Help with recoding an EA

wingate
Trader

Help with recoding an EA

Post by wingate »

Hi,

I was wondering if a coder may be able to help me out :youknow: I use an EA that performs a relatively simple task. There are very limited commands to enter into the settings box.

1. Candle Size (GapinPips)
2. Take Profit

That is it. The EA will either open a Buy or Sell position based on your input when the candle size reaches the size you input in the settings. If price is going UP then the EA will open a SELL position. Vice versa if price is going down the EA will open a BUY position.

If price moves against your open position the EA will open another position at the beginning of each candle thereafter that is furthest away from the previously opened position (i.e. averaging down).

I would like the EA to open positions following the current trend so basically the complete OPPOSITE commands to what is coded currently. I have attempted to change this myself (Trial & Error) but although I could get the EA to open a position in the opposite direction I could not make it open further positions when price went against me.

Would anybody be willing to take up the challenge? I would be extremely grateful :!!:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

DOS Settings.png
xm7_DailyOpenStrategy_v2.ex4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomele
Administrator

Help with recoding an EA

Post by tomele »

Hi.

With over 10 years membership in this forum, you should know that a compiled (ex4) file is not very helpful. If any of the fellow coders would be willing to help, you should at least give him a chance.

Cheers
Happy pippin, Thomas :-BD

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

Keep the coder going: Donate
wingate
Trader

Help with recoding an EA

Post by wingate »

Hi,

Apologies is the file below in the correct format? If not please let me know.

Thank you.

xm7_DailyOpenStrategy_v2.mq4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Coders Hangout”