Trendy Monster Moving Day

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1f is in post 1.

Coenraad just emailed with a bloop spot in the M & W pattern code. 1f fixes this.

Easy diy. Go to line 7581:
if (pattern == LONG)

should be:

if (pattern == SHORT)

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Version 1g is in post1.

This has a new strength confirmation feature added by biobier. Thanks Alex. From the updated user guide:
  • GraB candles: biobier supplied the code for this. Thanks Alex.

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1h is in post 1, with GRaB candles added as a trade trigger.

From the updated user guide:
  • GraB candles: This is an adaptation of the code that biobier supplied for strength confirmation..
    • Go long after a cross of from below, of the 34 EMA applied to the high.
    • Go short after a cross from above, of the 34 EMA applied to the low.
    • Read more about GraB candles here.
I ran this successfully for a couple of days at the end of last week. Early days, so it remains to be seen whether this success continues.

Attached is a setfile and chart display template to get you going quickly and easily.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Hey Steve

Thanks, is there a demo we can follow along for the GRaB setup?

trader
SteveHopwood » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:30 pm wrote:V 1h is in post 1, with GRaB candles added as a trade trigger.

From the updated user guide:
  • GraB candles: This is an adaptation of the code that biobier supplied for strength confirmation..
    • Go long after a cross of from below, of the 34 EMA applied to the high.
    • Go short after a cross from above, of the 34 EMA applied to the low.
    • Read more about GraB candles here.
I ran this successfully for a couple of days at the end of last week. Early days, so it remains to be seen whether this success continues.

Attached is a setfile and chart display template to get you going quickly and easily.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

trader689 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:51 pm wrote:Hey Steve

Thanks, is there a demo we can follow along for the GRaB setup?

trader
I have posted login details to two demos that I loaded up over the weekend, in post 1.

You will see that only one of the original demos is still there. The others were failures.

Going back to GRaB, I saw several times last week baskets of 0.1 lot trades going to +$300 and more, then falling back. That is why the setfile has a basket tp of $300. Two have closed today on the H1 demo with a third looking hopeful. One has closed today on the H4.

Feel free someone, to pass the EA and setfile onto Raghee at https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/492 ... ab-candles if you know how to find her. The GRaB thingy was inspired by her, after all, but the stats show that she last visited FF nearly three years ago.

trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

great thanks Steve

trader
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

V 1i is in post 1.

I did not want to send limit orders when using GRaB as a trigger but as soon as I did Monster would delete the stop order on the next tick. I thought I solved this weeks ago, but clearly not.

1i appears to to fix this.

Simple DIY. Go to this function:
void deleteOrphanPendings(string symbol, int pairIndex)

The last few lines in the function are:

Code: Select all

deletePendings = true;
   if (buyStopOpen)
      closeAllTrades(symbol, OP_BUYSTOP);
   else
      closeAllTrades(symbol, OP_SELLSTOP);
   deletePendings =false;
Replace them with:

Code: Select all

deletePendings = true;

if (SendLimitOrder)
   {
      if (buyStopOpen)
         closeAllTrades(symbol, OP_BUYSTOP);
      if (buyLimitOpen)
         closeAllTrades(symbol, OP_BUYLIMIT);

if (sellStopOpen)
         closeAllTrades(symbol, OP_SELLSTOP);
      if (sellLimitOpen)
         closeAllTrades(symbol, OP_SELLLIMIT);

deletePendings = false;
   }//if (SendLimitOrder)

opita
Trader

Post by opita »

It is hard to make assumptions this early, but so far it seems EURNZD and possibly CHFJPY might not be good fit for the EA... Obviously, time will tell, way to early to make a conclusion.

Also, Thursdays do not seem to be a good day for trading for the EA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

opita » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 pm wrote:It is hard to make assumptions this early, but so far it seems EURNZD and possibly CHFJPY might not be good fit for the EA... Obviously, time will tell, way to early to make a conclusion.

This is great to see. What do you have enabled?

Cheers

opita
Trader

Post by opita »

SteveHopwood » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:04 pm wrote:
opita » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 pm wrote:It is hard to make assumptions this early, but so far it seems EURNZD and possibly CHFJPY might not be good fit for the EA... Obviously, time will tell, way to early to make a conclusion.

This is great to see. What do you have enabled?

Cheers
So far I have been going off your Grab Candle demo (so the information above is based on it). I just started my own version in Bully Pepperstone demo. Removed both pairs mentioned above and changed the Global TP to 20 instead of 30 (using .01 lots), but have left everything else the same.

I don't want to add it to any database yet since there might be a few tweaks on the way before doing a proper demo.
Cheer,

:youknow:

----
Opita

Return to “Trendy Monster Moving Day”