APRv02 - a video game for retirees

Post your EA's using ALR here
Prasev

Post by Prasev »

I love Rene's stuff. So take it and tweak it, because imitation is the highest form of flattery. I was looking for a structure to manage individual positions for my project and thought: "Maybe Rene has something like that". And yes, he does. It's TradeMan classes inside of "Stochy Basket ALR" https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB ... =97&t=3929.

My initial goal was to figure out the code. So I fired it up. As usual, it didn't quite behave the way I expected, so I started tweaking it. One thing led to another, and now we have another proverbial gun with which to look for trouble.

APRv02 (Automatic Profit Recovery) is typical of ALR family. It provides a steady source of income with daily risk of account blow up. But that's unavoidable. The risk, I mean. It's up to the trader to manage it.

[*] FLATTEN button is the only way to interact at this point.
[*] Trading hours are in broker time, because I don't like the confusion between local times on my development machine and VPS.
[*] VALUE displays cumulative profit for the ALR chain of tickets
[*] LOTS displays netlots for individual positions and total lots for the basket
[*] I've tested it for a day and I'm pretty sure there are no bugs. Don't report bugs. :lol:

Update August 4, 2022 --- APRv03
[*] Hibernate during rollover
[*] Hibernate deletes pending orders and removes stoplosses from open ordes
[*] Wake up restores stoplosses and recreates pending orders
[*] Look for ***ERROR*** in expert log if open order moved beyond stoploss.
[*] Spread/ATR(D1) filter: MaxCostToTrade
APRv03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Prasev on Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prasev

Post by Prasev »

Update August 4, 2022 --- APRv03
[*] Hibernate during rollover
[*] Hibernate deletes pending orders and removes stoplosses from open ordes
[*] Wake up restores stoplosses and recreates pending orders
[*] Look for ***ERROR*** in expert log if open order moved beyond stoploss.
[*] Spread/ATR(D1) filter: MaxCostToTrade

APRv02 doesn't fare too well during rollovers because it uses SL. APRv03 hibernates during rollover.
Some pairs have too large spread/ATR(D1) ratio, that's MaxCostToTrade filter.
Prasev

Post by Prasev »

I have been working on this for a while, up to version 8 or something, until I hit a wall. I would be running a strategy on multiple instruments and then one instrument would go into a tailspin and drag everything down, and die for lack of margin. So I went back to manual trading and more learning, hoping to acquire some skills or get fresh ideas. This morning it hit me: recovery pool. If you diversify your strategy, why not diversify your recovery as well? Put your losses in a pool and recover them on all instruments. This opens a world of possibilities, because recovery sequence doesn't have to be simple. It can be: recover after loss, or recover after win, or lose-win-win, etc. But let's start simple, see how it goes.

Return to “Automated Loss Recovery”