Improving CPU speed

MPTM's new home
milanese
TechAdmin

Improving CPU speed

Post by milanese »

ludowillems » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:41 am wrote:Hi all,
Reducing bar history and setting core affinity made a big improvement. :clap:
My question: I have a large number of indicators an EA's in the Navigator. Would they use memory, even if they are not on a chart?
Cheers,
Ludo
no, only running indicators and EAs will use RAM and CPU

Cheers :)

Tommaso
Global Prime is the official SHF broker :yahoo:
Searching for Servers and Workstations with individual configuration?
Just PM
:smile: Click here to go to the BoardKnowledgeBase
NOTE: Cookies and JavaScript are required for the using the board, with full functionality
joshuayip

Improving CPU speed

Post by joshuayip »

I thought maybe I will share my experience since I am browsing on this section. I have a almost 8-9 years old laptop i7 2630QM (second generation) and was struggling with my Empty4. Laptop was heating up and performance was slowing down. But the CPU didn't seems like hitting the roof on any of the core. So I changed my hard disk to solid state drive (SSD). It wasn't the latest as of today (PCIE nVME...etc) . Having a read and write speed o average 300mbps only. It solved the speed problem AND the heat problem. :yahoo:

Hope that helps!
SteveHopwood
Owner
Location: Misterton - an insignificant village in England. Very pleasant to live in.

Improving CPU speed

Post by SteveHopwood »

joshuayip » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:06 am wrote:I thought maybe I will share my experience since I am browsing on this section. I have a almost 8-9 years old laptop i7 2630QM (second generation) and was struggling with my Empty4. Laptop was heating up and performance was slowing down. But the CPU didn't seems like hitting the roof on any of the core. So I changed my hard disk to solid state drive (SSD). It wasn't the latest as of today (PCIE nVME...etc) . Having a read and write speed o average 300mbps only. It solved the speed problem AND the heat problem. :yahoo:

Hope that helps!
I recently bought a lappy with a SSD. Incredible the difference the SSD makes.

Sometimes I shut it down and restart it just for fun. The whole process takes less than a minute.

Next time you buy a new computer, make sure it comes with a SSD.

:xm: :rocket:
Read the effing manual, ok?

Afterprime is the official SHF broker. Read about them at https://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=175790#p175790.

I still suffer from OCCD. Good thing, really.

Anyone here feeling generous? My paypal account is always in the market for a tiny donation. [email protected] is the account.

To see The Weekly Roundup of stuff you guys might have missed Click here

My special thanks to Thomas (tomele) for all the incredible work he does here.
MurphyMan
Trader

Improving CPU speed

Post by MurphyMan »

I recently bought a lappy with a SSD. Incredible the difference the SSD makes.

Sometimes I shut it down and restart it just for fun. The whole process takes less than a minute.

Next time you buy a new computer, make sure it comes with a SSD.

:xm: :rocket:
SSDs are relatively easy to install and so worth it. I bought an unwanted Dell laptop from a friend for $45.

I bought the SSD for something like $85. I did have to buy a cable adapter to work through the Windows 10 transfer to the new drive, but really, the hardest part was finding the single mounting screw for the SSD. :arrrg: I eventually found one at my local computer geek's junk bin.
seanb
Trader

Improving CPU speed

Post by seanb »

Get maximum performance from your PC or VPS for free

I only discovered this recently and figured it would be worth sharing. Look at this video and get the maximum performance, if electricity costs are not a factor for you.

https://youtu.be/s49r4Eq2WkQ
The_Snowman
Trader

Improving CPU speed

Post by The_Snowman »

Thanks for sharing :yahoo:
2023-01-23_11-37-49.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Utilities Indicators and Scripts”