HGI for beginners.

Includes an archive of all previous Bob stuff
cadic113

Zero divide - Help me plz

Post by cadic113 »

Hi all,
First word, thanks everybody here, for your great contribute!!!!!!
I'm newbie here, so please forgive me if I do some stupid questions :smile: .
I wrote an EA, using hgi_lib.ex4. It working well with all brokers (I tested with GP, Bully Pepperstone, IG, IC,...) except Liteforex (http://www.liteforex.com).
I tried to fix this troubles, but I cant, while Crap4 say the error occurred in hgi_lib.mq4 (60,50)
Please help me!!
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diddyonforex

HGI for beginners.

Post by diddyonforex »

Can anyone assist as to where to get the 100 pip template with that 20 pip's in between. I have read the guide and was able to make my first trade today on NZDUSD for 155 pip's where I exited because I wanted to have my first big win in forex.

I've used search and other indicate that they are on the first post in HGI but I cannot locate it.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Last edited by diddyonforex on Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danyblu
Trader

HGI for beginners.

Post by Danyblu »

Hello, I've demo traded HGI for a few weeks now with mixed results. This is the first trading system I try to manually trade with.

To truly understand why a signal occurs, what HGI actually does on a granular level, I wanted to study the MQL4 code. Is the code for this indicator not available?

I made some bad trades and feel like I should learn more about the tools I am using, I don't know it this is the right approach. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

HGI for beginners.

Post by SteveHopwood »

Danyblu » Tue May 25, 2021 11:55 am wrote:Hello, I've demo traded HGI for a few weeks now with mixed results. This is the first trading system I try to manually trade with.

To truly understand why a signal occurs, what HGI actually does on a granular level, I wanted to study the MQL4 code. Is the code for this indicator not available?

I made some bad trades and feel like I should learn more about the tools I am using, I don't know it this is the right approach. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
The code for HGI is not open source. Some bastard would be selling it on Ebay as his own work, within minutes of the code being published. This is also the reason that HGI has an expiry date.

Ditto for the logic behind HGI. It is indeed possible to infer it but members are not allowed to post their conclusions and any such post would be deleted instantly. You will see that I have edited your post slightly.

The same applies to TDesk and its associated drones, for the same reasons.

Most of the stuff coded by SHF members is open source and we do not usually like 'black box' stuff. HGI and TDesk are the exceptions.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
mrcameraman

Re: HGI for beginners.

Post by mrcameraman »

Hi, I just found the forum a few days ago and was trying to passively drink from a firehose, but it looks like I have a newbie question that I can't find the answer to. I'm looking to try the HGB EA which depends on the HGI, and the HGI thread mentions an expiration of 1/1/24. Although we don't have flying cars yet, that date is rapidly approaching. Is there a plan to update the indicator with a later expiration, or perhaps no expiration? Thanks!
retireme
Trader

Post by retireme »

All HGI related material is updated faithfully on a timely basis. Fear not!
To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
mrcameraman

Post by mrcameraman »

Thanks! I truly feel like a beginner now, and see that my question could have been answered by reading this very thread in more detail. I'll go back under my rock and punish myself now.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

mrcameraman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:11 pm Thanks! I truly feel like a beginner now, and see that my question could have been answered by reading this very thread in more detail. I'll go back under my rock and punish myself now.
:lol:
No need to punish yourself. Asking daft questions are what the, "..... for Beginners" threads are for.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.

Return to “Nanningbob's Holy Grail Indicator forum”