Global partial close

goodo
Trader

Global partial close

Post by goodo »

Is there such a thing as a partial close that works on all open orders? I looked into the simple all pair basket manager but it only has the option of full close. Going pair by pair with a partial close script seems to be the only solution. I wouldn't mind if it was an EA, but I don't think it needs to be.

Any ideas?
danjuma
Trader

Global partial close

Post by danjuma »

Well you can try the MPTM ea viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5190 Set to manage all trades and to part-close each trade at your specified pips
goodo
Trader

Global partial close

Post by goodo »

danjuma » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm wrote:Well you can try the MPTM ea viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5190 Set to manage all trades and to part-close each trade at your specified pips
Thanks for the suggestion @danjuma unfortunately that is not what I am looking for. It would be cool if the EA allowed you to take say XX% of all positions if equity reaches YYY% of the balance or something along those lines, but there's no way to make it work like that if it is counting pips.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Global partial close

Post by SteveHopwood »

You are about as vague as it is possible to be and so will attract no attention. You do not even offer a half-way decent manual trading strategy.

This might change if you are able to demonstrate a successful manual live trading strategy and then be a tad more specific about your needs.

Forget it if you are not able to do the above.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
goodo
Trader

Global partial close

Post by goodo »

SteveHopwood wrote:You are about as vague as it is possible to be and so will attract no attention. You do not even offer a half-way decent manual trading strategy.

This might change if you are able to demonstrate a successful manual live trading strategy and then be a tad more specific about your needs.

Forget it if you are not able to do the above.

Well, I trade manually, and these past weeks I have seen Increased volatility, more than one time I wished I had a script that would close 50% of all open orders. That is all I was asking about.

Peace
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Global partial close

Post by SteveHopwood »

goodo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:17 am wrote:
Well, I trade manually, and these past weeks I have seen Increased volatility, more than one time I wished I had a script that would close 50% of all open orders. That is all I was asking about.

Peace
I have not heard of such a script. Doesn't mean it does not exist. Good luck in your search for it.

Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
goodo
Trader

Global partial close

Post by goodo »

SteveHopwood wrote:
goodo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:17 am wrote:

Peace
I have not heard of such a script. Doesn't mean it does not exist. Good luck in your search for it.

Thanks. I'll be sure to share it here if I do.
renexxxx
Trader

Global partial close

Post by renexxxx »

You can have a look at the attached script and see if this works for you. It closes a given percentage of all the open orders with the given magic number.

Have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goodo
Trader

Global partial close

Post by goodo »

It works great renexxxx, many thanks. :!!: :!!:

Return to “Scripts”