Holy Graily Bob Basics - ask your questions here.

EA's inspired by nanningbob's work here, especially those based on his 240 Moving Average trend detection filter.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

renexxxx » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 am wrote:
c1borg » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:43 pm wrote: Hi probably the information is in the forums somewhere but if you can point me in the right direction it would be a great help.
C1borg,
In this Post you can see code examples of using both the HGI Library and the HGI Indicator. In my opinion -- and that is also explained in that post -- it is far better to use HGI Library calls to obtain the HGI signals.
Never used a library for the inputs very interesting will look into it, many thanks.
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

c1borg, I have deleted your post. Never ask about back testing in crapergy tester ever again. Do not even bother to have nightmares about posting craptest results. SHF is a crapergy tester-free institution.

:xm:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
c1borg
Trader

Post by c1borg »

SteveHopwood » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:35 pm wrote:c1borg, I have deleted your post. Never ask about back testing in crapergy tester ever again. Do not even bother to have nightmares about posting craptest results. SHF is a crapergy tester-free institution.

:xm:
Noted :smile:
danjuma
Trader

Post by danjuma »

Steve or any of our esteemed coders,
Firstly forgive me if what I am about to post is in the wrong thread, but the original HGB thread (http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3 ... =87&t=4154) is now locked. Basically, I would like to request the possibility of adding an option of HGB ea opening an opposite pending trade (at user specified number of pips and lots) to an original trade instead of using a stop loss. Eg. HGB detects a buy signal, and opens a buy trade, but instead of attaching a stop loss of say -200pips, it will open a pending sell trade at -200 pips (user specified number of pips and lots). I hope I am clear with my explanation - basically replacing a stop loss with and opposite trade so that the loss is now 'locked' and one can decide what to do manually with the loss as one sees fit later. Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signal

Post by Signal »

I found an indicator written by a member here but in a different forum. Trading HGI indicator manually with the said indicator gives a clear begining or end of the trend. This can replace either the tnavi's moving averages or single MA or Bob's double moving average filers currently added. This will help in Trading the Holy Graily Bob 'n Grid nonHedged_Stop_Orders_Only.
I have tried with some similar indicator here but felt more comfortable with it.
So I am asking for permission to give the name and the indicator here as I so afraid of being banned.
wingate
Trader

Post by wingate »

Hi,

I have been trading HGI manually on 1M charts. My method is extremely simple trading the large arrows only, stopping and reversing direction as per change of colour.

Please can someone point me in the right direction as to which EA I should be using to achieve the above. Obviously their are a multitude of different ones but I only require a 'basic' one if possible.

Thank you for any suggestions offered :hi: :)
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Post by SteveHopwood »

wingate » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:41 am wrote:Hi,

I have been trading HGI manually on 1M charts. My method is extremely simple trading the large arrows only, stopping and reversing direction as per change of colour.

Please can someone point me in the right direction as to which EA I should be using to achieve the above. Obviously their are a multitude of different ones but I only require a 'basic' one if possible.

viewtopic.php?p=116761#p116761

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
wingate
Trader

Post by wingate »

Thank you Steve much appreciated :good:
telaso
Trader

Post by telaso »

wingate » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:41 pm wrote:Hi,

Hi,
Please write something about how was your trading experience?. I intend to trade same M1 M5
...although Nanningbob's advice is not to use HGI on M1 M5 timeframes...

Return to “Thingy Bob EA's”