the material of the first module with a zorro editor open alongside, I was very pleased with the level and form of presentation of the material, It is obvious that kris is an expert on the subject and passionate about it and although some videos would add a lot, the courses as they are, are really good from their content, presentation and practicality :hi:
I also inquired kris for when his two advanced courses will be published and once this happens, I am going to purchase them as well since i think it is a very practical and to the point course and zorro seems a very sophisticated system and if we remember that there is a bridge to R that allows one to venture into advanced ML and statistical techniques, it all becomes quite impressive for me as a retail trader.
I highly recommend the purchase of these courses.
Eyal
longy

Post by longy »

Thanks for that comment, eyalperel. Your feedback is incredibly useful and I am taking it on board.

Video content is definitely something that needs to be included in our course material. I've recently begun taking steps to address this, so expect to see more and more video content from Robot Wealth.
littlereddot

Post by littlereddot »

Hi community,

Can anyone share the experiences they had with Robot Wealth since 2017?

I just came across Robot Wealth's website and am wondering whether the bootcamp they offer will be beneficial and worth the price.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

littlereddot » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:35 pm wrote:Hi community,

Can anyone share the experiences they had with Robot Wealth since 2017?

I just came across Robot Wealth's website and am wondering whether the bootcamp they offer will be beneficial and worth the price.
Given the silence here for about 3 years, I doubt it.

Best to try the free stuff on offer here first.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Commercial wares”