Trendy Monster Moving Day

SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

I just realised that I never posted the fix. Post 1 as usual. Irrelevant if you are not using ADX.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
SimonDK

Post by SimonDK »

woodlands » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:50 am wrote:Thanks Steve,
I have been running several versions of Trendy Monster and try to make small adjustments only to the settings. The change in performance of this one is since adding BE and JS, otherwise has been the same setup from beginning October.
(I am also using APTM as per setfile below)

Woodlands, I've been running your setup for a few weeks on a 1k demo and it's looking really good so far, but I have a couple questions:

Is the JS setting only to ensure that all the grids have a BE of 2 pips? I find a lot of my trades are hitting BE and I would've hoped that hitting BE on the last order of a grid would close them all.

And have you tried using an all-pairs-basket JS to secure some of the profit? It seems to me that I'm often having around 150 pips in a basket (I have TP at 300) before hitting BE on a lot of trades.

Also, what's the reason for using APTM? It seems to me that we can get the same functionality from TMMD itself.

And a slight disclaimer, I might have bungled some settings when I changed them to fit a 1k account :)

/Simon
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Just making sure you have seen folks, that Thomas has posted TDesk 7.3 along with a full user guide. Usual place: viewtopic.php?p=163522#p163522

Thanks Thomas. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!: :!!:

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

SteveHopwood » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:18 am wrote:
V 1k is in post 1.

Alex (biobier) emailed yesterday with a bug spot that stops the trailing and jumping stop functions from working except on certain pairs.

It is an easy DIY:
- Go to: void jumpingStopLoss(int ticket).
- Scroll down a few lines to double sl = OrderStopLoss();
- Insert this code underneath:

Code: Select all

//This next line fixes a bug spotted by biobier. Thanks Alex.
  double point = SymbolInfoDouble(OrderSymbol(),SYMBOL_POINT);
- Go to: void trailingStopLoss(int ticket) (next function down)
- Repeat the insertion.
- Go back to the top of: void jumpingStopLoss(int ticket)
- Do a search and replace, replacing "Point" with "point". There are two instances in each function.

Thanks Alex. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

biobier » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:30 am wrote:
I have been running several versions of Trendy Monster and try to make small adjustments only to the settings. The change in performance of this one is since adding BE and JS, otherwise has been the same setup from beginning October.
During last weekend I've setup a Demo with this too. It had a bad start on Monday but did well recover yesterday by closing a full basket. :clap:
Update as I have this demo still running :smile: 4k€ in ~3 months
2021-02-04 15_30_50-TMMD MaADX _ Myfxbook.png
2021-02-04 15_32_32-TMMD MaADX _ Myfxbook.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners
SteveHopwood
Owner

Post by SteveHopwood »

woodlands » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am wrote:Thanks Steve,

Congratulations on your and biobier's brilliant results. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I am featuring your post in my wrup tonight.

nrforex

Post by nrforex »

biobier » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:37 pm wrote:
biobier » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:30 am wrote:
During last weekend I've setup a Demo with this too. It had a bad start on Monday but did well recover yesterday by closing a full basket. :clap:
Update as I have this demo still running :smile: 4k€ in ~3 months
Can you share your setfile, plz?
trader689
Trader

Post by trader689 »

Hey nforex the setfile is on p3 of this thread shared by woodlands, thu Nov 5. One change you have to make is to set jumpingStopTargetPips to 20 (it comes set at 2) - this is to accommodate a subsequent fix that was made for the EA

trader
nrforex » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:30 am wrote: Can you share your setfile, plz?
nrforex

Post by nrforex »

trader689 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:21 am wrote:Hey nforex the setfile is on p3 of this thread shared by woodlands, thu Nov 5. One change you have to make is to set jumpingStopTargetPips to 20 (it comes set at 2) - this is to accommodate a subsequent fix that was made for the EA

trader
tks
biobier
Trader

Post by biobier »

Update on the demo which I will close. After the rise came the fall...
It is still in profit but lost significantly within 10 days. Shows that this setting only works in certain market situations.
2021-03-29 22_19_46-Window.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Must-reads for FOREX NOOBS as me:
Help for Newbies.
Information For Beginners

Return to “Trendy Monster Moving Day”